It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and Belief

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

graphuto
reply to post by Strayed

Everyone is free to do and believe as they please. This is MY belief.
MY belief tells me that there is something bad in store for those that don't believe, and I don't want this for ANYONE. My belief tells me to spread the good news of the Gospel : Believe in/on Jesus and the Word of God.

If I'm wrong, no harm, no foul. No harm or hurt will come to someone who believes in God and Jesus.
If I'm right, why risk it? It's such a simple thing to do.

Not to say that this is the reason that I chose to believe, but this is the way my brain works when trying in earnest to convince someone else.

edit on 22-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

It's not that simple. It's not no big deal. If you are wrong then you have been contributing to lies about God. That God is a monster that burns his children for eternity for not getting it right based on non concrete proof and 40000 denominations with different answers to how you get it right. No the effects are disastrous because this vile idea causes serious psychological harm to many people. It also causes enmity between those "in" and those "out".

Thankfully that message is bogus and the truth is spreading. Jesus is the savior of all people. When I am lifted from the earth I'll draw all people to myself.

I mean no offense to you. But I know personally the life that flows out of coming out of the lies of Babylon and it's eternal torment doctrine. And have seen it with many others. What freedom is there to learn if you might be unjustly punished for infinity for a finite crime? None. And so we have modern churchianity with its stale dying corpse flailing it's arms about trying to hold on to its last vestiges of power. A power largely given by it's made up doctrine of eternal conscious torment. The trump card of belief.

But perfect love casts out all fear. I will swallow up death forever ( including the second death).

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Trying to derail your thread? is that the best response you have?

You said;

Believe in God, and believe in Jesus, and you shall have the free gift of eternal life.
Unfortunately, some STILL won't get it.

So because I have stated the opposite to your personal beliefs and I am offended that you have said people wont get eternal life without believing in Jesus, you respond by stating I'm derailing your thread. I am very much on topic, just a different view to yours, do you not like this?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Control us for WHAT purpose? In WHAT way? To keep us from murdering each other, or stealing, or lying, or cheating on our partners, or working ourselves to death without rest?

The few people who do believe in the Word of God and Jesus Christ and try to live that way are mocked, persecuted, and outcast. By whom? By the MASSES of people that religion is supposedly "trying to control".

WHO would want us to not "achieve the full potential of spirituality that human beings are capable of" and for WHAT reason?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

If you don't like the responses you are getting on this thread, then perhaps you shouldn't start "Preaching". We live in a World where you are free to practice your beliefs and talk about them, however I and others are free to question your beliefs when you place a thread such as this on a public forum.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

graphuto
Who said anything about Christianity in the terms you're thinking of? The way Christianity is PRACTICED and the way Christianity is PREACHED is quite a bit different and off base from the way it SHOULD be.

I agree, so why do you follow a book which is linked to this religion and is just what someone else has preached? Considering it was written so long after Christ and Jesus did not write a single word of that book.

Find God on your own terms, stop following a book that could easily be there to lead you astray. I believe in God and I know his potential to Love but I have not seen him favour any of the churches or people that follow that book, that neither he or his son wrote.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What say you about the fact that people ACTIVELY TRY TO GET PEOPLE TO NOT BELIEVE, without even offering up a better or more probable possibility, without ANY sort of evidence, and for what reason?

At least WE have the Bible, it's SOMETHING!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

graphuto

Control us for WHAT purpose? In WHAT way? To keep us from murdering each other, or stealing, or lying, or cheating on our partners, or working ourselves to death without rest?

The few people who do believe in the Word of God and Jesus Christ and try to live that way are mocked, persecuted, and outcast. By whom? By the MASSES of people that religion is supposedly "trying to control".

WHO would want us to not "achieve the full potential of spirituality that human beings are capable of" and for WHAT reason?

Really? Because Christianity has one of the bloodiest histories out of any religion. The priests at the crusades told the crusaders that their sins will be absolved because they kill in the name of God, that is religious control for evil. I know of many Christians who still do all of the above, these issues have not been solved by a book that we can't even prove is a legitimate series of events.

Christianity is massively widespread, it gets mocked and ridiculed because people want you to see it for what it really is.

You have to remember that Christianity was a revolution, they were the original anarchists, they threatened to turn the world upside-down with their beliefs.

A level of control is always necessary, if you can control the masses by saying "Do this, God approves" or "Don't do this, that's the devils work", you can make an entire population do whatever the hell you want, literally.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

graphuto
What say you about the fact that people ACTIVELY TRY TO GET PEOPLE TO NOT BELIEVE, without even offering up a better or more probable possibility, without ANY sort of evidence, and for what reason?

At least WE have the Bible, it's SOMETHING!

I'm not trying to get you to not believe in God, I'm telling you that you need to put your faith in Him, not in a book that is easily just the work of corrupted men.

I wont tell you a different, probable possibility, otherwise how would I be any better? That would just be my interpretation of the divine and the way the world works.

Find it for yourself, don't look for it in a book written by men, find it in yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

In my opinion, the Bible is the absolute best and most accurate reflection of the divine and how the world works.

Speaking to the crusades, if Jesus and God said "Thou shalt not kill", and then they went and decided to kill a bunch of people, were they really practicing "Christianity" ?

What are the most important and defining moments in a persons path through life? A new job, a new car, a nice house or a cellphone?

Or is it the friend you lost due to lies? Or the friend you gained due to a kind word? The way you felt when you heard someone was talking behind your back? The way your life changed when someone stole from you, or you had a child?

When people get old and are on their deathbeds, what is the most common regret? - "I wish I had spent more time with my friends." "I wish I had spent more time with my family"

What I'm saying here is that relationships with others seem to be the most important and influential things in the life of a person.

Like the cracks in the sidewalk, what do you DO while you were here?

Consider what it truly means to "Do unto others." Make the most of those footsteps!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

They were tricked into believing they were, by the churches, because they wanted to claim the holy land so they could produce revenue from pilgrims. This is the corruption I am talking of, people have used the bible since day one to make people do what they want.

If you believe the bible to be the closest and truest version of events, then that is your right to believe that. I just hope now that you understand why we don't, and respect our right to reject the bible for something a bit more open and rely on ourselves to find God. The God we find ourselves will be an undeniable series of events surrounding God, which is the way is should be, He should be undeniable.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

graphuto
What are the most important and defining moments in a persons path through life? A new job, a new car, a nice house or a cellphone?

Or is it the friend you lost due to lies? Or the friend you gained due to a kind word? The way you felt when you heard someone was talking behind your back? The way your life changed when someone stole from you, or you had a child?

When people get old and are on their deathbeds, what is the most common regret? - "I wish I had spent more time with my friends." "I wish I had spent more time with my family"

What I'm saying here is that relationships with others seem to be the most important and influential things in the life of a person.

Like the cracks in the sidewalk, what do you DO while you were here?

Consider what it truly means to "Do unto others." Make the most of those footsteps!

You don't need the Bible for this though, I do these things naturally, I have never cared for material goods, they are superficial and only provide temporary happiness.

Again, I can not put my faith in a book, which has unclear origins and has a large potential to have been bent, changed, altered and twisted to fit power hungry men's needs.

I learnt how to be good on my own.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I certainly respect everyone's right to believe what they want. Does that mean that I agree with them? No. Does that mean that I HAVE to agree with them? No. Just like you don't have to believe or agree with me.

My beliefs lead me to believe that it is my duty to open other's eyes to the truths that I have found. Take it or leave it.

Thing is, other people's belief don't claim exclusivity, and absolute power, whereas mine does. If you truly believed what I believe, that everyone is dead in their sin, condemned to eternal torment without Jesus Christ, and that the only way to escape this death is to believe in/on him, would you not do or say all that you possibly could to save them?

It isn't a from a position of arrogance or pride that I do this, but out of earnest love and fear for their souls.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The bible was written by sheep herders who thought the earth was flat. Surely that should tell you something. The actual bible was put together 324 years after Jesus died.

The bible was put together by the Council of Nicaea, here’s some interesting facts about the book that these guys compiled and you follow today;

• Constantine thought that the book would give authority to the new church, he did not care what was in the book, just wanted the book to give authority to the church.

• The Council of Nicea decided which books were scripture and which ones were burned (they burned scripture that they never agreed with)

• At Nicea Constantine had 300 versions of the Bible burnt, thus legitimising and patronizing only the Paulic heresy.

• In tracing the origin of the Bible, one is led to AD 325, when Constantine the Great called the First Council of Nicaea, composed of 300 religious leaders. Three centuries after Jesus lived, and these religious leaders could not even agree that Jesus was Christ. The actual compilation of the Bible was an incredibly complicated project that involved churchmen of many varying beliefs, in an atmosphere of dissension, jealousy, intolerance, persecution and bigotry

With this in mind, your holy book that you follow today was written to suit the needs of the church at the time. They even left out scripture purporting to be the actual words of Jesus as it did not suit their belief system for example woman in the church, Jesus treated woman as equal, the church teaches that they are subordinate to men.

As you can see, the bible was compiled 324 years after Christ, by 300 men who could not agree on anything and burned scripture that did not enhance their personal beliefs or dogma, and the sad thing is, in 2014 people still believe this book word for word.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

My God certainly has the power to preserve his Word.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Couldn't have stated it better. I believe that mankind is naturally good natured with the exceptions of a very few. Its teachings against mankind's humanity that the bible and other recent religious books are not averse to giving that should bother people who say they believe etc because its what they believe in that creates that pestilent pious judgement that causes trouble between humans.

Most of us know exactly how we should behave to others - its how we would like them to behave towards us. Oddly a belief that many pagan groups advocate.

When one posts the word belief or believe so many times its more like a slow and steady conditioning that is taking place. You hear it so often it becomes normal practise - its brainwashing. If something is so good then it doesn't need brainwashing tactics.

You will never ever better 'do as you would be done by' and human nature's ability for compassion and empathy and lending a hand even to someone who has done the dirty on you but needs your help.

For me religions are a means of giving some very undeserving, unpleasant and dishonest men a cushy lifestyle in which they can also wear some kind of uniform to suggest a qualification for their existence and surely there should be some worry generated by men who choose to wear frocks, weird little hats and dirty unkept and even on occasions pink beards etc!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

graphuto

So which of the 300 religious leaders at the Council of Nicaea was speaking the word of god? Did god decide to burn ancient scripture to suit his needs? No is the answer, your bible is man made to control the masses.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Mankind is naturally good natured except for a very few? Is that why billions of people are starving and dying over in India and Africa?

Is that why thousands of people are robbed, lied to, cheated on, and killed every single day?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

graphuto

But the Bible is not your God, it is the words of corrupted men.

You say you do it our of fear my eternal soul, and I honestly appreciate that and I wish only the same for your own. Of course you are allowed your own views, my only concern is that in follow the bible to the letter you are simply conforming to someone else's views.

There is too much potential for the Bible to be corrupted and I hope, if at least, I have given you some food for thought.

God is good, men are corruptible, follow God, not the writings of men.
edit on 22-2-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

graphuto
reply to post by Shiloh7

Mankind is naturally good natured except for a very few? Is that why billions of people are starving and dying over in India and Africa?

Is that why thousands of people are robbed, lied to, cheated on, and killed every single day?

If men are not inherently good, then why believe a book that has been written and re-written by men?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If you've read the Bible, surely you know that on its own, without the "doctrines" that people have "surmised" from it, and aren't even really based in correctly interpreted scripture, it can't really be used to "control the masses" except in the best and most humane way possible : Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join