It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centuries-old Papal prophesies coming true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I came across a site with a bunch of different prophecies from various Catholic "seers" and found a couple of them to be a bit too familiar for my taste. What do you guys think?

Saint Hildegard (12th Century)
The time is coming when princes and peoples will reject the authority of the Pope. Some countries will prefer their own Church rulers to the Pope. The German Empire will be divided.

Before the comet comes, many nations, the good excepted, will be scourged by want and famine. The great nation in the ocean that is inhabited by people of different tribes and descent will be devastated by earthquake, storm, and tidal wave. It will be divided and, in great part, submerged. That nation will also have many misfortunes at sea and lose its colonies. (America and the islands we claim to be in control over?)

[After the] great Comet, the great nation will be devastated by earthquakes, storms, and great waves of water, causing much want and plagues. The ocean will also flood many other countries, so that all coastal cities will live in fear, with many destroyed.

All sea coast cities will be fearful, and many of them will be destroyed by tidal waves, and most living creatures will be killed, and even those who escape will die from a horrible disease. For in none of those cities does a person live according to the Laws of God.

A powerful wind will rise in the North, carrying heavy fog and the densest dust, and it will fill their throats and eyes so that they will cease their butchery and be stricken with a great fear.

Bishop Christianos Ageda (12th Century)
In the 20th century there will be wars and fury that will last a long time; whole provinces shall be emptied of their inhabitant, and kingdoms shall be thrown into confusion. In many places the land shall be left untilled, and there shall be great slaughters of the upper class.(the holocaust and the decimation of 5 major cities in Japan?) The right hand of the world shall fear the left, and the north shall prevail over the south.(USA/Russia during cold war; both of our "police actions", against North Vietnam and North Korean, failed)

Johannes Friede (1204-1257)
When the great time will come, in which mankind will face its last, hard trial, it will be foreshadowed by striking changes in nature. The alteration between cold and heat will become more intensive, storms will have more catastrophic effects, earthquakes will destroy great regions, and the seas will overflow many lowlands. Not all of it will be the result of natural causes, but mankind will penetrate into the bowels of the earth and will reach into the clouds, gambling with its own existence. (Oil drilling and HAARP?)Before the powers of destruction will succeed in their design, the universe will be thrown into disorder, and the age of iron will plunge into nothingness.
When nights will be filled with more intensive cold and days with heat, a new life will begin in nature. The heat means radiation from the earth, the cold the waning light of the sun. Only a few years more and you will become aware that sunlight has grown perceptibly weaker. When even your artificial light will cease to give service, the great event in the heavens will be near.
(According to Hesiod's "Works and Days", we are currently in the Age of Iron:

In the beginning, the immortals who have their home on Olympus created a golden generation of mortal people... They lived as if they were Gods, their hearts free from all sorrow, by themselves and without hard work or pain: no miserable old age came their way... They took their pleasure in festivals, and lived without troubles. When they died, it was as if they fell asleep...
Next after these the dwellers upon Olympus created a second generation of silver... They were not like the golden ones either in shape or spirit. A child was a child for a hundred years, looked after and playing by his gracious mother, kept at home, a complete booby. But when it came time for them to grow up and gain full measure, they lived for only a poor short time; by their own foolishness they had troubles, for they were not able to keep away from reckless crime against each other, nor would they worship the gods, nor do sacrifice on the sacred altars and therefore Zeus, son of Kronos, in anger engulfed them...

Then Zeus the father created the third generation of mortals, the age of bronze... They were terrible and strong, and the ghastly action of Ares was theirs and violence. They ate no bread, but maintained an indomitable and adamantine spirit. None could come near them; their strength was big, and from their shoulders the arms grew irresistible on their ponderous bodies. The weapons of these men were bronze, of bronze their houses, and they worked as bronzesmiths. There was not yet any black iron. Yet even these, destroyed beneath the hands of each other, went down into the mouldering domain of cold Hades; nameless; for though they were formidable black death seized them, and they had to forsake the shining sunlight.

Now when the earth had gathered over this generation also, Zeus, son of Kronos, created yet another fourth generation on the fertile earth, and these were better and nobler, the wonderful generation of hero-men, who are also called half-gods, the generation before our own on this vast earth. But of these too, evil war and the terrible carnage took some: ...others war had taken in ships over the great gulf of the sea. For these, the end of death was misted about them. But on others Zeus, son of Kronos, settled a living and a country of their own, apart from human kind at the end of the world.

After this, Zeus of the wide brows established yet one more generation of men, the fifth, to be on the fertile earth. And I wish that I were not any part of it, but had died before it came. Now is the age of iron. Never by daytime will there be an end to hard work and pain, nor in the night to weariness, when the gods will send anxieties to trouble us... Men will deprive their parents of all rights as they grow old, and people will mock them too, babbling bitter words against them, harshly and without shame in the sight of the gods... Strong of hand, one man shall seek the city of another. There will be no favour for the man who keeps his oath, for the righteous and the good man, rather men shall give their praise to violence and the doer of evil. Right will be in the arm. Shame will not be. The vile man will crowd his better out and attack him with twisted accusations and swear an oath to his story. The spirit of Envy, with grim face and screaming voice, who delights in evil, will be the constant companion of wretched humanity, and at last Nemesis and Aidos, Decency and Respect, shrouding their bright forms in pale mantles, shall go from the wide-wayed earth back on their way to Olympus, forsaking the whole race of mortal men, and all that will be left by them to mankind will be wretched pain. And there will be no defence against evil.

Listen to justice and put away notions of violence for fish and wild animals and the flying birds they feed on each other; but to man he gave justice.
www.schirmer.com...

And finally,

Maria Laach Monastery (16th Century)
The twentieth century will bring death and destruction, apostasy from the Church, discord in families, cities and governments; it will be the century of three great wars with intervals of a few decades. They will become ever more devastating and bloody and will lay in ruins not only Germany, but finally all countries of East and West. After a terrible defeat of Germany will follow the next great war. There will be no bread for people anymore and no fodder for animals. Poisonous clouds, manufactured by human hands, will sink down and exterminate everything. The human mind will be seized by insanity.

www.crystalinks.com...

update-- Just found this note, written by Abe Lincoln, and thought it was interesting:

On Nov. 21, 1864 President Abraham Lincoln wrote a letter to Colonel William F. Elkins.

He wrote "I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of war."

Have a nice day!!!

[edit on 23-11-2004 by jezebel]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Man does it ever suck to be US.

Eat, drink and be merry because tomorrow we are all going to be obliterated or doomed to a lifetime of depravation, hunger, misery and profound hopelessness. Yep, my day is pretty well shot to heck.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Eat, drink and be merry because tomorrow we are all going to be obliterated or doomed to a lifetime of depravation, hunger, misery and profound hopelessness. Yep, my day is pretty well shot to heck.

Yeah, for being the most highly-evolved and intelligent species on the planet, we sure have caused the forecast to turn bleak.
Personally, I'm hoping for complete and instant obliteration. I'm not afraid of dyin' but I dread the pain and misery that might precede it.

Don't let it get you too down, though. Once we hit bottom here, whatever follows after this life will only be an improvement.

Sorry if I ruined your day!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
But remember Brothers and Sisters, prophesies are not set in stone! We all can make the changes needed to halt such catastrophes. If only by banding together in love, and not hatred can we overthrow that which will bring about such painful ends for the human species. Yes, it will be hard and difficult, but think of how long we have striven for freedom for the individual.

Think from Sumeria, Egypt, Rome, the British Empire. Think now to America. We have come a long way! To give up hope now is foolhardy and just plain stupid. By banding together in peace and unity of purpose, these things could stop in their course, or at least held back for a time.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The twentieth century will bring death and destruction, apostasy from the Church, discord in families, cities and governments; it will be the century of three great wars with intervals of a few decades. They will become ever more devastating and bloody and will lay in ruins not only Germany, but finally all countries of East and West. After a terrible defeat of Germany will follow the next great war. There will be no bread for people anymore and no fodder for animals. Poisonous clouds, manufactured by human hands, will sink down and exterminate everything. The human mind will be seized by insanity.

The other prophecies and your interpreations of them left a lot to be desired. However, this one hits the nail on the head. Can you support this prophecy with a more credible source than crystal links?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Before the powers of destruction will succeed in their design, the universe will be thrown into disorder, and the age of iron will plunge into nothingness.

Personally I think something bigger that mans presence on earth may be meant here. Do you believe in the propecised (by Egyptians, Romans and Greeks alike) 'Golden Age'?. Its along the lines of the 11:11 ideas, in that on December 24 2012 the Mayan Long Count ends and our planet enters the Photon Belt.

More info here: www.2012.com.au...
and here: www.users.globalnet.co.uk...

If (When...) our planet does enter this some very, very, dramatic changes are upon us. For example we will mutate and fulfill our 12 Strand DNA potential and there will be 2000 years of peace.

During this period I have read that when we move into this next dimension of conciousness all materials that are not natural will be assimiliated. Maybe all of our materials (iron) will dissapear and thats what will happen??

Personally I hope that the human race is still around in 2012 because it would be amazing to experience this change!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Yeah, for being the most highly-evolved and intelligent species on the planet, we sure have caused the forecast to turn bleak.
Personally, I'm hoping for complete and instant obliteration. I'm not afraid of dyin' but I dread the pain and misery that might precede it.

Don't let it get you too down, though. Once we hit bottom here, whatever follows after this life will only be an improvement.

Sorry if I ruined your day!!

Bleh, in all honesty I bet we are not even close to what how evolved or intelligent to the people back then in the ancient civilizations

There is way too many information out there to be proven

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
*The human mind will be seized by insanity"*

How prophetic. I guess we're doing our best to fulfill every prophesy here.

new topics

top topics

join