It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Crisis: President's Kiev Offices Abandoned

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Thanks for the rt live texts, was looking all over for it.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Your Welcome, stay safe mate.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Personal update, food stores in my city is well stocked, but ATMs not working. Did not see any police on the streets but people are orderly.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

The reasons the ATMS are down is because there is a bank run going on.
Also, Europe has freezed a lot of assets of Ukraine, also forced Paypal and Visa to withhold all transactions from and to Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

For once i hope this occurs.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

You might as well join in the McCain bandwagon.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Rosha

But they have Russian support, dont they. And now Ukraine has two parallel governments. I see a shooting war in the near future, as west tries to consolidate the east and east resisting, and with Russia beside them, there will be a Georgia 2.0

What do you think?

Looks like Putin may have found his way in, just keywording that last news clip. "The 'extremists' / aka 'terrorists' threatening nuclear safety"...it sounds like an offensive defense/wag the dog 101 thing. What is the bet the next headline is something like " East Ukraine calls on Russia for support"...no invasion...just invitation.

Either that or some well paid ( by who knows) wingnut really will blow a Reactor tank and so force the entire world to give Putin his baby back on 'moral grounds'.

sigh. I just hope poeple will be ok.

edit on 22-2-2014 by Rosha because: even more gremlins...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Rosha

You might as well join in the McCain bandwagon.

?? McCain here is a brand of hot chips we oven cook....apart from casting a wide angled lens, I'm so far away from politically interested or invested here its not funny...I *am* for the *people* of the Ukraine and whatever they choose, for themselves.

Ro

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I'm thinking that when the Olympics, more specifically the closing ceremonies, are over Putin will take control (behind the scenes obviously) and then all hell is going to break loose. No tarnishing the Sochi dream at this point in time......

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I mostly am not into politics but this could be the start of another East against the west game... I'll hope it will end peaceful so that casualties are to a minimum.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Don´t let that puppy " Agent _USA_Supporter " annoy you, he just needs attention like puppies do.
What he wants is you to take sides.. in this its either pro Russia or pro EU .. to him there is no middle way...
I am looking forward to see what kind of threads and opinions he has in a future..

Violence is something that no one needs to accept from any sides and its never acceptable.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Once Again...

Russia Today is state sponsored PROPAGANDA

By all means, enjoy their live feeds, of the mayhem, but be aware:

Any article will probably be solely the views of Russia's wildest, wettest dreams.

RT was created at the Kremlin, and the cold war never ended for the mind benders.

edit on 22-2-2014 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
May i ask on here...
What do people think of Timoshenko becoming free? She gave a speech in which, gratefully, she apologised on behalf of the last parliament about he trouble caused, that's good i guess but what will the future uphold in this decision?
There's no one really to govern the country apart from Timoshenko at this moment as i see it?

I hope east and west won't separate as there is so much history but there really is no denying that Ukraine is a bridge between the eastern and western hemispheres, and you could say that ukraine acts kind of like a representatives of the 2 parts of the world.

Everything will be alright... But what do you think?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think her experiences will have made her a little wiser, and support her in a leadership role if she does step up fully. I keep mindful that all politicians are just people..so any number of Ukrainian citizens would be fit for office, not just the big speakers or loudest..as this is what free government is meant to be, every day people leading people, of and for and by the people..gov is not meant to be by ruling elites, not Tsars. She is the most visible symbol of opposition, but that doesn't automatically guarantee she will end up in a new parliament let alone President. From the look of yesterdays articles in news, it seems the East/Russia is pre-empting any new gov formation by enlisting a 'hostage' mentality, saying all decisions made by the original gov over past month were made under duress and were ' involuntary' and so, invalid...this would include her release...and this is also no small signal, that they intend to be back in office eventually. If they do get back in, they will just wipe any resolutions passed, and she will likely be back in jail. If Russia takes over, I think she risks being killed.

I do think Putin will take Crimea and soon. Where he goes beyond this, is anyone's guess. All I do know for certain is reports of 'extremists looting and trashing Kiev' that are being passed about by Russia in msm media and other places are false..from ppl on the ground, it is "calm for now, we feed everyone, make sure they are not cold or alone tonight"....they also say opposition leaders are going to great lengths to restrain more radical elements and are forming their own civilian task forces to clean up, to help those who mourn and to prevent loss, more damage etc.. Right now they seem stunned, and sadly, it is their goodness and hope being used against them. Most Ukrainians I speak to are good people, good hearts, they do not want to fight at all, this being the case, this conscience is both their best friend, and their worst enemy .

lighting a candle..hoping for the best.

Ro
edit on 22-2-2014 by Rosha because: gremlins

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Rosha

Ukrainian TV. Continuously monitoring the news.

It looks like the President took flight, possibly while protesters were headed to his complex. I think I reported on that in the O.P. - it is how they found that he had fled in the first place.

I'm not over there right now like some of you are, so I don't know for sure, but that would be my guess - and it looks like Yulia is being set up to take charge of the new government.

Yulia Tymoshenko has addressed protesters in Kiev’s Independence Square.
Mixed reception as she urged crowds to continue their action until change is secured
Former opposition leader was released from prison just hours earlier
Ukraine’s parliament has impeached President Viktor Yanukovych and called for elections on May 25
Yanukovych, who fled the capital, denounced what he called a coup in Kiev
Britain, Poland and other EU countries have declared their support for the new government while Russia attacked the demonstrators who formed it as “extremists and pogromists”.

Ukraine’s border control service claimed that aides to Viktor Yanukovych tried in vain to bribe border guards to let him fly out of the country, according to the AFP news agency.

“A private plane due to fly out of Donetsk airport did not have the correct paperwork. When officials arrived to check the documentation they were met by armed people who offered them money to fly out urgently,” border service spokesman Serhiy Astahov told AFP. He said border guards refused the offer.

Astahov’s account has not been independently confirmed.

The Guardian: Ukraine: Tymoshenko freed as president denounces 'coup'

edit on 22pmSat, 22 Feb 2014 18:31:56 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Just read this, looks like its over.
If he doesn't escape he'll be found and arrested.. I want to hear what he has to say!

I'd never heard of Yulia Tymoshenko.. but she seems pretty popular now!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

We shall see what happens there does seem to be something to the story that some of the protesters were armed and affiliated with far right neo-Nazi groups.

Just like in Syria and Egypt something doesn't quite add up. How come the Sirian opposition is affiliated with the same terrorists that we tried to take out during the 2000s? Why is the Muslim brotherhood in the same situation?

You would think with the way the West usually likes to cover events that it would be somewhat important to know how extremist the factions overthrowing the generally less extremist governments are.

When I read the news I get the impression that some liberal hippie types are overthrowing some hard-line conservative governments but the more research I see it's closer to the other way around.

There is a lot of talk about how fascist these governments that are being overthrown are but how fascist are the protesters? There seems to be some evidence that they are explicitly fascist And in a lot of cases directly and explicitly affiliate themselves with fascists as is the case of both the Muslim brotherhood and of many of the protesters in Ukraine.

I would have to see what the protesters concerns about the existing Syrian and Ukrainian governments really are and then what their plans are to make a better country in both cases before I really understood what was going on here.

Right now I'm not informed though so I remain neutral and wishing for a moderate solution.

edit on 22pmSat, 22 Feb 2014 22:08:06 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pmSat, 22 Feb 2014 22:09:28 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pmSat, 22 Feb 2014 22:15:16 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pmSat, 22 Feb 2014 22:16:35 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pmSat, 22 Feb 2014 22:17:21 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pmSat, 22 Feb 2014 22:18:44 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join