It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Expolsion Over North Arkansas Around 11:00 p.m. on 02-20-14

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I live around 50 miles from where I work and while driving home I saw a bright green fire ball. I've seen a few in my life but this one was seemed to come straight down into the atmosphere. It was traveling extremely fast unlike othe bright fire balls I've witnessed. Due to the hilly terrain it was hard to tell how far it was above the ground when I saw what I thought was an explosion above the ground. It appeared to explode somewhere west of Searcy County AR.

I work in a position that I have access to every emergency radio in the area. I immediately began to scan all frequencies in the area but all was quiet.

I thought that maybe a tail light or something of that nature tricked my eyes into believing I saw the explosion.

When I get home I always watch T.V. Or something to wind down before it go to sleep. An hour or so after I arrived home my wife wakes to use the restroom when she came back to bed she asked me if we had an earthquake (we have had them in the past). I asked why and she said that between 10:30 and 11:00 something caused the windows to shake and rattle items on the night stand. I checked the local seismographs and saw nothing of interest. I told her what I saw and she was unamused and went back to sleep.

The area where I saw the possible explosion is sparsely populated and most of those folks probably wouldn't report it anyway.

My home is located in the hills north north east of where I saw the possible explosion.

Is there anyway to confirm that I saw a meteor explode?
edit on 21-2-2014 by derek_m24 because: Grammar

edit on 21-2-2014 by derek_m24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by derek_m24

keep an eye on any news
Check your local news stations or radio. You could call a DJ and ask if there's any reports.

There is some space debris falling fo earth around now too.
There's a meteor website, sightings get reported to, you can check.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Submit a report, view logs

Meteors

Fireball Logs
edit on 21-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Could report it here also
Linky

and here
IMO

new topics

top topics

join