It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Men the Weaker Sex?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

whitewave
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

The fact that you got a kidney stone shows a predisposition towards weakness (or bad diet).
Sorry, couldn't resist.

I was reassured by the doctor they had no idea what had caused it. Good answer though I give you that. But having to pass the stone and dealing with the discomfort (which I won't go into details) I could say I am a strong person. Ok I'm just chatting nonsense I'm not exactly the healthiest person out there

Kind of on topic though I believe it's hard to tell who is a strong person or who is weaker than someone else. For example a female may go rushing to a babies cry and have more of a drive to help a child than maybe a man would. But also but a man may endanger is life in a situation where a female wouldn't. I just think over all we are all weak and we are all strong it's a difficult subject think about

Anyway at least we can all agree on one thing women do have a weakness in .. Driving. There I said it in going now before it gets nasty

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Again (and as is usual in these sorts of discussions), the topic drifts from GENETIC differences to SOCIAL differences. They are NOT the same.
Social differences generally favor males, genetic differences generally favor females. All fetuses are innately female until acted on at a particular stage of development. The X chromosome is much bigger than the Y chromosome. Any social differences may be attributed to conditioning, environment, right brain/left brain dominance and/or any number of other features but at the genetic level there ARE significant differences and, if we would survive as a species (male and female), it behooves us to study these differences without the burden of gender-driven ego to address any weaknesses in our continued survival. Right now those weaknesses are mostly related to the Y chromosome. It's not meant as an insult but offered as an observation and empirically proven fact.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Wait, aren't you pointing out how man seems to be more susceptible to serious harm from MAN MADE THINGS? If this were nature, these MAN MADE THINGS would not exist naturally. So a Man(male,) should be most concerned about the things which man creates.... Man's greatest weakness, is himself.

<< 1  2   >>

join