It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Astrobiologist claims: evidence of alien life on Mars was destroyed!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Char-Lee

dragonridr

Char-Lee

dragonridr

Char-Lee

wmd_2008
The real problem on here with the ATS NASA hater crowd (the thread starter one of many on here) is that if NASA say or show one thing that vaguely supports evidence of life on Mars or elsewhere or ET evidence elsewhere then NASA is great, but anything said or shown in the other direction and NASA is lying or hiding things make your mind up people!!!!!

Sadly both things can be true. NASA is not one person, any hidden agenda may not belong to every NASA scientist...in fact clearly it can't, and yet when you work for someone you follow orders.

So NASA has an agenda to suppress alien life yet there employees aren't told that makes alot of sense do you often make circular arguments?

There are all levels of workers and who is privy to what information.

See You have a severe lack of understanding on how NASA operates. Do you realize that they arent even in control of the entire rover? See NASA works in collaborations with other scientists throughout the world. For example Chem cam is a spectral analyser on board the rover. its data is not only received by NASA but also the other peope that worked on it. Which would be the national lab in los alamos and Deputy Project Scientist Sylvestre Maurice of the Institut de Recherche en Astrophysique et Planetologie (IRAP) in Toulouse, France. So in order for NASA to hide things they would have to get scientists from all over the world to agree to cover up the data. Pay attention when NASA makes an announcement it is never just NASA it will always be some professor from the university of so and so. NASA is a consultant for scientific investigation they dont set the agenda.

Well there may be things many of us don't understand. I found this interesting.
astroengineer.wordpress.com...

Interesting read but quantum communication isnt there yet so thats not what he found. Sounds to me two programmers just got in over the head and created a fantasy. Id love for quantum communication to be possible in fact i have a colleague working on it but i tease him all the time. When i see him ill comment about the bruise on his head from smashing it into his keyboard. I told him along time ago that if he pursued this get used to qwerty being stamped on his head from all the frustration. Hed be fascinated to sit down with this guy and check the story im sure but like i said as of now i only wish it were true.You wouldnt believe how it would change the computer industry.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

ZeroGhost
NASA was a public agency created by the need to have a government agency to deal with the growing science and projects for public funding, but also as a strategic arm of the military. The shuttle was a military design, and most of the missions were military until the other space programs could operate without public delivery questions. There are other space agencies many have cited, and discoveries like Gary McKinnon finding documents and photos of secret fleets and officers for off world duty, fleet transfers and names of ships that did not correspond to US Fleet names. Lots more on this subject, but really NASA is sort of a stand in for likely the real agencies doing work off world. And as the governments and technology is already controlled by the giant corporations, any information that would put eyes on their actual space projects or reveal energy and science advances they keep hidden for strategic and profit-bearing value is squelched or dealt with.

As for life outside Earth, for anyone with a general understanding of the sciences and astrophysics, astronomy and knowledge of the sciences knows by simple logic and critical thinking that life is all throughout the known universe. The only question is if we have had contact, or if there is evidence here of such we can reference. I can say there is more than enough evidence in many places that has been systematically covered up, and many that have not. More than we can count have had direct contact and would swear on what they know. Countless sightings, crash and recovery accounts by military and officials, metallurgical, chemical and witness testimony including FOIA documents says yes. Life from "other" places whether space born/other dimensions are here too.

Panspermia is a solid and accepted theory also, where lifeforms or fossil born rock and materials are ejected from other planetary bodies through impacts or other critical events. What "living" things are not killed by cosmic rays and ionizing energies travels for eons until pulled in by a gravitational well like the Earths or any other planetary body.

The Red Rain of Kerala India was likely a Panspermia event, and if you read the science that was done it does not diminish that possibility. It was preceded by a loud clap of thunder and a flash. Exactly how such an event would transpire. The non-DNA factor is not out of the question, because we do not have any understanding of other lifeforms yet. But the red cell-like forms acted like life, with mitosis-like reproduction. Read the details and see for yourself how likely this was as such an event of Panspermia.

Life on this planet was likely seeded by such an event and then modified by visiting intelligences. Comets that have passed by and Earth deposited dust as we crossed the tails have preceded pandemics and wide spread diseases that could not have spread by travel, because of the weeks and months it took to cross land and sea to go anywhere. See this site to read about such serious scientific acknowledgement of events like this. Journal of Cosmology

I have seen over the years many articles and news about findings of civilizations here on Earth pre-dating the Dinosaurs. So why not? in the 4.54 billion years Earth has existed it could have had many cycles of civilized intelligent life, and there is evidence to prove this. But all evidence of any structures we could build would be gone in 10,000 years, so you can see how easy such would be hidden in a hundred thousand years out of the billions Earth could sustain life.

So life forms leaving evidence from here or other worlds are possible, and I as many believe not only likely but do exist.

Mars to is over 4.5 billion years old too. We now believe it had seas, rivers oceans and atmosphere for much of it's existence. How likely is it then that in all those years life did exist? Even intelligent life? Taking into consideration Panspermia and the more than likely universal propensity for lifeforms to grow, proliferate and evolve in any types of conditions from glacial ice and rock a mile deep to deep ocean vents at 8,500 feet deep and temperatures of 80 °C (176 °F)

Mark Lever of Aarhus University in Denmark announced in the journal Science that he had discovered microbial life-forms living on the chemical energy trapped in volcanic rocks at the bottom of the sea. And for the first time microbes were found living deep inside the Earth’s oceanic crust. As deep as a mile below the ocean bottom life was found. How hard then is it to believe such could live in large asteroids or comets for billions of years until they find a planet to live? Deepest Life

NASA is powerless to really do anything about discoveries cited here. The NASA scientists are great people and smart, as I have been honored to have worked with some, but they can only go so far on the leash NASA is given, and the other real space agencies do not exist for us, by design.

This reality we know now will not be confirmed by anyone but ourselves. There is no one to prove these realities to. There is just us being as intelligent and critical as we can until it becomes accepted fact and common knowledge. One more generation maybe. If we can sustain our existence that long with all the stupidity we have suffered in ourselves.

ZG

Youve bought into fairy tales from the internet. First NASA is not part of the defense department your thinking of space command. They launch there own spy satellites. If NASA had a satellite to launch it was always communications they never got to see the cool stuff.Those secret files no evidence they exist but even if they do the Navy has non terrestrial officers there called ship captains. As far as life coming from outer space we dont know its possible. Aliens manipulating DNA very unlikely however. As far as NASA researches ive worked with a few in the past and they are not the type to blindly follow orders like you think. They will go where the science leads them because they believe the search for the truth is far to important. And most of them are contractors working out of colleges or other institutions not a good way to keep things secret when a person knows they already have another job.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Ok dragonridr, I have a few questions for you regarding this comment of your's here my friend...

NASA is powerless to really do anything about discoveries cited here. The NASA scientists are great people and smart, as I have been honored to have worked with some, but they can only go so far on the leash NASA is given, and the other real space agencies do not exist for us, by design.

So who have you been "honored" to have worked with at NASA anyway? Can you back up your claims, because I believe that you're talking out of your rear end.

And what are you talking about when you mention "real space agencies" that also in your own words, "do not exist for you, by design"?

WTF bro?

It's nothing personal, I just don't believe you. Not even a little bit.

Prove to me that I am wrong, and that you're not just talking absolute nonsense like it comes across.

It's nothing personal, cause I like a lot of what you have to say here on ATS.

Please, I really want to believe what you're saying is the truth? ~$heopleNation

edit on 22-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

jaffo

Arken
reply to post by lunarcartographer

Hi there lunarcartographer.

Thanks for your kind words.

You give me the opportunity to explain what I really think of NASA.

I respect all the employees and researchers of the space agency. They are surely smart and skilled in their field.

But, the compartimentalization of the space activities and secrecy is a fact.

This matter is an issue of National Security and any image, data or discovery about something "extraterrestrial" must be censored from who really rule NASA: Military.

Sorry, but NASA is not a wing of the military nor does it answer to any branch of the military. If you have proof of your claims, I will gladly admit to my ignorance, but from what I know and the available facts, I am going to say that you are wrong and cannot prove your assertions.

Space Act...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Act abolished the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics, transferring its activities and resources to NASA effective October 1, 1958. The Act also created a Civilian-Military Liaison Committee, for the purpose of coordinating civilian and military space applications, and keeping NASA and the Department of Defense "fully and currently informed" of each other's space activities.

Here you go.

Gladly admit YOUR IGNORANCE, please, jaffo...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Arken

jaffo

Arken
reply to post by lunarcartographer

Hi there lunarcartographer.

Thanks for your kind words.

You give me the opportunity to explain what I really think of NASA.

I respect all the employees and researchers of the space agency. They are surely smart and skilled in their field.

But, the compartimentalization of the space activities and secrecy is a fact.

This matter is an issue of National Security and any image, data or discovery about something "extraterrestrial" must be censored from who really rule NASA: Military.

Sorry, but NASA is not a wing of the military nor does it answer to any branch of the military. If you have proof of your claims, I will gladly admit to my ignorance, but from what I know and the available facts, I am going to say that you are wrong and cannot prove your assertions.

Space Act...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Act abolished the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics, transferring its activities and resources to NASA effective October 1, 1958. The Act also created a Civilian-Military Liaison Committee, for the purpose of coordinating civilian and military space applications, and keeping NASA and the Department of Defense "fully and currently informed" of each other's space activities.

Here you go.

Gladly admit YOUR IGNORANCE, please, jaffo...

Per your souerce ...

To this day, the United States has coordinated but separate military and civilian space programs

NASA is SEPARATE from the military and is 100% civilian. Your source proves him right and you wrong ..

Now how about you answer my question I keep asking you keep refusing to answer. What should NASA have done with the "fossil" in question?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

NASA is SEPARATE from the military and is 100% civilian.

Wrong again.
You miss the word "COORDINATE"....

edit on 22-2-2014 by Arken because: because he is WRONG!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

What should NASA have done with the "fossil" in question?

"Study"? It's a good alternative to "Destroy"...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Arken

How should they have studied it? You do realize that what they did was study it right? What tools do they have they should have utilized and they did not?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Arken

Wrong again.

No, I did not. That means they aren't wasting resources. If NASA needs a reading, and the military has equipment that can get the reading, they will use it rather than waste money putting their own equipment into orbit. YOU missed the word separate.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Arken

How should they have studied it? You do realize that what they did was study it right? What tools do they have they should have utilized and they did not?

So, NASA send a rover on Mars only with HAMMERS and ERASER TOOLS?

One of the instruments available is the Alpha-Particle X-Ray Spectrometer, or APXS. The APXS can determine what elements are in the rock and in what proportion. The instrument is mounted on the robotic arm and must be placed in contact with the rock surface for its analysis.The APXS contains six small radioactive sources that pelt a rock with alpha particles (helium nuclei) and X rays. By looking at the energy of the alphas and X rays that bounce back from the surface, the APXS can determine the elemental composition of the rock. It takes quite a while to do this—up to ten hours—so these observations are made during the martian night, when the rover is not moving. An additional advantage of nocturnal observation is that the temperature is much lower, which helps increase the accuracy of the APXS's observations.

Seems You are into a street dark and with no exit route....

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Arken

Wrong again.

No, I did not. That means they aren't wasting resources. If NASA needs a reading, and the military has equipment that can get the reading, they will use it rather than waste money putting their own equipment into orbit. YOU missed the word separate.

That means

That means that it's only your personal opinion...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Arken

OccamsRazor04

Arken

So, NASA send a rover on Mars only with HAMMERS and ERASER TOOLS?

One of the instruments available is the Alpha-Particle X-Ray Spectrometer, or APXS. The APXS can determine what elements are in the rock and in what proportion. The instrument is mounted on the robotic arm and must be placed in contact with the rock surface for its analysis.The APXS contains six small radioactive sources that pelt a rock with alpha particles (helium nuclei) and X rays. By looking at the energy of the alphas and X rays that bounce back from the surface, the APXS can determine the elemental composition of the rock. It takes quite a while to do this—up to ten hours—so these observations are made during the martian night, when the rover is not moving. An additional advantage of nocturnal observation is that the temperature is much lower, which helps increase the accuracy of the APXS's observations.

Seems You are into a street dark and with no exit route....

Great, now link to me exactly what they did to this rock and prove that this was not done.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Arken

OccamsRazor04

Arken

Wrong again.

That means

That means that it's only your personal opinion...

No, it's an example, not an opinion. YOUR source said NASA is 100% civilian. That is a fact, not an opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

"Coordinating" and "keeping informed" is not the same as being part of. NASA are in charge of American space flight, hence any military space ventures have to be coordinated with them. That doesn't make NASA part of military.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

wildespace
reply to post by Arken

"Coordinating" and "keeping informed" is not the same as being part of. NASA are in charge of American space flight, hence any military space ventures have to be coordinated with them. That doesn't make NASA part of military.

Wrong again.

The motto "deny ignorance" must works even for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Arken

wildespace
reply to post by Arken

Wrong again.

The motto "deny ignorance" must works even for you.

Your source says NASA is civilian. Deny ignorance.

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is the agency of the United States government that is responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for aeronautics and aerospace research.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower established the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) in 1958[5] with a distinctly civilian (rather than military) orientation encouraging peaceful applications in space science.

edit on 22-2-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

SheopleNation
reply to post by dragonridr

Ok dragonridr, I have a few questions for you regarding this comment of your's here my friend...

So who have you been "honored" to have worked with at NASA anyway? Can you back up your claims, because I believe that you're talking out of your rear end.

And what are you talking about when you mention "real space agencies" that also in your own words, "do not exist for you, by design"?

WTF bro?

It's nothing personal, I just don't believe you. Not even a little bit.

Prove to me that I am wrong, and that you're not just talking absolute nonsense like it comes across.

It's nothing personal, cause I like a lot of what you have to say here on ATS.

Please, I really want to believe what you're saying is the truth? ~$heopleNation

edit on 22-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

That quote isnt mine i suggest you re read the thread i was responding to a post. So i guess you dont believe people because you dont bother to read would be my guess.Now i have worked with NASA personnel through a fellowship program thru harvard and later with some research we were doing with into biomedical at vanderbilt in case you were wondering.As well as met several of the administrators and scientists at goddard Since my father worked 25 yrs and now retired. This allowed me to do some graduate work there which helped me thru college. However not really relevant since you cant seem to follow the thread anyway. Want me to just send you mt resume next time?
edit on 2/22/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
WTF is this nonsense with civilian space agencies?
None of the space agencies are civilian led institutions, whatever they tell you. Period.
What would you see most likely when they find something interesting is when stupid phrase 'matter of national security' comes into play.
Every new technological or biological finding is subjected to weaponization. That's how paranoid militaristic minds works.
It has always been military first, others later.
edit on 22-2-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
None of the space agencies are civilian led institutions, whatever they tell you. Period.
What would you see most likely when they find something interesting is when stupid phrase 'matter of national security' comes into play.
Every new technological or biological finding is subjected to weaponization. That's how paranoid militaristic minds works.

You dont want to let NASA know any secrets the entire space agency is filled with contract employees. From the people that move the furniture and deliver mail all the way up to researchers. You cant control secrets very well with hundreds of companies involved. Thats why that chinese spy got away with all that NASA information on the shuttle back to china. Dont remeber the full details just remember he worked for Boeing and was a contractor at NASA. He ended up stealing the specs on the shuttle from another contractor there who did shuttle maintenance. So if its national security No one would tell NASA.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Exactly

(6) The making available to agencies directly concerned with national defense of discoveries that have military value or significance, and the furnishing by such agencies, to the civilian agency established to direct and control nonmilitary aeronautical and space activities, of information as to discoveries which have value or significance to that agency.

Period.

Now on topic.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join