It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Track's for your ATV or Pickup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There is another thread here the "Battery Powered Track Invention"
Way cool idea BTW that made me remember for the last several years I've seen dozens of ad's for equipment that will turn my TRX450 [ATV] into a tracked snow machine.

And if that isn't cool enough last year Track N Go came out with a kit that turns your pickup/SUV into a tracked vehicle too!

Don't get to excited... The price for the Track N Go- including all the adapters for the vehicle as well as loading ramps is $25,000.00. Looks like I'll have to hit the Mega Million jackpot before this country boy can afford one.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

As cool as they may look....they are extremely hard on machines. I have used tracks on quads for more than 10 years at work...and they are a maintanance nightmare. Not to mention that they give the machine a much rougher ride. They are next to impossible to turn at low speeds in 4X4. We had over 60 quads fitted up with them and eventually had to call in the manufacturer to help us fix some of the constant problems we were having with them.

Also....they will not make the quad impervious to snow ect....they are a bit better than tires, but if you want them simply because of the "cool" factor, I'd pass them by unless you have very deep pockets and plenty of time to repair them.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Cool quad video, I think I need to buy another quad!

new topics

join