It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battery Powered Track Invention Looks Awesome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Battery Powered Track Invention Looks Awesome
This is definitely interesting.
A multitude of usages.\
Just thought this was a tool for everything survival.
Transporting, winching, shoveling to name just a few.
I like it. how abour you?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Wow that is clever!!!

Anyone watching the video I recommend you watch the whole video for all the uses for this gizmo.
I'm not usually a buy it before I try it kind of guy... but this thing kind of sells itself. Ignoring the cheesy music the video was pretty cool.
The part that really caught my eye was 45 to 210 km range depending on the battery.

Some of the things it can become are a snowmobile, all terrain vehicle, generator , log puller , load bearer and plenty of other things that some creative rednecks could probaly come up.

edit on 22-2-2014 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I want one, , , now!!! My goodness how much fun and ease around the farm. Wifey wants one too. Where do we get it!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Nice but mark my words, it will be bloody expensive as everyone involved tries to become an instant millionaire.

P

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If it could act like a turbine and produce electricity, and if the battery range is really that long lasting, something like that would be handy. I wonder if this uses the same technology that the new power packs that are coming out have. The new packs have amazing power to pull winches for farm use. I saw one the size of an overnight bag winch up a broken harrow that was fascinating to see.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I like it, too!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

A very interesting craft. Possibly good military use for moving equipment since it moves in a narrow path, but very uneven (rock strewn), snow-free surfaces might be a problem with that long footprint. 'Guess it would be mainly for snow. I think that I saw two different types of belts, a smooth type and the clogged type for snow. Just don't be thrown forward over the handle bars! The video is not quite honest in much of the action is slightly speeded up over normal motions. And I seriously doubt that it would give 45km miles even on a smooth surface, a lot of friction there on that belt.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Even with Li-Ion Batteries, depending on load, I would bet you could get over 120 Miles on a charge.
Or with charging station at remote point, you could recharge and get 300+ miles.
Plenty for bringing someone from wilderness, or sled in supplies deep into uninhabited terrain.
Maybe set the sled to carry spare batteries as well.
If the load was distributed for maximum sled performance, you could run empty and swap batteries, shed the dead ones like ballasts and get maybe 400 miles?
Pick up the discarded ones in the spring. The focus being on rescue or military movement, or getting supplies to a group or a multitude of other uses.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

imd12c4funn

Even with Li-Ion Batteries, depending on load, I would bet you could get over 120 Miles on a charge.
Or with charging station at remote point, you could recharge and get 300+ miles.
Plenty for bringing someone from wilderness, or sled in supplies deep into uninhabited terrain.
If the load was distributed for maximum sled performance, you could run empty and swap batteries, shed the dead ones like ballasts and get maybe 400 miles?
Pick up the discarded ones in the spring. The focus being on rescue or military movement, or getting supplies to a group or a multitude of other uses.

pick up the discarded ones you have left with a solar panel attached so they are ready when you come back..

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

amraks

imd12c4funn

pick up the discarded ones you have left with a solar panel attached so they are ready when you come back..

This right here
Me thinks you are a clever fellow

top topics

join