It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be No Global Meltdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Congratulations, but what's your point? And how it relevant to this discussions? My theory here is that there will be no overnight collapse that plunges the world into fiscal calamity. Instead it be a slow burn that whittles away at the middle class, further consolidating wealth and power into the hands of the few while degrading the quality of life for the vast majority. The global financial system is a fixed game, thus the fixers would never allow their system to fail. As I stated, I believe the rigged system is working just fine, for them, and for many of us as well. The big difference is, they're playing the long con, while we're all focused on the short game. Do you agree, or disagree with those points?

I'm a red blooded American by the way.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I was replying in response to this comment of yours:

the rich get richer while the vast majority face rising costs and austerity, with just enough leftover to keep us complacent.

I disagreed... with example. It was relevant to the discussion, because you complained about it in the discussion... the poor can become rich, any day of the week... should they so desire, even yet today.

You may disagree that it takes more capital to directly compete with them, but I say slow and steady wins the race, they just started first.

There is still nothing standing in our way, but our own mental self. I am vehemently against those who cry about their lot in life... my father didn't have any shoes until he was 12... he did very well financially and he didn't have college either.

Most people who are successful, did it through drive.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well put -- that's one little recipe in the cookbook, and they've got plenty more where that came from.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
as for the minimum wage going up and up...its quite clear
minimum wage jobs used to be a stepping stone to something better.
there is nothing better anymore, minimum wage jobs are becoming a career.
and as for Walmart building factories in the US? what do they know that we should know?
is their supply from China about to dry up?
got to keep those shelves stocked.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by DirtyD

I was replying in response to this comment of yours:

the rich get richer while the vast majority face rising costs and austerity, with just enough leftover to keep us complacent.

I disagreed... with example. It was relevant to the discussion, because you complained about it in the discussion... the poor can become rich, any day of the week... should they so desire, even yet today.

You may disagree that it takes more capital to directly compete with them, but I say slow and steady wins the race, they just started first.

There is still nothing standing in our way, but our own mental self. I am vehemently against those who cry about their lot in life... my father didn't have any shoes until he was 12... he did very well financially and he didn't have college either.

Most people who are successful, did it through drive.

I think you're misinterpreting the discussion here. I'm not complaining, this isn't a "whoa is me" thread about how the poor are stuck with their lot in life. Far from it. It's about how the elite with never let slip their power by allowing a mass economic collapse to occur.
Do you think there will be a complete financial meltdown that effects the entire globe, leading to mass war and civil unrest? I don't.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

How long have we heard these threats about China?

Though nearly 40 years old, I think this clip sums up my entire argument in 5 mins.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Next time you speak saying words and I reply to those words I will simply have to remember your comments are "on-topic" and able to be discussed but not any responses to them...

lol.

Don't worry, I am out of your thread. Apparently we are unable to reply to your words.

I am sure this thread is for those who agree with you... have at it with the choir then.
edit on 21-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I think you took my words out of context. By saying the rich get richer while the rest of us face austerity is not to say that those on the bottom can't eventually climb their way to the top. Upward mobility cannot be completely eradicated, it's important to keep the illusion alive, but it is, and will continue to be harder and harder to accomplish -- the jobs that are leaving are not coming back, there are people out there with masters degrees in engineering that are working as greeters at WalMart. Automation will continue to eradicate jobs that haven't already been outsourced. McDonald's workers want a living wage? Eff' em, pretty soon you'll punch your order on an iPad and a machine will spit out a burger and fries for you. Want a shake with that? Great, it's all profit because there are hardly any workers to pay. Income gaps are widening, austerity measures are already taking place (see Greece, Spain), I'm only predicting a continuation of this trend, a slow death by a thousand tiny cuts.

edit on Fri19Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:19:56 -06002814Fri by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri20Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:20:45 -06002814Fri by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Any world- wide- Global -Finance/Banker System will not collapse against the wishes of the groups of Elites..

they in-fact will cause the collapse (based on confidence & acceptance in a particular set of currency as the 'base-line')
as the contending groups or blocs (Western) vie for dominance over the other (Eastern) 'wealth' amassing groups...
...the Elites themselves will cause the financial system failure, the resulting wars, gulags & progroms/genocides of the masses

the 'poor' folks who have followed the golden-rule will have some sort of tangible wealth in the PM coins &^ bars of bullion they possess PLUS the value of their barter/trade/hands-on-talents in the black-markets that will speed up the collapse of the paper-money systems
(aka: global meltdown)

i do not find your line-of-thought compelling enough to vacate the global economic meltdown scenario---
but, yes, it could take a generation (18-20 yrs) instead of a short 5 year collapse that will completely replace the currently operating currency/paper/derivatives/fiat money creation systems in place since the time when Mayer Amschel Bauer legally changed the family last name to Rothschild & began fractional-reserve-banking

MABUS < aka the 3rd antichrist... took the Temple money-changer guild to new heights of social-economic depravity...imho

RE: www.iamthewitness.com...
edit on st28139302767121072014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join