It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible vs. the law of man.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The one restricts while the other sets free.

For you to decide which one does what.

The science of the bible is above the law of man. The law of man does not Always contradict the science of the bible, yet lacks the enlightenment the science of the bible offers.

The law of man did not completely originate from the heart.

The science of the bible is complete selfless.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Both are the laws of men.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The science of the bible is above the law of man.
reply to post by oktopus

The bible is not science. It is based on faith and belief...despite the lack of scientific evidence to prove God's existence. It also should be mentioned that the bible was written by man....not God. If we followed the "law" in the bible it would allow zealots to kill unbelievers....slaughter the whole lot of them. The Old Testament literally drips with the blood of cities destroyed by God's order because they did not worship him.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

What's your point?

Serious.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

The truth is whatever you believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
One is holding back humanity and allowing TPTB to control the sheeple.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
@deadcalm
You need to check your doctrinal knowledge my friend.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

My point is that the bible is a collection of fairy tales WRITTEN BY MEN, for the purpose of control and manipulation. To suggest that we should follow the "laws" of the bible is absurd. Have you actually read any of them?

I have the destinct impression that you are baiting me...trolling if you will. For what purpose?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I have a simple question [ hypotherical ] :

assuming you are diagnosed with leprosy - what treatement would you opt for :

A - " biblical aledged " science " " - involving being drizzled with birds blood ??????

B - 20th century medical interventions invented by humans [ clinically proven ] ?????

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdHalf

If you have something that I stated that was false, I would love to hear it. I can post links all day to instances in the bible where God orders the deaths of thousands....entire villages, cities....none spared...men, women and children. Women stoned for adultery.....plagues visited on those who did not believe.

Please, enlighten me.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

oktopus
The one restricts while the other sets free.

For you to decide which one does what.

The science of the bible is above the law of man. The law of man does not Always contradict the science of the bible, yet lacks the enlightenment the science of the bible offers.

The law of man did not completely originate from the heart.

The science of the bible is complete selfless.

-If this is not trolling- While I greatly appreciate difference and diversity in people, the possible existence of minds that think (I use the term loosely) like this takes another bite out of the pie that is my faith in humanity.

-If this is trolling- Good form.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What is the difference? They are both laws created by man that is why if you follow either on faith alone, you will find confusion and duplicity. Do persevere in seeking out your own truth, for each individual cannot surely agree 100%, since our perspectives highlight and shade our own unique personal observations.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You are referring to "The Old Covenant." Yes, in The Old Testament, God commanded the slaughter of many people. According to the text when Jesus returned he broke the bonds of The Old Covenant.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You are referring to "The Old Covenant." Yes, in The Old Testament, God commanded the slaughter of many people. According to the text when Jesus returned he broke the bonds of The Old Covenant.
reply to post by TheThirdHalf

I don't see how that matters. The Old and New Testaments are collectively known as the bible. Both are taken as divinely inspired by God...and to be taken as his word....his law.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The Bible is written by a collection of different people over a collection of different time periods. Yes, it is a considered God's Word, but we in the present are no longer bound by the rules of the Old Covenant/Testament. That is the purpose that the return of Jesus served.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

deadcalm

The science of the bible is above the law of man.
reply to post by oktopus

The bible is not science. It is based on faith and belief...despite the lack of scientific evidence to prove God's existence. It also should be mentioned that the bible was written by man....not God. If we followed the "law" in the bible it would allow zealots to kill unbelievers....slaughter the whole lot of them. The Old Testament literally drips with the blood of cities destroyed by God's order because they did not worship him.

Proving God will never happen before science recognize/prove the existence of the soul itself which has something to do in my opinion with electric components.

No soul proof, no God proof, period.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

The Koran versus the law of man.

The Torah, the Talmud versus the law of man.

2 outta three there...so...your 1/3 point?

Your 1/3 to the others 2/3's. Your kinda outnumbered there...unless you are only addressing Christians. Are you? Im assuming your not including the rest of the world....just your 1/3. Right?

And even if you are 100% right...it just equals 33 1/3% of all the rest of the world.

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Are you making that up to convince yourself you don't need to deal with the reality of yourself?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

If someone choses to believe a lie, does it make that lie the truth then? I do not understand.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I got bait. I never controlled or influenced you in coming to this thread. If I throw bait, that doesn't mean you have to bite, and I tell you, you made a serious mistake doing so.

The laws of men similar to the laws in the bible, what's your opinion of that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join