It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Genome and the future of mankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't really know how to start to get my point across here. I guess I'll start with the human genome and go from there. Inside the Genome our are 24 distinct chromosomes which make up our DNA. Now these chromosomes also contain our genes (what we inherit from our ancestors) some genes are active and some are not. The activated genes that each individual carries produce proteins that make up our chemical structure.

I was watching Discovery Wings about two-three weeks ago and they had a program on future space flight. Well to my surprise they got into some serious specifics regarding the future of human evolution. things like "in order for humans to live on other planets, we will need to activate different genes that lay dormant within us. We have genes that would give humans the ability to breathe methane gas like oxygen, scientists conclude that with these activations our physical bodies would appear reptillian on some worlds." they also went into the future of astronauts, stating "Our astronauts will be bred to have four arms and hands instead of legs" If you guys want I will be more than happy to upload an *.mpg file to prove that THIS IS NO JOKE!

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE PROGRAM?

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I heard about the Human Genome project but not the four arm astronauts.

I'll tell you this much, when the Human Genome project gets done with, Humanity will clone better humans making us obsolete. Their will be battles between humans and super humans. How do I know this????

Simple, Its human nature!!!

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

I'll tell you this much, when the Human Genome project gets done with, Humanity will clone better humans making us obsolete. Their will be battles between humans and super humans. How do I know this????

Simple, Its human nature!!!

The bulk of the HGP *is* done ...
www.ornl.gov...
genome.ucsc.edu... (check out the 4/14 news)

Take into consideration that a buddy of mine, who's been working on the HGP since 94, told me they'd all but completed it in 96/97. With the "official" completion date being some 6 years after that, I'd wonder about some 4-armed astronauts too.

Personally, I'm more curious about exploiting the knowledge of the active and non-active genes for use in bio-weapons and the like.

-B.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
for some time I recall. If I'mnot mistaken I remember not even last month they stated the project was complete. It happened this yr I know for a fact, but propaganda pertaining the subject is varied. heres the most offical news I trust, I believe its the most accurate site.

www.biomedcentral.com...

Heres the homepage link also.

www.biomedcentral.com...

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I wonder what the X-men name for a mutant four armed spaceman would be.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I do find this research to be rather disturbing.

Ever seen the movie Gattaca?

www.gattaca.com...

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Neat site Dragon, I tried out the Titan lander game, I managed to get my primary team on the rock but had some trouble with the secondary team. What I found interesting is on my last try to get my econdary team on titan it went around the left side of saturn off the screen but just enough not to fail and then came back on screen near the top of saturn and barley missing the mmon, what suprised me it I almost landed back on earth! LOL

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

www.gattaca.com...

Gattaca is a movie? I looked around for a storyline but couldn't find one. What is it about, creating kids or something?

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Gattaca was a movie set in the near future where your genetics determined your role in society. People with flawless genetics were rich and powerful, those with any kind of genetic defect were the new 2nd class.

All identification was by blood sampling and matching your genetic profile.

No children were born naturally, all were genetically selected and engineered.

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think until we know about Quantaum Physics and Singularity will we be able to discover how to use the Human Genome Project to our advantage.

Ace

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 29MV29

Originally posted by dragonrider

www.gattaca.com...

Gattaca is a movie? I looked around for a storyline but couldn't find one. What is it about, creating kids or something?

us.imdb.com...

never saw the movie tho

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The Genome project is just the beginning of manipulation of human kind. Have you ever heard of the Cognome Project? As the name says it is the study of the brain. The fruits of this project were displayed immediately after the attacks of 9/11 when researchers used remote-control rats (yes, real rats with electrodes in their brains) with cameras mounted on their backs to search the wreckage of the towers for survivors.

Rats today, Rottweilers tomorrow or even humans. Who knows were this technology will ultimately take us.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Who knew that when president Clinton anounced that he'd discovered the Genome, it would lead to such bleak prospects? Oh well, I guess its another instance of something a great man discovered being hi-jacked for evil..just like the bad things that happen on the net which I'm certain Algore didn't intend either.

top topics

join