It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian President refuses to step down.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I cannot imagine this will end well. I cannot imagine that far more blood will not be spilled. I think Russia is seriously considering its options in regards to Ukraine.

updated 11:16 AM EST 02.22.14 Ukraine President says he's not leaving By Phil Black, Laura Smith-Spark and Ben Brumfield, CNN Kiev, Ukraine (CNN) - Embattled Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych insisted in an interview aired on Ukrainian TV Saturday that he is not resigning and not leaving the country. Around the same time, an opposition leader and former Prime Minister, Yulia Tymoshenko, was freed from prison. Ukraine's Parliament voted unanimously to remove Yanukovych from office. It's not clear if this is binding. The Parliament also voted to hold new elections on May 25, a key opposition demand. Yanukovych recorded his defiant statement in Kharkiv, a pro-Russian stronghold in the eastern part of Ukraine. He said he would continue to work to stop the bloodshed and prevent further division within the country. It came after his absence from the capital, Kiev -- a day after he signed a landmark peace deal with the opposition to end days of bloody protests -- fueled speculation he might heed opposition calls for him to stand down. At the presidential residence in a Kiev suburb, groundskeepers and gate personnel kept watch over living quarters that were vacant. Gone were the Ukrainian President's guards. And opposition leader Vitali Klitschko said Yanukovych had left town, a day after European Union leaders helped broker the peace agreement.

www.cnn.com...

Now Yanukovych is in direct defiance of hundreds of thousands of protestors but in defiance of Ukrainian Parliment. You would think at some point it would become clear to him he is not popular and maybe the best thing to do is step down and leave the Country. Very scary situation that in my mind needs to be watched closely.

Maps show escalation of protests/ revolt

When the Euromaidan protests began in Kiev in late November, few people would have predicted exactly how devastating they would become. What began as a small, peaceful protest quickly turned violent. The protests, which began after a shift away from the European Union toward Russia, slowly became a broader denunciation of President Viktor Yanukovych's government. The events ebbed and flowed until reaching a new peak of violence this week, with the latest figures suggesting that at least 60 people have died in the past few days. The images coming out of Ukraine have understandably been described as "apocalyptic," almost as if they were something out of a film. But Euromaidan is a real event, taking place in a real city, where millions of people with homes and businesses are also trying to live their daily life. One person who has been keeping track of all this is Kiev resident Dmytro Vortman. Since Dec. 9, Vortman has been using his own footwork and media report to map the progression of the protests in the Maidan Nezalezhnosti, Kiev's Independence Square, and then painstakingly plotting their progress on maps using Adobe Illustrator. The maps, which were first picked up by KnowMore's Max Ehrenfreund, have been widely shared by Euromaidan-linked social media accounts. While we can't vouch for every detail of the maps, they provide a fascinating glimpse into how the Kiev protests developed. This is the first map that Vortman created showing the scene on Dec. 8, the third weekend of protests in Kiev, and when the protests began to gain international attention.

washingtonpost.com...

edit on 22-2-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

well he is not popular with the international people funding the insurgents

February 17, 2014 |
US and EU Are Paying Ukrainian Rioters and Protesters
Paul Craig Roberts
A number of confirmations have come in from readers that Washington is fueling the violent protests in Ukraine with our taxpayer dollars. Washington has no money for food stamps or to prevent home foreclosures, but it has plenty of money with which to subvert Ukraine.
www.paulcraigroberts.org...

edit on 22-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wait for words like regime, torture, dictator
deja vu

edit on 22-2-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just been over at LiveLeak and watched a couple disturbing videos of snipers murdering unarmed civilians. I don't know how to post the vid or if it's already been posted but here is the link if anyone wants to see. LiveLeak

Disturbing stuff happening over there..

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Dan..

Of course US will do whatever they can to undermine what they consider to be Russia's sphere of Influence. The Cold War in some aspects is over.. In many others nothing has changed. Syria-Russia one side----US---other side. Iran----Russia-- one side---US---- other side. Ukraine--- Russia---one side---US---other side. The Russians were only too happy to take Snowden off our hands. Etc. Etc.

There are very dangerous games being played and the stakes are as high as you can possibly imagine.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm sure they are high stakes
We just keep seeing the same pattern repeated...
we are bringing democracy....

and snipers shooting protestors?
we don't know who those snipers are
at the protests in Monteello Quebec the violence was started by cops dressed up as protesters who were subsequently busted, so one never knows who is doing what for certain...

except cnn...we know what they are all about for certain.
remember when they said russia invaded georgia, and when you zoomed in to see the uniforms it was the exact opposite?

Targeting the Russian Federation: Washington’s Drive For Hegemony Is A Drive To War
The 2008 Invasion of South Ossetia

www.globalresearch.ca...

more of the same old same old
edit on 22-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For those in the USA that said they want revolution in the streets? Watch that video. Why do I have a bad feeling about WW3 being inevitable? The list of countries involved in some form of War/Civil Protest is huge. There has to be a breaking point and I am hoping to hell everything does not go to poo overnight.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Heck, I wouldn't either step down either (if I throw out my integrity) and had all of those Soviet billions on tap.
You don't really think he wasn't set to make a killing (pun intended) on the deal do you,

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Things won't get really bad until even people in the first world can't put food on the table. Governments will fall on mass, and in the aftermath people will begin to realize that in this globalized world they share more beliefs with people scattered all over the world than their own neighbours.

A general consesus is needed to rebuild a country after an uprising and because we will lack this, that will be ww3 not nation against nation but ideology against ideology.

Just like we are seeing a resurgence of neo-nazi's in eastern europe and libertarians in america alot of old ideologies will rise from the provebial ashes as well as new ones appear.

at least thats how I see things but I've been wrong before and their ain't much certainty in the world, the fall of the dice the path of the bullet small things can change everything in a heartbeat.
edit on 2222014 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have been watching that video for nearly 45 minutes. The bravery of the protestors is admirable to say the least. After 40 minutes I could no longer take watching it. I saw at least 10 to 15 people that got shot down in cold blood. It makes me want to take up arms and help them. I am amazed they are not shooting back. Are guns hard to get in the Ukraine?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Videos like the one below are only going to inflame Russia. I have a feeling we are very quickly moving to some sort of definitive action. I am not sure that is a good thing.

Ukrainian Protestors toppling Lenin Statues.

live.wsj.com...#!AD94C51C-921B-46DA-9AE0-B1B6B876D9C9

Lenin Statues being toppled by Protestors

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Brilliant post.......Everything you said was spot on and I love your writing style. Change is in the wind and people can feel it. This is why the prepping movement is gaining more and more new recruits.

TPTB need a large scale conflict and this just might give it to them. Cold war 2.0.........All out war......Dangerous games we play.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

somewhat like kent state?
en.wikipedia.org...

the us has put billions into destabilizing the ukerain

Regime Change in Kiev

Victoria Nuland Admits: US Has Invested $5 Billion In The Development of Ukrainian, "Democratic Institutions"

Video

International Business Conference at Ukraine in Washington - National Press Club - December 13, 2013

Victoria Nuland - Assistant Secretary of State for Europe and Eurasian Affairs

US Assistant Secretary of State for Europe, Nuland said: “Since the declaration of Ukrainian independence in 1991, the United States supported the Ukrainians in the development of democratic institutions and skills in promoting civil society and a good form of government - all that is necessary to achieve the objectives of Ukraine’s European. We have invested more than 5 billion dollars to help Ukraine to achieve these and other goals. ” Nuland said the United States will continue to “promote Ukraine to the future it deserves.”

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

whats the cost of a few snipers...and or role players

top topics

join