It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Wars The World Is a Battlefield.... A must watch documentary!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am sure that some of you may have already seen this documentary, I watched it ages ago but i recently found it on YouTube and figured it was something that should be sheared on ATS. It is also available on NetFlix and I would highly recommend reading the accompanying book as it provides much more in depth information

It was made by the same journalist who exposed BlackWater, Jeremy Scahill and provides a truly disturbing assessment of the dirty wars that American Special Forces and Intelligence have been involved in during the years since 9/11 from Afghanistan to Yemen and Somalia.

I would provide a more in depth description of this documentary and the book but honestly there is just too much,

just watch it.....

Comments on the documentary would be much appreciated.
edit on 22-2-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This was great....to sum it up...we are basically in an undeclared war with over 75 countries that will never end......

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Part way through. Very compelling. There are a few journalists left it seems. Bumpity.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ive been watching this kind of warfighting since at least MAC/ SOGs wanton slaughter in the Republic of Vietnam...
the targeted killings are nothing new....the "collateral damage", is the very republic for which we stand...
When all the rights and freedoms we preach are abrogated by the very institutions which are the face of America to the rest of the world,
Then the outcome will be predictable every time....
Blowback is a bitch...............

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I watched this last week. Shocking and sad. They are deliberately trying to turn good people into terrorists to further their sick agenda.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If you look way ahead, from where we stand today, Western religions are being trashed left and right by their own government's actions. And yet you think they don't want or wouldn't aid that happen in distant lands where religions are the rule of the land?

There is a disconnect there if you allow one and not the other. The simple truth is that the world cannot, ever, be reasonably, peacefully united as a one world, or any manner of a New World Order, unless portions of the world driven by antiquated, religions and the mindsets then encompass are changed. Does this point at the Muslim nations that are barbaric in nature? Sure, and it also points as Israel as part of the problem.

No Western nation is going to come right out and say that, but that is the driver of the current situation. The quicker the nations vested in religion-guided governments are changed into some form of secular governments that don't automatically hate others, the swifter a NWO will come to pass. But chaos will ensure along that zigzag path. Please note I'm not talking about any form of morality here. People killing other people is often seen as a means to an end by most any government.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
This was great....to sum it up...we are basically in an undeclared war with over 75 countries that will never end......

emmm yup that is a pretty darn good way to sum it up.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

stirling
Blowback is a bitch...............

Where have I heard this before...

Oh, right that crazy old man who was saying stuff like bring the troops home and end the fed or something..

Wasn't he running for Presidential Idol(TM)?
edit on 2/22/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

this breaks your heart

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
From part II, a very poignant comment from one of the family members of the slain :

"We call them the American Taliban."

Wave "bu-bye" as this thread sinks in a morass of stupid minutiae and doesn't get the attention it deserves. History has a way of sorting things out, however...so there's that.

edit on 22-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Beavers

this breaks your heart

While at the same time escalating the distrust and hatred of a particular member of the global community!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Chilling, maddening, tragic, moving, heart breaking, informative...

I could go on but I think people should just watch for themselves. I don't really have a lot to say right now. Maybe it's shock or just sadness. Like many others here, I know this sort of thing goes on every day. Like others here I know the ramifications and how tragic it all is. But when you see it reflected in the eyes of an innocent child (or in the limp corpse of a baby) it puts it into an entirely different realm of understanding. Can't say I feel very hopeful for the human race right now.

Thanks for sharing. Very powerful documentary.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Disturbing, but oh so unfortunately, not surprising.
I've only watched the first two vid's and will watch the others when time is available.
We all know this crap goes on and I have so much respect for the reporters that risk their lives to get the word out.
ZERO, absolutely ZERO respect for the politicians and power brokers that feel that murder is just "part of the game".

Thank you for the links.
Aft

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Wave "bu-bye" as this thread sinks in a morass of stupid minutiae and doesn't get the attention it deserves

Most "good threads" seem to go that way recently.

Its unfortunate because this documentary exposing a real conspiracy and a pretty huge on at that, yet because its not all about the evil reptilian NWO and OMG THE NEXT FALSE FLAG because the timewave told me so sensationalist rubbish it will just get lost in all of the triple that plagues the boards.

thanks for posting though dude.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I sent a thank you to Jeremy through Nation magazine and I'm ordering his books because I want to read them AND show support for his act(s) of bravery in following both his heart and journalistic integrity.

To see him take crap from cowardly sold-out "pundits" when he's often the only real journalist on the set is mind-numbing.

new topics

top topics

join