It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Astrobiologist claims: evidence of alien life on Mars was destroyed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

mblahnikluver
reply to post by jaffo

How did I mislead them? I didn't tell them to say what they saw. I just said it was on Earth to prove a point which obviously you missed.

I'd say hey look at this cool pic from Egypt and they would all call it a statue. I'd then say it was on Mars and they'd say oh then it's just a rock. Do you not see the point I was making? Obviously not.

Sorry, but you misled them and you admitted that you did so. You said to them "Look at this cool pic from Egypt." That was a lie. And you told them that lie to try and make them see something you wanted them to see. Again, you misled them. On purpose. You skewed the results of your experiment and completely invalidated the results.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Hey Skippy, I wasn't tying NASA to NK. I was attempting to address your comment of people being allowed to believe whatever they want.
edit on 21-2-2014 by UnBreakable because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Arken
reply to post by lunarcartographer

Hi there lunarcartographer.

Thanks for your kind words.

You give me the opportunity to explain what I really think of NASA.

I respect all the employees and researchers of the space agency. They are surely smart and skilled in their field.

But, the compartimentalization of the space activities and secrecy is a fact.

This matter is an issue of National Security and any image, data or discovery about something "extraterrestrial" must be censored from who really rule NASA: Military.

Sorry, but NASA is not a wing of the military nor does it answer to any branch of the military. If you have proof of your claims, I will gladly admit to my ignorance, but from what I know and the available facts, I am going to say that you are wrong and cannot prove your assertions.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

jaffo

mblahnikluver
reply to post by jaffo

How did I mislead them? I didn't tell them to say what they saw. I just said it was on Earth to prove a point which obviously you missed.

I'd say hey look at this cool pic from Egypt and they would all call it a statue. I'd then say it was on Mars and they'd say oh then it's just a rock. Do you not see the point I was making? Obviously not.

Sorry, but you misled them and you admitted that you did so. You said to them "Look at this cool pic from Egypt." That was a lie. And you told them that lie to try and make them see something you wanted them to see. Again, you misled them. On purpose. You skewed the results of your experiment and completely invalidated the results.

Again you missed the damn point. I don't even know why I bother on these threads anymore.

It proves my point that people will say it is something like a statue if it is on Earth but if it's not on Earth it is automatically labeled a rock or pareidolia.

It's called an experiment for a reason! If you can't see that then MOVE ON!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

UnBreakable
reply to post by jaffo

Hey Skippy, I wasn't tying NASA to NK. I was attempting to address your comment of people being allowed to believe whatever they want.

Please show me how the ruling party in North Korea imposes mind control to keep people from believing what they want to believe. They may not be permitted to express their beliefs, but unless NK has a mind control device I know nothing about, the people there can believe in all kinds of things...including freedom. And there's no need for you to call names, is there?
edit on 21-2-2014 by jaffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

jaffo

mblahnikluver
reply to post by jaffo

Again you missed the damn point. I don't even know why I bother on these threads anymore.

It proves my point that people will say it is something like a statue if it is on Earth but if it's not on Earth it is automatically labeled a rock or pareidolia.

Sure it was an experiment. A biased and poorly constructed experiment in which you purposefully biased the results. If YOU don't understand how good science works, maybe that's why you have so many beliefs founded in no actual facts.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Name calling? ok, quote you " Worst. Strawman. Ever".

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

i believe that 'why' NASA hides potentially world-changing discoveries, is that they are under orders to do so. the world has to change according to a script and a carefully plotted timeline. a secret one. it's only my opinion and i could of course be wrong. but that's what i believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

RoScoLaz

i believe that 'why' NASA hides potentially world-changing discoveries, is that they are under orders to do so. the world has to change according to a script and a carefully plotted timeline. a secret one. it's only my opinion and i could of course be wrong. but that's what i believe.

Exactly. I concur. I believe the same, scripted by the TPTB. See my previous replies. I too could be wrong, and until things come to a head most likely not in my lifetime, can't "prove" otherwise.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

UnBreakable
reply to post by jaffo

Wow. No wonder you cling to delusional beliefs. You honestly don't even know what a "Strawman Argument" is, do you? SMH...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

RoScoLaz

Asking the logical question which presents itself in response to your assertion...why would they even explore at all if they just had to hide all of the results? Seriously, you give "TPTB" waaaaaaaay too much credit, lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

jaffo

UnBreakable
reply to post by jaffo

Wow. No wonder you cling to delusional beliefs. You honestly don't even know what a "Strawman Argument" is, do you? SMH...

Wow. No wonder you cling to delusional beliefs. You honestly don't even know what "Skippy" means do you? SMH...
edit on 21-2-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

jaffo

UnBreakable
reply to post by jaffo

Please show me how the ruling party in North Korea imposes mind control to keep people from believing what they want to believe. They may not be permitted to express their beliefs, but unless NK has a mind control device I know nothing about, the people there can believe in all kinds of things...including freedom. And there's no need for you to call names, is there?
edit on 21-2-2014 by jaffo because: (no reason given)

Ok, not to change the direction of this thread but:

"Korean defectors tell of brutality, mind control"

"To ensure the weekly brainwashing sessions worked, the government operates random patrols and spot checks to monitor thinking. Students stop people in the streets to make sure they are wearing badges of Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il. Police officers and postal workers burst into apartments unannounced to make sure nobody is watching Chinese television instead of North Korea's state television".

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Char-Lee

wmd_2008
The real problem on here with the ATS NASA hater crowd (the thread starter one of many on here) is that if NASA say or show one thing that vaguely supports evidence of life on Mars or elsewhere or ET evidence elsewhere then NASA is great, but anything said or shown in the other direction and NASA is lying or hiding things make your mind up people!!!!!

Sadly both things can be true. NASA is not one person, any hidden agenda may not belong to every NASA scientist...in fact clearly it can't, and yet when you work for someone you follow orders.

So NASA has an agenda to suppress alien life yet there employees aren't told that makes alot of sense do you often make circular arguments?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

jaffo

mblahnikluver
reply to post by jaffo

In science you introduced whats called a bias into your experiment. By saying its from egypt people assume its a statue or you wouldnt be showing them the picture. The minute you tell them its on mars they realize its not a statue and you're playing a game with them. This is a poor way to set up an experiment because you will always get the same results. In other words it proves nothing other that people trusted you.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Since the government is so deeply involved with, and by some species, controlled somewhat by, extraterrestrials - i mean, we are practically one of millions of sentient colonies within this galaxy alone - it makes perfect sense to keep the secret by destroying the bits of evidence that surface from time to time.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

dragonridr

Char-Lee

wmd_2008
The real problem on here with the ATS NASA hater crowd (the thread starter one of many on here) is that if NASA say or show one thing that vaguely supports evidence of life on Mars or elsewhere or ET evidence elsewhere then NASA is great, but anything said or shown in the other direction and NASA is lying or hiding things make your mind up people!!!!!

Sadly both things can be true. NASA is not one person, any hidden agenda may not belong to every NASA scientist...in fact clearly it can't, and yet when you work for someone you follow orders.

So NASA has an agenda to suppress alien life yet there employees aren't told that makes alot of sense do you often make circular arguments?

There are all levels of workers and who is privy to what information.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

jaffo

wildespace
reply to post by UnBreakable

But is there such an entity as TPTB, or are they all individuals with their own (and conflicting) interests and agendas? Generalised statements such as yours make about as much sense as NASA hiding ET - none.

How do you think the discovery of some living extraterrestrial microbes, or fissilised primitive organisms, will affect the general public (most of who don't even care about space and space exploration)?

Lmao...EXACTLY, Evidently it works something like this: News announces NASA finds a fossil on Mars. MASS CHAOS IMMEDIATELY RESULTS!!! Dogs and cats living together!!! Human sacrifices!!! MASS PANIC AND SLAUGHTER!!! TBTB LOSE ALL CONTROL!!!! Because, logic...

Just wait until they tell us they have had ships in space for more than 20 years!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

DrunkYogi
reply to post by Arken

NASA trying to hide the evidence of life in the Solar System and possibly elsewhere. The big question is why? Why are they doing this? I suspect the answer maybe part of a control mechanism.

wildespace
This indeed doesn't make sense, because any evidence of life in the Solar System would make NASA budget skyrocket and give them amazing publicity and support.

But then imagine the size of the black budget it would get, if they SECRETLY let the right people know that they had confirmed life. Most any piece of information gains value be not being publicly known.

Consider this:

Right now the probability is that there is life out there, but that it is so 'spaced out' in the vastness of the Universe, that the probability of any interplanetary communicating is very low. But if life is found elsewhere, if it is confirmed that life indeed has happened more than once, it raises the probability of 'evolved' life unbelievably much!

And to find life only a few tens of millions miles from Earth? That would raise the probability of "nearby" evolved life by an equal amount.

Now, if the likelihood of contact just exploded, surely you would like to be the only one in the know. You would then be the only one with the proper information for assessing whether or not to allocate resources to pursue contact. Everybody else would have a much higher probability of not pursuing contact.

And that would be rather neat, if you believe contact really is achievable, would it not?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Char-Lee

dragonridr

Char-Lee

wmd_2008

There are all levels of workers and who is privy to what information.

See You have a severe lack of understanding on how NASA operates. Do you realize that they arent even in control of the entire rover? See NASA works in collaborations with other scientists throughout the world. For example Chem cam is a spectral analyser on board the rover. its data is not only received by NASA but also the other peope that worked on it. Which would be the national lab in los alamos and Deputy Project Scientist Sylvestre Maurice of the Institut de Recherche en Astrophysique et Planetologie (IRAP) in Toulouse, France. So in order for NASA to hide things they would have to get scientists from all over the world to agree to cover up the data. Pay attention when NASA makes an announcement it is never just NASA it will always be some professor from the university of so and so. NASA is a consultant for scientific investigation they dont set the agenda.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join