It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Good Work of Suzanne Humphries, MD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It has taken courage for doctors to speak out against vaccinations.

I am happy to see that there is now an organization of doctors who have come together to educate the public about vaccinations: the International Medical Council on Vaccination:

The International Medical Council on Vaccination is an association of medical doctors, registered nurses and other qualified medical professionals whose purpose is to counter the messages asserted by pharmaceutical companies, the government and medical agencies that vaccines are safe, effective and harmless. Our conclusions have been reached individually by each member of the Council, after thousands of hours of personal research, study and observation.

- See more at: www.vaccinationcouncil.org...

Suzanne Humphries is on their Board of Directors.

There is a YouTube video of a presentation she gave apparently in 2012.

In my opinion, one has to listen to the life story of a physician's on the job training followed by lessons learned from independent investigation in order to get a grip on what has been going on with vaccinations. It is well worth the one hour ten minute block of time you will need to listen and watch:

edit on 02/22/14 by Mary Rose because: Fix code

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

I work for the NHS 111 service, even I get a lot of children getting sick after having vaccines.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I have a three year old grandson.

I tried to educate his parents about vaccines before he was born. They were not impressed with my efforts.

He has had 25 vaccinations - the first one on the day he was born. I know there will be more to come.

I'm still trying to communicate with my son and daughter-in-law. I hope to eventually succeed.

So far he has not suffered any consequences of being vaccinated that I know of. I'm hoping we will continue to be lucky.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
In my opinion, the anti-vaccination sentiment that exists in Australia, Canada, the UK and US stems from being spoiled by living in a relatively disease-free world. How willing would you be to take your grandson, supposing he hadn't received any vaccines, across Africa, South America or parts of Asia where childhood diseases are rampant? Sure, there are those who do not receive vaccines and never get ill, but a large reason for that is the protective "herd immunity" from there being enough responsible people around them getting vaccinated to protect those who haven't.

That said, I don't consider all vaccines nor all scenarios in which people get vaccinated to be perfect. Personally, I have had a negative experience with vaccines. A few years ago I was given, unbeknownst to me, an experimental pneumonia vaccine while in Army basic combat training. I had become so sick, I coughed until I separated ribs. When I went for treatment, the physician was all set to send me back with some antibiotics and something for the cough. Then he opened my file and saw a big red stamp "EXPERIMENTAL" and promptly told me in a perturbed manner that I was not getting anything and sent me on my way. There are lingering effects I feel to this day that I suspect may be a direct result from this vaccine.

This is one of those topics I feel really ambivalent about. As one who is half-way through medical school, I do value the power of vaccines. Yet through personal experience, I cannot dismiss such concerns out of hand. Instead of being against all vaccines, perhaps there should be more focus on where and how they can be misused?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

FatherStacks
As one who is half-way through medical school, I do value the power of vaccines.

If you are in medical school, you are under extreme pressure to conform, I suspect.

All of my research indicates to me that profit-seeking pharmaceutical companies have an undue influence on medical education and the government.

It takes independent research to find these things out. It is time consuming and requires absolute persistence.

Are you going to watch the video?

I hear the emotion in this lady's voice. She has learned everything she knows the hard way.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

FatherStacks
Sure, there are those who do not receive vaccines and never get ill, but a large reason for that is the protective "herd immunity" from there being enough responsible people around them getting vaccinated to protect those who haven't.

It's interesting that you put 'herd immunity' in quotes because this term has a restricted meaning with respect to vaccinations. 'herd immunity' refers to the phenomenon that when a sufficient % of a population becomes immune the pathogen dies off. Vaccinations do not provide lifetime immunity and so if there is a 'herd immunity' effect it cannot last without boosters. Thus we are faced with a lifetime of getting vaccinations in order to avoid getting a disease. What is wrong with this picture? How did we get to be the most successful organism in the world prior to vaccinations? There is tons of evidence that shows nutrition and sanitation play a huge role in our ability to fight disease but it seems TPTB would prefer we live unhealthy lifestyles and take lots of pharmaceuticals and vaccinations. The government could save so much money on healthcare they could afford to give everyone all the vitamin C they wanted FREE, for example. PS, I take around 25 grams of C per day

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Suzanne Humphries has co-authored with Roman Bystrianyk a book entitled Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and the Forgotten History.

It is very interesting to me that I have the paperback in front of me, which I got on Amazon, but I don't see that the publisher is stated in the opening pages at all. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

They must have self-published without a name assigned as "publisher."

I think this is an indication of the extreme sensitivity of the subject-matter.

The copyright date is 2013.

Anyway, one of the most important things about the vaccine controversy is the popular belief that historically vaccines have wiped out diseases.

In researcher Roman Bystrianyk's Author's Introduction, it states:

Looking at the data from the United States starting from 1900, the measles mortality rate had declined by more than 98 percent before the introduction of the vaccine! Even more shocking was that the same date revealed that whooping cough mortality had declined by more than 90 percent before the DTP vaccine was introduced! I was stunned that no one I knew, including my sons' doctors, had carefully examined this fundamental belief that vaccines were responsible for the massive decline in deaths from measles and whooping cough.

I see that Chapter 4 of the book is on smallpox and chapter 12 is on polio.

new topics

top topics

join