It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Spangler Makes Ellen Float, Superconductor and Battery Rail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I came across watching this after i got off work and came home Yesterday. My wife had the Ellen show on, and i started paying attention when Steve Spangler came on. He didn't make Ellen float, But a composite superconductor,cooled to 320 degrees below zero, floating on a rail of magnets, right side up, then upside down, caught my attention. There are a few other experiments in the beginning of the video, the floating superconductor starts at the 3:30 mark.

Questions that come to mind is what is the composite made of, cooling and energy needed, practicality especially for building a train to go from one end of the U.S to the other in 45 min at 4000 mph. And many others.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That is very cool indeed, great find and thank you for finding it on you tube for us!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dudly

They make a super thin super conducter by combineing thin layers of crystal with thin layers of rare metals, then they super cool it with dry ice. It is basically like quantum levitation. If you want to have a better understanding of what is happening go look up quantum levitation on youtube. but this by far is the biggest working model I have seen so far.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dudly

You wont be able to have a train go 4000 mph even with that technology... You will have far too much wind drag on the train, it would have to be underground in an air tight tunnel.

Even if you got it up to 4000mph the average person would not be able to withstand the g forces created by going that fast. So they would have to create something to give that train its own gravitational field so that it cancels out any gravity effects of the passengers. If they DO that, then I will mean that the government will have that technology as well, and if you can do that to trains then I am 100% positive that you can use that same technology on aircraft, ie man made ufo's.

so I guess it is possible but there is more too it then just having a fast train.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by dudly

You wont be able to have a train go 4000 mph even with that technology... You will have far too much wind drag on the train, it would have to be underground in an air tight tunnel.

Even if you got it up to 4000mph the average person would not be able to withstand the g forces created by going that fast.

I think the idea would be to seal the trains tunnel and simply gently fill the air in behind the train to 'push' it upto speed, once it arrives at the other end, suck all the air of out the tunnels. This method would also keep the trains weight down, which means more people and their loot.

edit on 22-2-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

It is basically like quantum levitation.
"Quantum levitation" is a sort of silly thing to call it. It's a demonstration of the Meissner effect whereby a superconductor expells the magnetic field produced by the magnet on the table. While it is a result of quantum mechanical phenomena, the same could be said about magnetism in general.

For a better understanding of the details:
www.princeton.edu...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dudly

That was soooo cool! Enjoyed the video.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thats what the scientists were calling it when they were showing it off. And is it not the same thing?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dudly

That's pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
some good misunderstanding of physics here. going at 4000mph creates no g-force, getting to that speed causes the g-force but that is just nit picking.

Also, it is not cooled in dry ice, it would be liquid nitrogen at the very least.

top topics

join