It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and Belief

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm not here to arrogantly flaunt. I'm here to fight for the fate of the souls of the people that I love.
edit on 22-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

graphuto

And what do those tell us about existentialism and the purpose of life? Not alot.

The Bible tells a ton!

Some of us like to find our answers without riding someone else's coattails. There's a virtue to making things with your own hands, to putting the love and sweat into crafting your own solution.

I'm not here to arrogantly flaunt. I'm here to fight for the fate of the souls of the people that I love.

I don't believe you. I mean, if you had the choice to trade your own salvation so someone else could go to heaven...would you? Would you sacrifice your own happy ending so someone else could have it?
edit on 22-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I'm on topic, the OP stated that only those who believe in Jesus will have the gift of eternal life. I'm disputing this, or are we not allowed to comment on religious threads if we have opposing views?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

No offense, but why, pray tell, did you come to this thread then? Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

I take the Bible as it is, and as people have been doing for the past 400 years.

I'll freely admit that I don't have the knowledge to appropriately address your points.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

graphuto

No offense, but why, pray tell, did you come to this thread then? Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation?

Do you have something constructive to add to the forum besides proselytizing?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't believe you.

What you believe is your business. Do you not see everyone in the thread attacking and disputing what I'm trying to say? What am I gaining by having this discussion?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It DOES happen to be the "Religion, Faith, and Theology" forum that is listed in the "Off-Topic" section of ATS. Someone might read across this thread and find the information within useful.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

graphuto

It DOES happen to be the "Religion, Faith, and Theology" forum that is listed in the "Off-Topic" section of ATS. Someone might read across this thread and find the information within useful.

I doubt it. Its only been posted about 40 times before. Nothing new in this thread, just the usual indignation and defiance.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've got to get some sleep at this point. If anyone has anything further to add, do so, and I will try to address your points when I get back.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Jesus was very wise but not singled out as the creator's only child. He himself tried to get others to understand that their was no separation. We are all the creator's children. Jesus did not wish to be worshiped. Sadly, many idolize him, even to this day. Respect for him as an individual and for his message would be more in keeping. His message regarding belief, was not for belief in him but for others to realize they can realize their own power from within.

Unfortunately, even today, many credit healers with special miraculous powers...it is not the case...you heal yourself with your own beliefs. The same as one can condemn themselves to suffer...it is only a shift in personal perspective. Jesus is my brother in spirit and so is everyone else. I respect everyone as we are all the same. I live my life in looking through eyes of love. I will never use fear to persuade others. Fear is controlling and manipulative. My creator will not either. Fear is man-made. No one ever truly love's anything if forced to by fear! Unconditional love draws the same.

I may believe differently than you. Truth be told no one knows the whole truth. I am not here to tell others to believe as I, but to find their own truth and not anyone's perceived truth. Jesus' statement about if others say I am here or there being a deception...really make one question anyone saying that the bible is the one and only place you will discover the creator and Jesus' message. (Red flag of deception, right there.) The truth would not ever be so limited...it is vastly infinite.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I don't believe you. I mean, if you had the choice to trade your own salvation so someone else could go to heaven...would you? Would you sacrifice your own happy ending so someone else could have it?

Hypothetical that doesn't exist. Salvation isn't mine to give. Besides, it's free to all who ask...

Even since Genesis, salvation was given to those who called upon the Lord, and believed.
edit on 23-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

graphuto

AfterInfinity

Hypothetical that doesn't exist. Salvation isn't mine to give. Besides, it's free to all who ask...

But if you could...would you? Would you give up your own salvation, that another may take your place in heaven? Because if you're willing to go just far enough to give up your material possessions, but not far enough to give up your eternal happy ending, then what have you really given up? Nothing that matters. Nothing of consequence. Food and clothing and time. The stuff you don't need in heaven. That's what you're willing to give up. But not your reward for being a virtuous person. And that, I think, is a chink in your self-righteous armor. You are willing to be just selfless enough to attain the ultimate act of selfishness.

And you have to ask yourself why people are disappointed in Christianity? It's a bleedin' conundrum, that's what it is. Deny yourself in order to preserve yourself. What a joke.
edit on 23-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Even if I could, why would I give my soul over to eternal torment and separation from God?

That's Gods work, which He has done.

Even Jesus was only dead for 3 days...

You can't really compare worldly possessions to what may be in store for after this life.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

graphuto

Even if I could, why would I give my soul over to eternal torment and separation from God?

Because if you did it in order to make room for one more soul at his table, that would be the ultimate act of love and kindness. Is that not its own reward? Or are you only being kind so YOU can benefit from it?

That's Gods work, which He has done.

Even Jesus was only dead for 3 days...

You can't really compare worldly possessions to what may be in store for after this life.

That last line right there. That sounds suspiciously like gluttony. "I want to have less now so I can have more later." Is this what you call virtue?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Double post.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Does one want to live or do they want to die? No one WANTS to die.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

graphuto

Does one want to live or do they want to die? No one WANTS to die.

Why don't people want to die? What's your rationale of that sentiment?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

What purpose can one serve once they're dead? What good deeds can they do? In what way can they help others? How can they glorify God?

Your stance is a vile one. I've been coming to this forum for 3 years now, and I see you time and time and time again come and relentlessly attack and belittle what someone believes. Particularly when it comes to Christianity.

Am I asking for money? No. Am I trying to get anyone to join some sort of mega-church? No. Am I trying to lead anyone into anything that could hurt them in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER? No.

What I'm doing is presenting what I believe to be the truth, based on my understanding of the Bible.

Do you have a better understanding or view, and what is it backed by?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Because if you did it in order to make room for one more soul at his table, that would be the ultimate act of love and kindness. Is that not its own reward? Or are you only being kind so YOU can benefit from it?

"Make room for one more?"

1-1+1 = 1

It's a lot simpler than that really. The Creator said (paraphrase) "Have faith in me."
So I do.
To bring it back full circle to the OP : "Believe"

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join