It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting approach to Bible Study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
All those connections are important.
My only concern would be that if you make the task too hard and time-consuming you may end up being discouraged and leaving the exercise incomplete.

As I understand it, you are looking at the primary cross-references, and then looking up the cross-references that you find there (the secondary ones, let's call them).
Let me offer this thought- that if you go all the way through the Bible just with the first stage, the primary references, then all the secondary references will be automatically covered anyway, once you get to the end.
As a way of getting to know the connections, it would be less intense, but perhaps just as effective in the long term.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Quite a good point and something that I realized once I got down real far here on the Deut 4:19 "reference tree."

Everything on the page from the halfway mark down is part of this "tree" and it isn't even finished out yet. I don't even know for sure that it WILL finish out at this point, it could just reference forever at this point.

I now have 15 separate verses to look to, and seek out THOSE references, etc...

You're quite right, and it seems a daunting task indeed, and perhaps not the BEST way to approach Bible study, but definitely interesting.

I've got 146 or so related verses read here thus far.
edit on 22-2-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

You could keep going with that method as long as you were getting something out of it, and "give yourself leave" to drop into the less intense version when you get past that point.
It is certainly true that "everything connects".

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

. . . it isn't even finished out yet. I don't even know for sure that it WILL finish out . . .
You shouldn't worry about that, and do whatever is interesting to you, whenever you have the time.
I regret all the word studies that I have done in the past but never recorded.
Whatever you do yourself is more valuable than something someone else did, so it is good to make notes in your record as to what you think about what you are looking at.
The important thing, like I mentioned earlier, is to have it in a searchable, hyperlink-able format, and on a web page, if you want to share it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join