It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God = E = mc2?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
There must be book(s) on the topic or e-articles at least if not also on ats already, but this is just a random topic that came to mind while I tuck myself into bed (with laptop for bedtime story). I've been hearing more and more people say they don't believe in a supreme creator, and more and more people saying they know God doesnt/cant exist. The basic theory of physics is conservation of energy; it can't be neither created nor destroyed.

Thus, everything in this universe - including us - is from energy that has always existed. That energy is supreme source of everything in our universe(s) paniverse from whatever 'beginning' point we trivially reference.

That which always existed - energy - is God.

Gnite

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

gardener
There must be book(s) on the topic or e-articles at least if not also on ats already, but this is just a random topic that came to mind while I tuck myself into bed (with laptop for bedtime story). I've been hearing more and more people say they don't believe in a supreme creator, and more and more people saying they know God doesnt/cant exist. The basic theory of physics is conservation of energy; it can't be neither created nor destroyed.

Thus, everything in this universe - including us - is from energy that has always existed. That energy is supreme source of everything in our universe(s) paniverse from whatever 'beginning' point we trivially reference.

That which always existed - energy - is God.

Gnite

have you been reading muzzleflash'es posts again ?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Nope who's that?

Gnite

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

anyone who claims to 'know' is an idiot imho.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I think this verse does the subject justice.

John 1:3-5
"Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was Life, and that life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it."

Also

Mathew 6:22
"'The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light."

God is too great to be known by a simple equation. God is Light and Energy, but He is also All Things.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

Seems ironic, given your username..

*scnr*

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

All my username means is that "God can relate." Haha.

Whoever you are, whatever you're going through, He's been there because He Is There. That's all it means.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
GOD = Great Obsessionary Delusion

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Watch out, everyone, we got a badass over here.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I dont know about that god stuff but the energy universe big bang thing makes sense to me.

energy exploded into existence, into a universe of some static rules, and formed matter when it clumped up, matter that clumped up and condensed and exploded (old stars) and reacted with other stars and other random matter and form our common elements, over and over for a length of time that we all say but dont really understand just how long ago this is, 14 BILLION years.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
If Live = evil
God = doG

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

You seem awfully sure of yourself...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Beavers

anyone who claims to 'know' is an idiot imho.

Well yea we can know certain things we believe about ourselves or facts proven in science but to claim to know on the basis of logic/reason alone is fundamentally such a put-down to the human consciousness and/or spirit.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

When you think about it, light hits an object, some of the light is absorbed, and some is reflected from it. This scattering is picked up by our eyes, and we perceive the objects form and colour , by doing so perceive our take on reality. But how can we perceive these random scattering of photons, the reality must be that they are scattered randomly off the objects at different angles etc. It should all be a non coherent blur.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

gardener
The basic theory of physics is conservation of energy; it can't be neither created nor destroyed.

Thus, everything in this universe - including us - is from energy that has always existed.

Correct - everything is energy - all there is.
Nothing though is 'from' the energy that has 'always' existed.
There is just energy and it IS.

As stated - energy cannot be created or destroyed - it just IS.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here is a quick explanation of E=MC2

When Einstein came up with "e=mc²" , he was showing that Matter and Energy are the same thing.

E stands for energy
M stands for Mass
c² stands for Constant Speed squared (that is 'm2 / s2' or 'meter squared per second square')

Energy is Mass multiplied by constant speed squared

In other words, the only difference between "matter" and "energy" is that energy has a higher speed and matter is more slow.

Space-Time itself is energy. It is called "vacuum-energy" and it is from here that particles pop into existence. Scientist wanted to test this so they brought out light from this 'nothingness' (vacuum energy) in order to prove the theory correct that space (which is energy itself) solidifies into other forms of energy including light [LINK].

Yea, so to put it simply, everything is energy whether it is light, an atom, a box, a star, or whatever, and at the smallest level, everything is space which is energy that exists everywhere at once.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

he was showing that Matter and Energy are the same thing.
Not really. You seem to be confusing mass with matter. They are not the same thing. Mass is a property of matter, it is not matter. The equation shows that mass and energy are related to each other, not that they are the same. The kinetic energy of a given mass varies with the square of the velocity.
A 1kg object moving at 2 m/s has 4 times the kinetic energy as a 1kg object moving at 1 m/s. They have the same mass but different amounts of energy.

c² stands for Constant Speed squared
No, "c" represents the speed of light. so c² = 8.98755179E16 m2/s2

In other words, the only difference between "matter" and "energy" is that energy has a higher speed and matter is more slow.
No. Matter is matter and energy is energy. They are different in a lot of ways.

curiosity.discovery.com...

edit on 2/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage
Not really. You seem to be confusing mass with matter. They are not the same thing. Mass is a property of matter, it is not matter.

I'm not confusing anything with anything. I'm saying everything is just different forms of energy, but it is all energy (vacuum energy which is the energy of space taking other forms).

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm saying everything is just different forms of energy
I know what you are saying, but Einstein's equation does not say what you are saying it does. Nor does it validate what you are saying.

Matter is not a form of energy. Matter has mass, energy does not. Matter occupies space, energy does not. Matter "has" energy. Matter is not energy. They are different things.

profmattstrassler.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The conservation of energy only applies to isolated systems. While our universe is often touted as an isolated system, physicists are not actually sure that it is. If it turns out that our universe is a closed system (where no matter is exchanged), or an open system (where matter and energy are freely exchanged), then the conservation of energy hypothesis goes out the window, alongside the idea that God is energy and/or light.

On another, related, note: my understanding of the conservation of energy is that "creation" and "destruction" do not mean "existence" and "non-existence" as classically defined. Instead, the idea is that energy must always exist in some form, but that any given form is temporary. The common example I've seen being the energy of a stick of dynamite: when the chemical energy inside the TNT explodes it becomes kinetic energy; the chemical energy is no more, as it has now become kinetic.

To the best of my knowledge that would mean God—whatever you define It as—also cannot remain consistent within the system, but must change alongside all the other energy in the universe. Like the stick of dynamite, or our slowly aging/decaying bodies, God must also transform, becoming other things.

All of that said, I am not a physicist myself, so my understanding of the law of conservation of energy is just as likely to be flawed as that of anyone else who hasn't made a career in studying physics.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

join