It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intoxicated woman used as a sex slave by Chief of Police.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by amazing

And what is the basis for this conclusion? Over the years I've met and befriended a number of LEOs and they're all normal people.

My basis is based on history and the human race.

Give ANYONE (good or bad) unlimited power and they WILL abuse that power.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

SheopleNation
It comes down to this, is there any DNA evidence whatsoever that will support a conviction against this Man? ~$heopleNation

Why the need for DNA evidence when he actually plead guilty to it?

Because we can't take the word of a cop as fact?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LetYrMindWonder

I appreciate you giving some local background on this story. It's good to hear that this Police Chief had moments where he showed himself to be a decent person.

But....he admitted taking her to the station and engaging in inappropriate sexual conduct. He later admitted to lying to the FBI several times. He resigned as part of his plea deal.

....Theriot admitted that on November 1, 2013, while serving as the Sorrento Police Chief, he responded to a 911 call about an unresponsive individual at a local gas station. Theriot admitted that he put her in the front seat of his police unit, and, instead of taking her home, he took her to his office at the Sorrento Police Department where he engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with her.

Theriot will be sentenced on May 22, 2014.

Theriot faces up to five years in prison, three years of supervised release following imprisonment, and a fine of up to $250,000.

Source (WAFB 10 February 2014 news article)

ETA: Ack! HandyDandy beat me to it.
edit on 2/23/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Olivine

Theriot faces up to five years in prison, three years of supervised release following imprisonment, and a fine of up to $250,000.

So, he kidnapped someone, held her without her consent and raped her and is ONLY facing 5 years in prison?

Another reason to hate cops?
edit on 23-2-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I am disappointed that you feel that way. But I understand to a degree why you feel like this. The media is always showing the negative side of law enforcement by focusing on the bad seeds. There ARE bad officers. No doubt about it. But there are good ones too. As a fomer Chief Deputy ive had to charge officers in a similar incident and had no qualms about doing so. Ive arrested my family members before as well. My own son.....twice! But the media doesnt tell the stories of good officers much. Ive known officers that have risked their lives to help the citizens they serve. One of my early partners was run over and killed helping a stranded motorist. My father in law who used to be the Sheriff was shot twice...on separate incidents...int the head! Answering domestic calls. Hes lucky to be alive today. And each time he had just pulled into the yard and exited his vehicle.....without warning each time he was shot. There are two sides to this coin. The media seems to focus on just one side it seems most of the time. We are not all bad cops...just like all ATS members arent wackos sitting in their mamas basement while suffering from some of paranoia.

And another thing that probably never gets discussed is how lonely this job is. I was a class favorite, athlete, popular young person growing up. Always surrounded by people and had many friends. Choosing to be a LEO slowly changed that though. As I enforced the laws I swore to uphold, I found that my so called buddies began distancing themselves from me. Ive been doing this for appx 14 years now. I spend all my free time with my famiky now. Not to mention the alienation that my family suffers sometimes from Dad being an officer. I speak in churches and schools to young people but there is always going to be, it seems, a diviion from the police and the public. I ask that you have patience and understanding about the LEO in your area. We are not all bad......nor do we support those who are....

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

HandyDandy

Olivine

So, he kidnapped someone, held her without her consent and raped her and is ONLY facing 5 years in prison?

Another reason to hate cops?
edit on 23-2-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

There does seem to be a double standard! With the judicial system giving LeOs preferential treatment while the ordinary citizen suffers at the full extent of the law. If Theriot does serve time; perhaps justice will be at the hands of those he put there. That would be ironic!!

edit on 23-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I really wish that long time lurker, who is from that town, who knows all the people in the town (including the police chief in question), would return back to this thread to answer some of the questions we've asked him... If you returned back to your lurker ways, please come back to the conversation, because I'm sure you could help up with sifting through a lot of the reports knowing that everyone knows everyone in your town...

I asked you a question on page 1 about checking out the report that he purchased a bottle of vodka after picking the girl up. Do you guys have lots of liquor stores in your town or just a few? Could you check for us to see if that part of the report is true? If it is, I believe it lends credibility to the story at hand.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Boog911

If I make it to work tomorrow and do my job correctly, it doesn't make the local news either. If I pick up some drunk woman, hold her captive at my place of employment and rape her... well you can be pretty sure that will make the paper.
Cops aren't like everyone else. You see, I don't have a siren and flashing lights on my car. I can't force someone to pull over, order them out of their car and shoot them if they happen to do something that I decide is threatening to me.
But you know that.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

HandyDandy
Why the need for DNA evidence when he actually plead guilty to it?

Well, it looks to me like he is guilty, but if one is raped, it's usually a good idea to get tested so you have evidence to back up your claim. What if he had not admitted to it?

Because we can't take the word of a cop as fact?

Not all of them, cops are people too. There are good and bad. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I dont understand your point. Because I have excepted a job with huge responsibilities that automatically makes me a bad person!? Im not wanting praise or do I not want bad cops exposed. I just want you to understand all cops are not bad. Lots are loved and appreciated by their communities and fellow citizens. Just dont lump me with the bad uns......cuz I know you dont want me lumping you with the bad citizens.....

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Nyiah
Restrain them with belts in a prison's common area and let the ensuing prison justice suffice. The worthless "upholder of the law" and his sorry lapdog who covered deserve nothing less.

WTH, just WTH.
edit on 2/22/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

You forget that many of the corrections officers are just as bad as these police officers. You really think that kind of justice would happen? I know, wishful thinking right?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Hypocrisy? Really? LEOs wear a badge and paid to uphold the law. THEY better than ANYONE should KNOW THE LAW. THEY should be held to a much higher standard.

However, what we see are LEOs (depending on the location/department) continually abusing the law and receiving severely reduced sentences/punishment than an average citizen receives for the same offense.

There is no hypocrisy, there is only lunacy!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

He got time off because he didn't engage in the typical action of shooting someone.

edit on 2/23/2014 by roadgravel because: test edit

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Boog911

I was clear enough.
You stated that cops don't get enough 'good press'.
People doing what they are paid to do doesn't warrant a news story.

I didn't say anything about you personally.... but as a cop, you should be held to a higher standard if you choose to break the law, because you have powers that the rest of the population doesn't have.

That's all I am saying.

ETA: Reading your post again, it almost sounds like you want special treatment because you accepted a job that has great responsibilities.
edit on b000000282014-02-23T15:12:54-06:0003America/ChicagoSun, 23 Feb 2014 15:12:54 -0600300000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

No...just dont say all LEO are the same. I agrer, LEO should be held to a higher standard. A former sheriff and two deputies here, some years ago, were arrested for protecting drug dealers....one actually got life without parole. No violence was involved. And I agreed with the sentence. It caused a lotof distrust here and understandably so. It took a honest sheriff hiring honest people to gain the trust back. I just hate it when people make broad judgements on a section of the populace, whether it be race, age, religion, job...etc...and maybe you werent. If so I apologize. I just know some fine officers that go above and beyond the call of duty to help people.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This man is representative of a corrupt judiciary, I am not in america but My family are first hand victim's of police corruption here in the UK, Now I think this man should be accountable to another force and were neither the state nor local police may respond then this is actually a matter of the type that the FBI was originally set up to counter.
As you know the story of the untouchable's and the pen pusher elliot ness whom took the credit for the other agent's (a common occurane even today), at least he was not a corruptable person and even though J edgar was blackmailed after the Mafia got him drunk or drugged and placed him in a compromising situation with a young man so they could blackmail him, the FBI is still the best hope for american Anti Corruption for which it was founded, Now we know how the CIA whom work for the federal exchange rather than the state and the US secret service have undermined them at every turn but the FBI was actually originally mandated to if necessary bring even these to justice so that being a given WHERE ARE THEY on matters such as this which corruption being a proven should be investigated under there mandate as a cross state law enforcement and investigation agency, There agent's are not supposed to be an our man flint or a james bond but more Sherlock homes with the police obeying them and not the other way around.
If you really want to see what is wrong with america first find whom hampered this Agency's operational abillity and bound it in red tape so as to hamper it and corner it while giving it's rival's whom were more corruptable free and secretive mandate.

I hope for this young lady and the other nameless victim's of this creep he is brought to justice soon along with his corrupt department before it is too late for that city.

I wish you well over there as from what I have read over the past couple of years corruption in the police stateside is now at epidemic level's just as it was when the FBI was founded.

edit on 23-2-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LetYrMindWonder

Here it is I was waiting for a sypithizer to come
another poster just said this police department under this chief has had sexual based cases against it which conveniently get settled out of court. Get real, if you are a cop or an apologist for bad cop behavior then shame on you. unfortunately this type of stuff happens all the time.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Boog911

What you don't understand is cops need to be punished! It's good these stories are coming out in the news. Do you know how many of these stories get swept under the rug or settled out of court? When you become a law enforcement officer you are taking in a greater responsibility and a greater power.

Have you not heard about cops killing people and only getting 5 years or probation?? It's not fair they need to be thrown in prison. Not all cops are bad I know this and know some good law enforcement but , the only way for things to change is if these monsters get exposed.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

I agree that bad cops should be punished. Severely. But there are some broad negative comments about all cops being made. Single out the bad ones, dont lump us all in one category.

And I have no problem with bad cops exposed in the press, but just understand the media's ultimate goal.....to sensationalize and to polarize....there is no reason for anyone here to make broad negative comments like " all cops are bad" or even "most cops are bad"

Are there problems in LEO? You betcha! There needs to better training, severe punishments for those who screw up. And another thing I learned years ago.....you get what you pay for. Law enforcement as a whole is not a well paying job, especially here In Alabama. Its hard to attract elite people when wages are low. Some of us fell into this job and found we loved it in spite of the wages. There are exceptions but as a recruiting method, the average wage of LEO needs to go up.

But back t o my point....chop the head off of those bad seeds...im with ya.....just dont judge me based on that bad apple....
edit on 23-2-2014 by Boog911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubl

I'm not an apologist for the cops, or any other group for that matter. I spend a lot of time online focused on exposing bad cops. Is this guy one of them? I don't know. Yesterday when I first read the articles and saw his guilty plead I instantly jumped on it and started posting it on other sites that I frequent. The comments made by LetYrMindWonder caught my attention and provoked me to recant, if only for a second, and do some further research (as much as one can with limited "leads") because I don't want to be one of the mob lynching a potentially innocent man....read that again before accusing me of sympathizing, I said potentially.

I would think that before instantly labeling another as a "apologist" or a "sympathizer" one would do a bit of research into the claims made by the one being labeled. After deleting my initial threads, ones I created in various places online after first reading the articles, I spent about 2 minutes searching for stories related to those involved....especially Earl Theriot. I found this, it corroborates what LetYrMindWonder initally said about the attempted forced resignation of Earl Theriot.

www.thecreole.com...

Over two months have elapsed since Sorrento Police Chief Earl Theriot learned that his department would lose its liability insurance, and attempts to acquire replacement coverage have been unsuccessful. Sorrento’s other elected officials are beginning to feel the pressure created by the uncertainty surrounding the police department, and one of them has called for Earl Theriot’s resignation.

Seems like, if nothing else, LetYrMindWonder had knowledge of this. Is it possible that this article was seen by "the lurker"? Sure. It is always possible that anyone posting online is not who they say or who they seem to be.

In the end, the point is.....maybe a bit of research is needed more so than the typical knee jerk reactions. Things aren't always as they seem, even when (and many times especially if) things seem "clear cut".

As I said, I am generally one of the first in line to crucify a dirty cop. In this case, I am willing to reserve judgement. Call it a "gut feeling" but after leaving the threads I created up last night and waking up thinking about them, thinking about the fact that I could be screaming "crucify him" in a case where things aren't as they appear, thinking that I could be directing calls for "action" from the mob...at the mob, amplifying their feelings and their desire to burn this man.......let's just say that, over the course of the day today, my mind just kept nagging until I took down those original posts and replaced them with something similar to this one.

Again, I am NOT defending this guy.
I'm just saying, maybe a bit of a deeper look is in order. We all know how easy it is to frame another with these type of allegations. No one wants to be the one appearing to defend a sex offender of any kind or sort.

I, for one, want to know more about the accuser. Still digging so maybe one of us that is searching will find a bit more that will add a few more pieces to this puzzle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join