It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible vs. the law of man.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

JamesCookieIII

AfterInfinity
reply to post by JamesCookieIII

I don't have faith in science. The closest I come is having faith in mankind to respect science and its processes.

if you value that respect, will you not join us in respecting other parts of life and their respective processes also? : ) all I personally want is to stop this war before it ever happens, the one brooding between science and religion. let's find the middle ground and that way we can all respect each other, find peace, and start a positive feedback reaction which spreads love and peace!

let's boldly go where no generation before us has gone.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Again please address the topic and not the poster or their habits.

If you have a question or concern use the preferred channels which is the complaints/alerts feature.

As well, please do not address 'moderator PSA's 'in thread' .

thanks

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

spitting your dummy out and resorting to ad hom attacks just because your claim has been shown false by your own post is very funny - thanks for playing

I asked you a very simple question - and by answering" the one that's effective " you regected your aledged " biblical science "

because - spraying lepers wit birds blood has NEVER been demonstrated to have any clinical merit

so your " biblical science " is demonstrably false - do you really want to go down the list I have of other biblical claims that are erroneous ?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

sk0rpi0n
Thats a great idea only in theory, but most people being selfish, are incapable of keeping that one law. Hence the alternative would be the entire set of the law, which are anyway designed to bring about social harmony and spiritual growth for the individual. So you have options...you can choose from the one law of love AND the entire set. Theres no need to dismiss one option entirely and insist everybody pick the option you picked.

The only option is to follow The One Law that Fulfills The Entire Law (God) or not (Satan).

1 John 4:16
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 John 1:5
God is Light and there is no darkness within him.

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

It's best to choose God's Law because Evil will destroy itself:

Matthew 26:52
"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you had the option of giving your seat at God's table to a sinner who didn't earn it, thereby taking that sinner's place in Hell as trade, would you do it? Or would you keep that seat for yourself?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by arpgme

If you had the option of giving your seat at God's table to a sinner who didn't earn it, thereby taking that sinner's place in Hell as trade, would you do it? Or would you keep that seat for yourself?

personally I would. But heaven wouldn't be heaven if someone was stuck in hell, so I will never find myself in that situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by oktopus

Both are the laws of men.

First response in this thread totally nailed it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Neither does raising your arm split an ocean, but God told Moses to do so for then the red sea would split. I only advise, when God tells you to, go Nike: Just do it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Please, stay amused. Aren't we all here for entertainment..

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Good for you. If you feel happy reading the same anti-christian propaganda over and over again I still would be happier if it were in another forum.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Mmmmmm... christian love. Think I'll make this my new home base then.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hi guys,

The old testament is valid and so is the new... - they come from exactly the same God.

If you can believe in the judicial system's workings and it's condemnation of practices and it's upholding of various other practices, the bible should be regarded as no different in that it is a book that establishes law and that law is defensible.

The new testament tells us to have tolerance towards those that hate, so on and so forth, so we are not asked to shed any blood any more. But, a people, at one point in time, used to behave the way their deity prescribed - and it is that deity's workings that we bear witness to - as a deity that is over and above all laws of the world.

This deity is argued as inexistent to those who would follow it, so that those who would usurp control of the world should do so without impediment and establish practices that are quoted as being "fair".

This deity's rules are established by reason - it justifies those that follow it's reasoning.

But, even today's legal system has a deity - it is called money - the ultimate owners of which are human and unfair arrangements are made. Such arrangements cannot hold up to scrutiny for long - as it does not serve the people for whom it has been established - proof of the pudding is in the tasting and soon everyone on the planet will know the final outcome - IMHO.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sensibleSenseless

Money is a toughy because we need it to survive. I suppose if one harms others to get it (stealing, coercing, stepping on), it then becomes something one worships over their brother. Other than that - I'm not sure how to reconcile the money thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Hi Dianec,

Money is entirely issued as a loan on which interest has to be paid - you can read about these things online - and even here on ATS.

(of course I've generalized a bit... but you will get the gist).

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Galatians 5;18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
reply to post by arpgme

It is not my decision, it's The Holy Spirit decision.

If The Holy Spirit allowed corruption into Heaven then it would turn into Hell or just be another Earth.

In Heaven, Compassion actually matters. This is why The Holy Spirit has come into the world so that it can inspire Compassion, Peace, Joy, and Kindness within us. If we don't, then we will destroy ourselves. We are told that God is Light and there is no darkness within him. The Light is Life but the darkness has deceived people into selfishness which leads to hurting others and self-destruction.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Would you do it AfterInfinity?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join