It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met a fully Enlightened "Buddha". Here's what he said:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So I just got back from a 1.5 month trek thru India, visiting various holy sites, solitude, intuition, practice, and trying to get to what a friend told me was a fully enlightened Buddha who was teaching at the foothills of the Himalayas, and I found him, here's what he had to say:

(By the way, if you guys want a photo of my airlines itineraries as proof, I can very much offer to post here, however, I think we are all very much very serious practitioners who are at a high degree of maturity, respect, honor, and a certain level of trust. If you still want the proof, let me know.)

So what did he have to say?

Quite simple. He said no matter the path, it boils down to the 3 Dan Tiens. The 3 energetic gateways to Consciousness, Truth, Enlightenment

Upper Dan Tien is Pure Subjectivity, but also simultaneously Pure Consciousness. So there is both a center point or the pure light of cognition/attention, but also it is a spacious field and is what creates the Halo of Light around the head you see in pictures of Saints. Think Buddha, Christ, Various Sikh Masters, etc

Middle Dan Tien is the Source of Conscious, the Soul, the Portal for the head based Consciousness to reach its Source, like a drop of water entering the Ocean, an Ocean of Infinite Light, Infinite Bliss, the Multi-Faceted Diamond, the Inner Spark of Life, existence, Consciousness. The Zero point of Non-duality it is the centerless center. At this point as well, is the Light of Consciousness which begins to flood and change the body. Eventually one reaches the Light Body via a flooding of and living off this light of consciousness

Lower Dan Tian is the point at the very bottom of the breath, when you breath deep, it is the small crack between the end of exhalation, the begining of inhalation. This point is the Source of Vitality, the Source of Beingness, the Unborn Emptiness prior to all things including Consciousness. The void the precedes everything and anything. It is the point where Buddha reached Enlightenment, where emptiness is form, and form is emptiness.

Eventually The upper DT merges with the middle, the middle then merges with the lower, and all 3 become one.

Additionally, kundalini occurs eventually in the path, opens all channels & chakras. He spoke of the Solar Plexus Chakra which when opened, unlocks the rib cage and unlocks breathing. He spoke of an unlocking of the Lower DT where breathing becomes alive and deepens naturally and becomes extremely slow, all on its own, sometime leading to extremely long periods of no breathing at all for days.

He also something very interesting. Speaking of the hundreds of thousands of tiny meridian like channels that flow through the body, all become unblocked with stagnant life force, to be replaced by emptiness, consciousness, and light of consciousness, a process he had undergone and now had access to attainment of rainbow body, but saw in his karma he needed to teach a bit before "leaving that way." Even so, he only sees a few people a week and is very much hidden, saying that only those who are supposed to find him by sheer grace and luck are the one's he speaks with.

Other interesting things he said were that The conscious mind and subconscious mind where directly linked to the middle Dan Tian & Source of Consciousness. So those who use mantra and attention, are getting to middle DT via the channel that the subconscious arises through upon waking in the morning, and falls away to when falling asleep at night.

He also said he has the ability for him as pure consciousness to leave the body at will and see/visit heaven and hell realms of various sorts as well as who is and isn't awakened to a high degree, because you can see their light of Consciousness shining from space and affecting the reality around them like a rock thrown in a pond making waves. Surprisingly, he mentioned the Eastern Orthodox Monks of Christianity as being highly developed and many who are also fully Enlightened. So too are Sufi masters, a large number of Yogi's around the world, some Sikhs, and Masters of various Paths including some new agers who use a conglomerate of techniques to penetrate into the inner mysteries.

He said entering middle DT via mantra/attention, feeling your way into there, was the front door, whereas activating the upper DT and then surrendering so it drops down the spine into Middle DT was the back door. That surrender with minute level of will was the absolute master key key, however that to find the channel where Consciousness can return to its source at the front of the spine was something akin to entering a huge completely dark warehouse and trying to feel your way around with your hands in order to locate a single strand of a spider's web.

Only that the warehouse was the size of your head, and there are ways to turn on the lights, breathing exercises that can be done to activate the spine, and a number of other things.

So I got a transmission from him and it was like everything began to open up. The "strand" he spoke of, I can clearly feel just at the front of the spine and felt exactly how it linked from the center of subjectivity, to middle DT, to Lower DT. It was the most amazing thing ever to get this transmission. I could see this guy completely covered in light, like his whole body was a halo. And from a distance, I can see clearly his field of energy was massive, like a giant warehouse of energy around him, it looked like the mirage you see in the street on a hot summer's day.

The transmission he said he had to do lightly and just enough for you to get a hint of where everything is at because you have to do the rest of the work yourself and plus a few transmissions he did, he literally blew fuses in people and they needed weeks/months to recover. So he doesn't know yet how to greatly control his transmissions other to then give very subtle ones.

Oh, and he's very reluctant to teach. I found him through word of mouth from a friend who is in India on a year long pilgrimage, who has access to an area of the Himalayas where there are caves with Masters meditating in them, being brought food & water by an ancient order/organization of people from small villages who have been donating to those seeking Enlightenment in the caves for over a thousand years now. Some refuse to see or teach people. Others have asked to be completely shored up in the caves with rocks/bricks and not to be brought food or water anymore, only to emerge a decade or two later still alive and full Enlightened.

I only saw this one guy, but my buddy who is there for a year now, said the others he met, he's received transmission from just from being around them, like third eye permanently open, kundalini activation, heart flowering open & the complete disappearance of the I-Self reference structure.

edit on 22-2-2014 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The guy I saw, it took a good three weeks of me being there in the most crappiest conditions ever to make it work. It was sort of like a test. My rooms had no heat, thin blankets, food was scarce and sometimes there was no dinner to be had, roaches, him never showing up because the trek he had to make was completely covered in so much fog you couldnt see your hand in front of your face. My guide who was taking me to the meeting place there fell ill. The guy who replaced him got us lost twice. I finally gave up at the end of week three and booked a driver to take me back out of the deep mountains. And it was that day that the original guide came and said we can go and try one last time. And so I saw him once, and it has changed me forever.

Also if you look in my signature, I was already figuring this all out experientially myself via a vast number of mystical experiences via mystical Christianity and a dropping away of the ego and into source of conscious via a zen koan and some Adviata study that says there is no you. So he confirmed my signature thread, but said that I need to add the lower Dan Tien which is access to Pure Being/Isness/Emptiness/Unmanifested/Unborn/Vitality.

Also there are a few people spouting the "there is no you," seer, seen, and seeing are one", "drop the seeking and that is you," crowd and asked him abut this. Its inevitable they show up soon to refute or debate, and he said that while it is a legitimate path, it only takes you so far. There is still work in spring cleaning to do of dropping the remaining mental/subconscious dross & remnants, as well as kundalini, assisting the chakra openings, the meridan channels to open and become free flowing & unblocked, and surrender was one of the most vital tools to breakthrough into Being/Lower DT. So we both agreed that what happens is the neo-adviata crown gets to a certain "non-dual state", and that is it for them, being under a false and illusuory impression that they are at the end of the road and there is no more to do. But its so much more to it and staying at non-dual is a trap.

The correct Enlightenment is Nondual, Dual, Both & None, Kundalini, all chakras open, all meridians transformed, all emotions and thoughts silence & returned to their source so they never arise, and access to leaving the body at will, all being permanent and the deepening and changes of all these things never ends.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Wow that sounds really special for you.

I havn't done anything in this area for a long time. I accidentally made energy shoot up my spine from the bottom, and I'll never be the same again. After that I shied away. Was a bit much. I like how either you or he used the word 'flood' That's what I would say it is too, as It felt like it pours into your head from above. Short after that I was pure golden love light for what felt like forever. When I was a body again an hour had passed. Reminds me of the middle Dan Tien part. I'm not really sure what happened to me that day, because I didn't try to do it. Only years later did I find the word kundalini, and I felt that was a good match.

Even now as I try to keep myself grounded, I'm still a bit "lit up." I feel like I should go forward, but I always end up afraid of other beings. Silly huh?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

That is an amazing story, how lucky you are to have potentially met a Buddha!

What was it like being in his presence? What part on India did you visit?

Do you have any meditation techniques you can share??

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

As far as this is resonating with me, it's all just mysticism. It's all concepts and becoming. This is not liberation as I think of it.

I am not saying that you are wrong, I'm just saying that I don't get what you try to communicate. Talking about liberation can only point to the simple wonder of being and attempt to illuminate the futility of seeking for it.

Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realization that there is absolutely nothing to attain. What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

Looking for being is believing that it is lost. Has anything been lost, or is it simply that the looking keeps it away? Maybe what is sought is already all there is. Perhaps that which is longed for is already constantly happening, it never went away in the first place. Only the seeker did, - to look for it.

The "me" seeks clarity or any formula or recipe which will give the "me" what it thinks it wants or needs. But the "me" not getting what it wants is not the dilemma. The dilemma is the apparent "me". If this is what you like to call neo-advaita, feel free to do so. It still doesn't change what is.

I feel like we are going around in circles here, getting nowhere. I can't change how you relate to this things. And I am not trying either. You can't even change your own mind, even if you wanted to. That goes for all of "us". If your mind changes, it's just whats happening, regardless of any "you".

No amount of study,
No attendance in any school
Can teach one to be oneself.
Being is everything,
Being any thing in particular is
An illusion.
(from the Lost writings of Wu Shin)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that.

True enlightening experiences are something that many do not understand.

It does mean responding to light source in the correct ways. Some cannot receive light source due to blocked channels.

I believe that Christianity stemmed from the mystery religions and contains many aspects of these, with a slant written by humans that detracts from it's core message. Those using literal bible translations are often lost in the ego fest nature of the bible and as such cannot relate to any real truth.

I commend those that aim for seeing beyond the physicality and egotism of human nature and reach for the light.

If life is a journey, living it in truth and guided by light is better than living in ignorance and the dark.

edit on 22-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth

I believe that Christianity stemmed from the mystery religions and contains many aspects of these, with a slant written by humans that detracts from it's core message. Those using literal bible translations are often lost in the ego fest nature of the bible and as such cannot relate to any real truth.

I completely agree. I didn't notice it for the longest because I didn't grow up around christians, and then when I started meeting them moving away from my liberal town I thought they were crazy. But I started being exposed to things "Jesus" said and it matched up with what I was interested through meditation. I think what you said about ego is key. When viewed that Jesus sometimes spoke through ego and sometimes as the soul it's a lot less confusing. I am God becomes a whole different thing when you don't take it to be the man. We are no different and he said as much, but I'm probably annoying lots of people now, so..

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Very interesting thread.

I do have an experience I would share as I wonder if any others here have experienced this. I find it a battle with the innate curiosity I have for spirituality and many things not normal conversation in the mundane world but normal to others on this site. he
However I experienced a very strange thing happen. I am by nature pretty even tempered and usually have to have my back to the wall before I make a physical response to what is happening.

At the time I had been having trouble with stiffness in all my joints and was pretty physically low and also away from home. but a situation which had been brewing for a couple of weeks exploded and I reached 'boiling point' I felt this sudden rush of energy spring up my spine, the like of which I have never felt before and I picked up a heavy, large object and literally hurled it some some distance through a door way and it crashed into a wall some 12 ' away and crumbled. I felt a complete release slammed the door and walked without any pain from my joints and had a lay-down. Don't remember what happened next except the situation got resolved.

I have never felt that kind of energy flow through me. I felt as though I could have done virtually anything I wanted at that critical moment but the rush of energy and the power I felt was phenomenal.

What bothers me still about this episode was and still is, that it was not borne out of anything spiritual, but sheer fury and anger. The power I accessed felt it had no containment whatsoever I could have used it anyway I wanted .

I've read that some people once they have experienced whatever I did hunger to get this feeling of elation-type power back. I was bothered about it because it was not from a source I felt was sacred, spiritual or enlightened. It certainly shifted a blockage. I am curious about it but have deliberately not tried to access it again simply out of fear of how it was triggered. I know when women are looking after their children, they can suddenly access great strength to avert a life threatening situation, but mine was not like that at all.

Has anyhone else had something like this happen because I still don't understand what I accessed because even if I tried to repeat it I know I couldn't.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Surprisingly, he mentioned the Eastern Orthodox Monks of Christianity as being highly developed and many who are also fully Enlightened. So too are Sufi masters, a large number of Yogi's around the world, some Sikhs, and Masters of various Paths including some new agers who use a conglomerate of techniques to penetrate into the inner mysteries.

I always believed that there are many paths to enlightment, the trick is finding the right path for oneself.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
How did animals react to him? You were able to see his aura, I'm just wondering if it was something animals could pick up on. Also you said he can go days without breathing? I can't imagine. I want to believe, but that sounds impossible. Also, where did he say his spirit will go when he dies? Do we go to the same place if we don't attain enlightenment in this life?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

thank you for the very detailed report of your meeting with the fellow. I like it when you have to hear about someone, and then do some work to find them. Some of the best ones don't promote, and to contact and learn from one of those allows you to partake of some top-core information. Sharing what you learned with us is also a blessing, thanks again.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Koyaanisqatsi

just wanted to reply at least to this thread, and then I'm off to sleep...still highly resonating in consciousness from the transmission so havent slept in days. So you guys bare with me for replies, might be in another 6-8 hours that I do reply.

As far as this is resonating with me, it's all just mysticism. It's all concepts and becoming. This is not liberation as I think of it.

According to him, it was all the aspects & fruitions of full liberation. At he end its never how you think it would be, so you thinking this isn't how it would be, matches up perfectly with what's said about it.

I am not saying that you are wrong, I'm just saying that I don't get what you try to communicate. Talking about liberation can only point to the simple wonder of being and attempt to illuminate the futility of seeking for it.

You can seek for "Being" and find the source of Being within, and then surrender & enter into that source. Everybody is already "Being" but not everyone knows what the source of Being is. 2 different things

Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realization that there is absolutely nothing to attain. What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

Ummm...okay, yeah good luck with that one. Let me know how that works out for you, maybe it will. But I knw some who have been saying the exact same philosophy as that, reading the same books as that, for 10 years now, and are still wrapped in conceptual/emotional patterns. Whereas this guy said all emotions/thoughts returned into their source and there is only mirror like sky clear perception that is boundless & infinite & percepting itself simultaneously into a Void of Being. Do you have that too?

Looking for being is believing that it is lost. Has anything been lost, or is it simply that the looking keeps it away? Maybe what is sought is already all there is. Perhaps that which is longed for is already constantly happening, it never went away in the first place. Only the seeker did, - to look for it.

Umm, yeah. Neo-Advaita. I get it. So you end up in a non-dual state. The guy I met told me it's not just non-dual, its: Nondual, Dual, Both, & None all simultaneously at the same time. I met many nondualists all saying these same things but never saw this bright shining auras and halos of white light around you guys....but hey, who knows.

he "me" seeks clarity or any formula or recipe which will give the "me" what it thinks it wants or needs. But the "me" not getting what it wants is not the dilemma. The dilemma is the apparent "me". If this is what you like to call neo-advaita, feel free to do so. It still doesn't change what is.

Nothing said ever changes what Is. That's common sense!!!! Interestingly I talked to him about neo-adviata and he said its only legit in dropping people into the middle DT and detachment from mind. Sometimes its just access to Observer which is detached from mind. But it misses the complete cleansing/purging of subconscious/archetypes/emotion, and establishing the other 2 DT's.

I feel like we are going around in circles here, getting nowhere. I can't change how you relate to this things. And I am not trying either. You can't even change your own mind, even if you wanted to. That goes for all of "us". If your mind changes, it's just whats happening, regardless of any "you".

feels like that statement is one big circle. What's the point of it except for it to feed or eat itself? I know neo-adviata and see the I as just a thought. There is detachment from it. There is access to a nondual state, but there is also bliss, light, love & compassion for others, there is more to it then just some nondual state. But its all good. He said its just a pop trend going on right now that will fall away eventually and can only take one so far.

No amount of study, No attendance in any school Can teach one to be oneself. Being is everything, Being any thing in particular is An illusion. (from the Lost writings of Wu Shin)

IS this a concept or do you experience this directly and can pinpoint the exact area for the source of your own being? Big difference!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've read some of what you said in Light of Consciousness magazine - Swami Amar Jyoti
I like reading that magazine ... it has lots of interesting and thought provoking articles.

That being said - I have two issues with Buddhism I can't get past ...
1 - It seems like a lot of mental work to reach enlightenment or bliss or whatever.
2 - After all that work comes annihilation of the soul.

Annihilation. So why bother?

(or am I missing something?)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Why would a Buddhist on the Indian side of the Himalayas be using Taoist terminology?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is no such thing as "fully enlightened", humans can only seek it they cannot fully obtain it *(Yin Yang).

When one starts asking "Am I the Buddha?" then I'll say they are getting warmer.
Break through Shangri-La (Mountain Pass of the Inner Self).

Use both Logical and Creative aspects of the mind.
Focusing entirely on creative energy can leave us in complete fantasy.
Balance the Qi.

If you already knew that then ignore this.
Just be careful to discern most of the information in this topic is figurative rather than literal.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I've read some of what you said in Light of Consciousness magazine - Swami Amar Jyoti
I like reading that magazine ... it has lots of interesting and thought provoking articles.

That being said - I have two issues with Buddhism I can't get past ...
1 - It seems like a lot of mental work to reach enlightenment or bliss or whatever.
2 - After all that work comes annihilation of the soul.

Annihilation. So why bother?

(or am I missing something?)

Not missing something. Just totally misunderstanding the nature of spiritual enlightenment. Firstly, growing towards spiritual perfection involves not just "mental work" but effort on EVERY level of one's being, including the mind. Secondly, the whole point of evolution is to unite consciousness with God - to transcend the limitations of the dualistic awareness of the ego-centred soul. The word "annihilation" is negative in its connotations and would be better replaced in the context here by the word "transcend". Soul life extends beyond the physical universe to the post-mortem state/heavenly realms of existence. But to enter Nirvana is to move beyond the cycle of birth, death and after-life. It is to move in consciousness beyond the soul level into pure Spirit (notice the capital "s"). It is to enter the Divine Life, not as a separate soul but as a spark of the Divine Flame. A Buddha no longer has a soul that is bound by the laws of karma and reincarnation. He or she is a PERMANENTLY God-realized person.

The OP has made an error in interpreting the person he met as a Buddha. A perfected human being who has entered Nirvana is not necessarily a Buddha but, according to the Advaita school of Hindu philosophy, a jivanmukti. This is one who has become liberated from the cycle of death and rebirth whist still living in a physical body. Buddhas are a special class of such spiritual beings. Buddhists tend to identify as Buddhas those who have (or appear to have) advanced to the end of the Buddhist path. They are not. Buddhas like Gautama the Buddha are avatars - that is, special, deliberate descents of God into the physical universe. Most Buddhists would not agree with this, but my point stands: one who has attained Nirvana is not automatically a Buddha.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Sounds like a great experience you had.
Were there any extra caves I can occupy for a bit or are they reserved?
Something in my head keeps telling me I need to get away from everything and everyone for a while.
edit on 22-2-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
For those interested:

Dantian

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think I might be in the infantile stage of this.

Healthier eating, exercise, positive thinking, contemplation, yoga, and ATS are my tools

I've noticed some things. Little bits of synchronicity here and there.

Yesterday while working in a new 25 million dollar building (the denaina wellness center) (I work for a small business and we are installing all of their audio and video)

I entered a room and the thermostat read 66.6

It kinda creeped me out, I left the room, then decided to turn around and see if I could change it with my energy.

Anyway i need to get to my point which pertains to the thread........but whether I did it or not I was focusing on raising the temperature and it did move up to 66.8, and stayed there....(I know how dumb that sounds and obviously the temperature was gradually climbing without my help) but it felt weird, and it is kind of a spiritual building, located in a definite spiritual part of town..

I have rambled....sorry.

Here's my question...

Last night I went to sleep with a melatonin while listening to a video I found after searching "lucid dream induction"

After a bit I started to feel my brain twitching around, specifically in the pineal gland area, kinda tripped me out,

Afterwards I fell into a very comfortable sleep, but no lucidity or astral projection, dang it!

It's all seeming more and more realistic to me.

So did I manifest those third eye twitches, or possibly there's some progress being made here?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I understand what the realized-enlighten being was saying.

It is duality and non-duality. There is duality which is the physical world and the world of thought which changes between 'this' and 'that'. Then there is The Observer which notices it all in non-duality, but then there is that emptiness before any thought of 'this' and 'that' (duality) even appears.

so to summarize:

Upper Dan Tian - The Observer which notices all thoughts and things appearing.

Middle Dan Tian - Thought, Emotion, and Physicality, all Life that is happening which The Observer observes.

Lower Dan Tian - Emptiness/Silence, what is there before any thought arises, and before The Observer can 'notice' anything.

So maybe when the self-realized (enlightened) being said to add "Lower Dan Tian" to the noting technique, he met, it is good to 'note' everything to help stay in The Observer awareness, but between noting, the silence/emptiness in between should be focused upon as well.

You can correct me if I am wrong, but I think I get what you were saying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join