It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to host Dalai Lama - "seriously impair China-US relations"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Looks like America decided not to take the warning.

Only a few weeks ago, China warned Obama not to meet the Dalai Lama

Presumably, due to the fact that China does not want American interference in the eastern states.

China has warned the US president that it will harm ties between the two countries if he meets the Dalai Lama.

Chinese Communist Party official Zhu Weiqun said there would be "corresponding action" if the meeting went ahead.

The White House has indicated that Barack Obama intends to meet the head of Tibetans in exile.

"If [the meeting] does happen we will take corresponding action to make relevant countries see their mistakes," he said.

bbc.co.uk

abovetopsecret.com..

Now, It looks as though Obama decided not to heed the warning and a meeting is scheduled for today. (21 February 2014)

US President Barack Obama will meet exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Friday, US officials say.

China has urged the US to cancel the meeting, saying it will "seriously impair China-US relations".

China describes the Dalai Lama as a separatist, while the spiritual leader says he only advocates greater autonomy for Tibet, not independence.

Officials say the US does not support Tibetan independence but is concerned about human rights in China.

"The US leader's meeting with the Dalai is a gross interference in China's internal affairs, a severe violation of codes of international relations and will seriously impair China-US relations," she said in a statement.

bbc.co.uk..
edit on 21-2-2014 by EsotericGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Divide and conquer

We are moving into a new world. A "Globalised" world.. This Ideology is being perpetrated by the UN and the EU. You either join them or you don’t.. Eventually you will have no choice, just as other countries have experienced.

The same techniques can be seen being used around the globe through the power of the UN and the EU.

Libya, Syria, Ukraine and so on..

Personally, I can’t see china standing back the same way Russia has in regards to Ukraine.

Things are getting interesting..

This could be the propeller to the 3rd world war.

China + Russia vs UN + EU

I know China and Russia are both part of the UN but that would be due to trade relations etc.. I truly doubt that they would allow America to do as they please.. Even if it is "justifiable" by the eyes of the UN.

In regards to China and Russia; When will enough be enough?..

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'd like to meet the Dalai Lama. I'll make some good chicken soup and a nice roast with potatoes and carrots if he comes to my house....He is probably a vegetarian. Oh well, I'll never have to worry about him coming over anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EsotericGod

Good! It's about time that this administration reminded China that it is not yet a major naval power. China's insane saber rattling over various maritime boundaries in the region is pushing that part of the world towards war. China needs to be reminded that if push comes to shove, the US has long standing alliances with Japan and the Philippines, and would jump at a chance to make amends with Viet Nam by supporting them in a conflict with China. I'm sure the Dalai Lama would be appalled to think he was being used as a military gambit but then given his history, he would certainly not be surprised.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If I were president I'd meet with the Dalai Lama, but would announce it as a visit with a spiritual leader. Now China will take corresponding action. I don't know, what will they do, meet with Todd Palin, who joined the group dedicated to Alaska becoming its own country. Or give a state dinner for Ann Coulter. Either or.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
These threats have been made with US presidents before (with regard to meeting the Dalai Lama). I guess the difference now is there is more economic stress and new players. Is this meeting just an opportunity to meet this man or a strategy of some kind - using him to further an agenda? It seems it is the later. China's treatment of their people - that has been present for years (just like the crimes in a North Korea have). So why now - with antagonizing this region of the world?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Dianec
These threats have been made with US presidents before (with regard to meeting the Dalai Lama). I guess the difference now is there is more economic stress and new players. Is this meeting just an opportunity to meet this man or a strategy of some kind - using him to further an agenda? It seems it is the later. China's treatment of their people - that has been present for years (just like the crimes in a North Korea have). So why now - with antagonizing this region of the world?

As leader of a nation devoted to freedom of religion, it is not unusual for a president to meet with the heads of religious establishments. No-one has threatened the United States not to allow its Chief Executive to meet with the Pope. What does that tell you about the situation? Who is trying to impose their will on whom here?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
wow Obama does something positive, i'm impressed.

so it will damage relations? GOOD, we should cut all ties to that aggressive regime, especially importations from them, hit them where they will feel it their "pocket book". heck let all the western nations band together and SUPPORT a FREE TIBET, as well as help protect the smaller nations around China from China's bullying and trying to claim territory they have NO RIGHT TO.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I'm not sure where your going with the question (still waking up), but it would be the initiator whose will is being satisfied. But we cannot know the motivation for that will entirely. If the US initiated this meeting - why? China certainly didn't. Did the Dalai Lama? Maybe. It might just be tradition for both parties. Or it might be to aggravate. We can't know for sure. It just seems coincidental that the UN just drafted a letter to North Korea. The timing seems off.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

As leader of a nation devoted to freedom of religion, it is not unusual for a president to meet with the heads of religious establishments. No-one has threatened the United States not to allow its Chief Executive to meet with the Pope. What does that tell you about the situation? Who is trying to impose their will on whom here?

I dont think China would agree.

They believe the Dalai Lama as a separatist

China describes the Dalai Lama as a separatist, while the spiritual leader says he only advocates greater autonomy for Tibet, not independence.

A better example of this would be like Scotland’s independence from the UK.

We know that Scotland wants independence from the UK.

Now that all good until we hear that China's president is to have meetings with the Scottish prime minister.

That’s when the whole game changes.
Especially if it has been known that china has been interfering with political affairs around the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

A better example of this would be like Scotland’s independence from the UK.

We know that Scotland wants independence from the UK.

Actually, Scotland wants to renegotiate the terms of union.

Now that all good until we hear that China's president is to have meetings with the Scottish prime minister.

Actually, it is more like the Chinese Prime Minister meeting with a man who claims to be the heir to the House of Stuart, the true born King of Scots. It is an entirely symbolic office.

That’s when the whole game changes.
Especially if it has been known that china has been interfering with political affairs around the world.

Well, at least we can agree that China has been interfering with political affairs around the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
And this should concern the world why? No really, what is going to happen? What has happened in the past when this has occurred? Absolutely nothing.

In the past His Holiness, the Dali Lama comes and visits a sitting US President, China finds out about said meeting, issues a statement stating it is a bad idea, and it will harm relations between the 2 countries, the meeting takes place, and then things go back to business as usual.

If the Chinese want to make a greater statement, it would be better that the day before or the day of, demand repayment for the debt it holds on the USA, that would make a far greater impact than just a statement.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What is chinas problem? The man stands for peace among all peoples. Shows how deeply rooted there hatred is.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Oppression of Tibet has been neglected by the U.S., as not to interfere with "Business Relations" with China, so this is good. I didnt expect that from Obama.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The Chinese will prohibit anything, even reincarnation.

China Bans Reincarnation Without Government Permission

While the plight and persecution of the Tibetan Monks is a moving issue worthy of attention, as a U.S. citizen, I would think that many are of the hope that Obama may take something to heart and come away wiser for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Did not Hitler consult some Tibetan monks during WW II ? It makes me wonder why would Obama have a meeting with this monk ( I believe he is a vampire actually, but this is for another thread ) especially today on the 21 st of the month, 21 is of great importance in the occult as the sum of 2+1 = 3 , the trinity is also very relevant to them.

All I can say ladies and gentlemen is there is something up to it and it has to do with spiritual stuff the Dalaï-Lama and Obama are well aware of. What, I am not totally sure, but I do know it has something to do with such matters.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't say this very often .... GOOD FOR OBAMA!
It was the right thing to do. He got this one right.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What is there not to like about the Dalai ?

China

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Dianec

Yes, I recall this happening before as well. Nothing came of it. Its not like China doesn't censor the news or anything. I suppose I don't get it. The Dalai Lama is one of the most revered persons in the world for his spirituality. I'm not certain there is anything he could do further to harm (in their minds) the Chinese or to embarrass the country of China. I think there is too much paranoia on behalf of the communist state.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is really a non story. Obama has met with him 2 or 3 times before as have all US Presidents and most of the worlds leaders. Before he visits anyone, China always complains because that is what they do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join