It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A definitive end to alien/ufo conspiracy theories is near...here's why.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

This whole "second part" for lack of a better term
Oh. Well the entire article is quite a bit longer than that but again, they are the words of a "believer." This guy:
www.amazon.com...

The fact that a real "UFO" sighting cannot be explained away or debunked (currently)
If that were the case it wouldn't be a "UFO."
Yes. I know. That's why it's "unidentified."

This is why I am telling you that those who are not witnesses (you) would not (can not) understand the dynamics and essence of a sighting because you are... well... not a witness.
That's quite an assumption on your part, to assume I have never seen something I could not identify.

edit on 2/23/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know the article is from a "believer."
My assumption is based on your stance, which IMO doesn't reflect that of one coming from a witness to a legitimate "UFO."
Your general demeanor on the subject IMO suggests you haven't seen one.
Apologies if my assumption is wrong.
edit on 2/23/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Your general demeanor on the subject IMO suggests you haven't seen one.

Because I look for "mundane" explanations and don't just say "Yup. ET for sure!"

Apologies if my assumption is wrong.

Accepted.
But maybe your assumption is based on my unwillingness to make the leap from unidentified to extraterrestrial.

edit on 2/23/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because I look for "mundane" explanations and don't just say "Yup. ET for sure!"

No. I don't think they are ET for sure either.

But maybe your assumption is based on my unwillingness to make the leap from unidentified to extraterrestrial.

No. I haven't even made that leap. I have no reason to. I have no idea what they are.
ETA Where and when did I ever definitively link "UFO" to mean ET? Never. Never once.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Modern UFOlogy has had a good 70 years of modern interest in the phenomenon to make the leap from unreliable, and also mostly worthless witness testimony to reliable, testable, good evidence.

70 years, and still, folks are still saying "You have to witness it for yourself".

Really?
Isn't that what cameras are for?
... and, despite the convenience, or inconvenience (depending perspective) of the rather nifty invention of cameras, and despite 70 years, as well as advances in many other technologies, best-foot-forward evidence presented, quite often gets identified as something known and mundane.
Like, oh, for example, this Top Ten UFO case involving multiple several witnesses reporting a huge alien mothership.

Over defensive crusaders of the faith like to throw ridiculous terms like "Mass Hallucination" around to undermine discussion of the very real psychology that occurs, but, fact of the matter is, it's not about hallucinations, or what they actually saw, but, what group conformity, and other fun factors of psychology and tricks of memory and social compliance bring about when people are put together to report something fun and amazing, that gets more fun and amazing the more it gets told.

70 years of modern interest in this phenomenon and what is there to actually show for it other than speculation, and thriving money-making mythology, as well as even religions that has and have grown up around it?

70 years, and what's there to show?
Anything that can actually stand up against inquiry?

edit on 2/23/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

ETA Where and when did I ever definitively link "UFO" to mean ET? Never. Never once.

Nope. You didn't.
There just seemed to be a disconnect when you were thinking that I had never seen a UFO based on my posting history.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

AlienView

Did you read the source link? Maybe not - It was talking about celebreties, not tv shows.

And from the same article:

ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Alexander the Great

Sometime in 322 BC, Alexander the Great's massive army came to a strategic river crossing in eastern Persia. Just as they were about to ford the river, two objects described as silvery shields with fire spitting from their rims appeared in the sky. The UFOs frightened the Macedonian army so badly, many of the soldiers refused to cross the river, temporarily stalling Alexander's attempt to conquer the world.

This claim about Alexander has been bandied about on the internet and in fringe literature for years.

However, it has never been sourced, and that is because there exists no document from Alexander's time (or after, until recently) that states this claim. IOW, no such ancient claim was ever made, as far as anyone can tell. It's a modern falsehood.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think it is hard to assume things like this when we're talking about alien technology that we know nothing about.

Think about it, if the ETs were somehow able to travel so far from their home, they must have incredible technology. We puny humans are already working on invisibility tech. If the aliens didn't want to be seen up there in space, I'd say its a safe bet they could develop some way to hide themselves.

Good thread, interesting topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You have to look at this two ways.

A. A case by case examination, investigation. Sometimes this is scientific and sometimes it's just investigative and based on the best evidence or data that you have. Looking this way, you cannot do broad brush strokes, "All lights in the sky are flares" but you can say.. okay in this instance, with the best data I have, I think it was flares. Likewise, you can't say every abduction case is sleep paralysis. Each case needs to be looked at individually.

B. You also do a "big picture" analysis, but this is different than broad brush strokes. You don't make up stuff, like all lights in the sky are planes and or Venus and flares. What you do is look at the data. If there were 5oo reports of lights in the sky above Texas in a certain timeframe, then you have something to look at there.

But what you cannot do is say conclusively that there is no ET visitation, and that there is no conspiracy. It has to be a case by case research and meta data analysis based on real evidence, eyewitness accounts etc.

Why would we mention Unicorns in this thread? That's a bit devious and underhanded. A form of misinformation. You know, throwing in an obvious myth and trying to draw the connection to something to invalidate it. Not very bright. Only a moron would do that. Yes? Imagine doing that in your everyday life. Let's deny ignorance shall we?
edit on 23-2-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The original post was:

A definitive end to alien/ufo conspiracy theories is near...here's why.

Here is what I say:

All the conspirators in the world, working on all the conspiracies in the world, will not change human conspiracy theories.
- Conspiracy theories are a fact of the human psyche. That is why we sometimes have to trust the AlienView!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

There is absolutely no need to take an "alien view" stance on Unidentified Flying Objects.
However, anyone is free to believe in whatever they want to believe in.
I just feel bad for the people that have literally spent their entire lives and all of their money researching the subject, go to commercialized money grab conventions, and isolate themselves from "non-believers."
Each and every one of them will die without ever finding anything circumstantial, much like those that throw themselves into Scientology or Raelianism, hoping they will find a purpose for their existence .

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

enthuziazm
reply to post by AlienView

There is absolutely no need to take an "alien view" stance on Unidentified Flying Objects.
However, anyone is free to believe in whatever they want to believe in.
I just feel bad for the people that have literally spent their entire lives and all of their money researching the subject, go to commercialized money grab conventions, and isolate themselves from "non-believers."
Each and every one of them will die without ever finding anything circumstantial, much like those that throw themselves into Scientology or Raelianism, hoping they will find a purpose for their existence .

Just one small problem with your assertion…I did come face to face with a gray and I do not need to believe that they are real because I KNOW they are real!
Retired as a supervisor from DHS and spent many years as a search and rescue pilot and highly trained military observer. Believe what you want…I know!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

waltwillis
Just one small problem with your assertion…I did come face to face with a gray and I do not need to believe that they are real because I KNOW they are real!
Retired as a supervisor from DHS and spent many years as a search and rescue pilot and highly trained military observer. Believe what you want…I know!

Sorry Walt, that was me in a rubber alien suit.

Harte

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What is with the anti-intelligent-ET-visiting-Earth bias here at ATS? You have no idea if Aliens are visiting our planet or not.

You have witnesses, radar, radiation, engine/electronic malfunctions, and abduction claims.

Within UFO sightings you have flight paths no conventional or known earth craft can make. You have craft disappearing and reappearing in and out of spacetime. These craft make no sound. You have craft reported to be a mile long.

We have discovered almost 2000 exoplanets. The amount of galaxies in the Universe is growing by the billions with each new discovery.

We have satellites and rovers all over the solar system.

How can you still argue that intelligent ET visiting Earth unlikely?

We have theoretical blueprints of UFOs and we have multiple theories on how humans will be able to survive in space and make deep space travel.

We have countries releasing UFO files once classified from the government to the general public. It is a fact the US government took the UFO phenomenon over seriously for decades.

I could write all day honestly...
edit on 18-3-2014 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Seems the OP is saying that it would be impossible to orchestrate a worldwide government coverup of UFO phenomena. Others are jumping in saying UFOs are real cause I seen em. I'm confused because the 2 are not mutually exclusive statements.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Since there is a lot of bickering going on here, I think it's time to add my own views to the mix

First off, you say it would be neigh impossible for all space fairing country's to keep this under wraps.

Fact is, alot of them are just plain releasing the files. Brazil, mexico, Chile, and France are all examples.

Secondly, don't you think if the US wanted to keep something under wraps, that any nation with knowledge of the matter would be "advised" not to spill the beans?

This all brings me to my last point. There is something out there, if the answer is aliens or not, we don't know. Either way, the US gov knows more than what they are letting out, and THAT, my friend, is the problem.
edit on 18-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
1. Agree with OP that more civilians up in space will be a deciding factor for disclosure.

2. There are countless Astronaught/cosmonaught/generals/politicians etc. that have seen Extra Terrestrial UFOS.

Gordon Cooper:
youtu.be...
Buzz Alrin:
youtu.be...
Deke Slayton:
youtu.be...
Combo:
youtu.be...

Just recent: au.ibtimes.com...

It takes 10 minutes to find so many damn videos/recordings/interviews is astounding.

Science has become similarly dogmatic. This is a taboo subject because it will affect your career. However i have seen a lot of big names in science come forward about there interest in this.
michio kaku physicist and bill nye to name a few.

If anyone here thinks there isn't any evidence you are apathetic and lazy. Yes there are hoaxes. But search presidents ufos, etc. in google youtube and get owned.
There is no smoking gun, but there is enough evidence to tantilize even the ignorant skeptic.

edit on 18-3-2014 by ourmartyr1 because: Smartphone

edit on 18-3-2014 by ourmartyr1 because: Elaborate

edit on 18-3-2014 by ourmartyr1 because: More

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I submit that "the secret" has NOT been kept. Plenty of ex-military and those who were in a position to be in-the-know HAVE come forward. Some of these witnesses are highly suspect (Lazar/Corso) while plenty of others appear to be quite credible. As stated above, even governments have come forward with their findings (The French COMETA report comes to mind).

What hasn't happened is corroboration from the major military powers of the last 50 years. Chiefly, the US and Russia. Though we do have substantial circumstantial evidence to support the serious nature with which these governments treat the subject.

Perhaps the governments of the world do not know much more than we do. Maybe there isn't much more to cover up than acknowledgement of this presence. It makes sense that they would try to squash the subject when the revelation of an alien/unknown presence would show they have no control over these things and we are basically at their mercy.

There is no rock solid evidence to prove the extraterrestrial hypothesis, at least in the pubic domain. However, there is plenty of circumstantial and anecdotal evidence (from credible witnesses) to lead one to that conclusion. Far too much to completely discount the ETH.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
[–]RoswellSpaceman 191 points 11 days ago
Dr. Kaku, What is your opinion of the COMETA Report, which concludes that there have been verifiable reports of UFOs making maneuvers and movements that are unexplainable by our scientific standards? The COMETA Report also offers the hypothesis that those UFOs most likely have an extraterrestrial origin.
Is this study flawed, or does it have real merit? And what is your personal opinion about UFOs?

[–]DrMichioKaku[S] 370 points 11 days ago
I get lots of UFO reports in my email. 95% of them can be easily dismissed as meteors, swamp gas, radar echoes, the planet Venus. However, the remaining handful of UFO sightings take your breath away. The hardest to explain are the ones recorded by multiple witnesses using multiple modes, e.g. UFOs seen near airplanes, tracked by radar and by eyewitnesses.
Source: reddit ama: it's buried at the bottom of comments www.reddit.com...

Bill Nye even is taking it serious, and he's a skeptic: video at bottom: www.mediaite.com...

Heard Bill Nye say that last night on TV and got excited

Neil Tyson host of Cosmos, just laughs off the subject of UFO's... Because He's ignorant on the subject.

edit on 18-3-2014 by ourmartyr1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join