It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No radiation in fish tested: Health Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

www.cbc.ca...
Federal programs and research facilities that have been shut down or had their funding reduced

MORE FROM THE FIFTH ESTATE
Follow us on Twitter#cbcfifth
Friday January 10, 2014 in Science and Technology
Federal programs and research facilities that have been shut down or had their funding reduced

Hundreds of federal programs and world renowned research facilities have been shut down or had their funding reduced by the federal government. This list was compiled by the Canadian Association of University Teachers and the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada.

This pretty much tells all in my books.

Don't expect any truth from them at all. They also moved the radiation monitoring equipment from the coast, where most people live, to Kamloops BC, semi desert interior with around 10 inches precipitation a year.

That was a criminal move that implied motive for a crime operation.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Brilliant. Nothing more to say than ,reality happens while you waste time arguing about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
By the way, different conflicting ideas make me wonder what bogus reports come. Lets play, they've declared war on humanity for decades, and its a matter their best interest form of "national security", their security, not the nations, to keep that info black, then any report would be bogus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Canada Has Not Measured Radiation Levels Since 2012: BC First Nations call for radiation tests NOW!

So much conficting information eh?

From the OP, opening post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From this link:

www.coastreporter.net...

we get this:

One of the reasons people are afraid, of course, is that governments are not telling us much at all about the spread of radiation from Japan or its impacts on the environment. That’s why I was encouraged when I talked to Brown. He said Health Canada was doing some testing on marine life for radiation levels, measuring concentrations in fish.

That’s what First Nation leaders are calling for, and I thought it was a positive development.

The next day I tried tracking down the Health Canada contact that Brown gave me, who is the director of the department’s Radiation Protection Bureau in Ottawa.

Instead of getting a scientist, I got a communications officer, who redirected me to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. There, another communications officer responded with an emailed statement that said Canada has not been testing marine life for radiation since early 2012 because “it is not required.”

Emphasis in bold, mine.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
www.coastreporter.net...

I wonder how carefully and hard they had to search for these scant, tiny samples:

28 fish samples provided last year by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) and no radiation from Fukushima was detected [...]

28! 28! 28 samples! Wonder how much time and manpower it took to find 28 uncontaminated sources.

Wonder if it cost the tax payers hundreds of thousands or over a million dollars to search for and find 28 relatively normal fish?

edit on 26-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wonder how much time and manpower it took to find 28 uncontaminated sources.

I guess your position would be then; "There's no point in listening to any evidence because I know they are wrong. I don't have any reason for knowing this but I know I am right."

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
He's right, our gov't (as with most gov't's) hand pick the 'product' (in this case the fish) to be tested so that the results will be what they WANT, not what is an accurate reflection of fact. Sushi was our families favourite food, but we now only eat organic chicken and beef. You will see an "oh, whoops looks like more radiation was getting through than what we tested for" in 10 years after a spike in certain cancers can't be explained except for the contaminated food supply.

Thing is, Fukishima is still leaking and is very exposed sure there be another seismic event (which the experts say there is a 90%+ chance of). Get prepared for another Japan meltdown, more radiation in the air and water and a spike in the resulting health issues.

What's one to do? Perhaps move north and east, and grow as much of our own food as possible to avoid the GMO crap. My wife's cousin is moving to Fiji and starting an organic farm there. Seems a bit extreme, but he wants to avoid GMO food (which is almost everything in grocery stores now) and the impending economic collapse in the US which will cause the same here. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh at him or join him. lol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join