It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Quokka - The Happiest Animal on Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey guys, I came home from my girlfriend's today to find someone had left open a browser on my computer with a website showcasing the most adorable-looking creature I've seen in a long time. I was about to just close the window and go about my day when I realized that this animal is so strange and cool that it must be shared to ATS. Lord knows, we could all use a lift of spirits now and then!

Check this thing out. It's called a Quokka, it's native to a small area in southwestern Australia, and it's cute as f#.

The Quokka poses no threat to humans, and clearly, can be very friendly. Unfortunately, their friendliness may have contributed to their drastic reduction in population after dingos and foxes entered Australia. Now listed as “vulnerable”, the Quokka populations are recovering in some areas, thanks to conservation efforts. Hopefully that means more photos and videos of the adorable little guys will surface on the Internet!

Read more at www.reshareworthy.com...

This planet and its creatures never cease to amaze me. Take it easy ATS.

Namaste,

Matthew.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
He does look happy! I love animals. I always think about the old Bugs Bunny cartoon where he loved him and squeezed him and called him George.

S&F I learned something new today and that second picture is just too adorable for words.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

It certainly looks adorable alright. Never heard of it before, so thanks for sharing.

The second photo is exactly what I picture Mrs. Beezzer to be.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Where can I get one as a pet!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I love them, and don't forget those feral and domesticated cats killing our beautiful wildlife. Eradicate cats !

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

No eradicate irresponsible cat owners

My cat isn't out at night making babies and catching wildlife because he is locked inside and is fixed.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

I love them, and don't forget those feral and domesticated cats killing our beautiful wildlife. Eradicate cats !

Blame people, not cats.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The minority of cat owners are responsible the majority arnt, and cats roaming unsupervised are predatory killers of wildlife.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I come the place where the quokkas live and i can tell you they wont survive on the mainland because of introduced predators who consume everything small on the ground.

They are only surviving on a small holiday island about 10-20 ks off Perth, the capital city of Western Australia, because they are protected and predators are not permitted on the island. However, it depends on what you consider a predator. This island has always been a middle class holiday destination but I'm sure you can guess what the recently elected pro weathly government gave planning permission for. Also, I'm sure I don't need to tell you that they never told us electors that that is what they were going to do, before the election.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

Very sad.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
lol, it looks like a guy i used to work with...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

This pic needed to be in the OP!

These are cute lil bastards and I hope the conservation efforts continue because I don't wanna see them go! Maybe their cuteness will be the thing that saves them, cause look at these lil buggers!

Thanks for sharing!

edit on 22-2-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

How does one supervise a cat?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

This makes me sad and ANGRY! By the looks of it these lil fur balls would make great pets but it seems they may wanna look into other areas that are safe for them, which I imagine is far and few, maybe look into some more islands. The people allowing for their habit destruction need to be challenged.

I wish nothing but the best for these little guys.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

OMG! I missed the video somehow! I noticed a tail and wondered if it was a marsupial.... IT IS!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Surely they can be had as pets? Why are australians not making a killing breeding these things and selling them to the rest of the world? I WANT ONE DAMNIT!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

Surely they can be had as pets? Why are australians not making a killing breeding these things and selling them to the rest of the world? I WANT ONE DAMNIT!!!

I DO TOO! hello? If they aren't dangerous to humans, are docile, then maybe their survival might depend on being allowed to be placed as pets!! How can I get one? Or a breeding pair?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

That is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! Its little face!

*dies*

Oh my God! *vomits forth every cooing noise ever produced by a human mouth*

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I can assure you my beloved Clarissa has never eradicated a Quokka ever.

Doesn't the sleeping little Quo look slightlyt like a Koala - whatever, its very very cute. Hope its numbers increase and we can have some in the UK.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
eeeek it's adorable!
looks like a happy koala bear

top topics

<<   2 >>

join