It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to belief in God but now I know there is no god but ...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Brevity in faith is not something I'd recommend. You will learn otherwise when the people who are trusted in deducing your reality finally understand the quantum mechanics of string theory: It's bigger and smarter than you could imagine and you should not lose your faith, or ridicule the ideology behind it, until you yourself attempt to understand it's entirety.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
are you serious?

Now you know?

You still believe.
And you still are really limited in the way you understand "reality".

As all humans are.

The reality is much much much much bigger than you think. We don´t have tools with our 4 dimensional thinking to really understand it.

That should be clear.

its ridiculous to even try to make an absolute statement...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

letmeon
With God , you can say what came before God. How did he come into being? I have Faith in something larger than myself and just accept that and am at peace. I don't question it.

You can say what came before God??? I'd like to hear you explain that one.

As you said. You have "Faith" in something which is beyond your ability to comprehend that you just accept and do not question it. You could say the same thing about Nature, or the Universal Everything, or whatever and have the exact same result. Hell, you could say that everything came from a super cosmic belch from the Great Fish of Eternity if you wanted to and it wouldn't make any difference. As long as you put your unquestioning faith into that idea you'll have the same result.

OK , say there is no God. Why is life here? Magic, no . Nature, where did it start? Evolution, how did it start? I heard someone on TV compare Aetheism to a " sleeping rock". I actually forgot what they said , but ..... What's your Great answer to everything. I don't know ....something ...something.

What's the difference??? Having God "Creating" stuff out of nowhere is just as magic as Nature or Divine Fish creating it out of nowhere. As for the Great Answer to everything, I don't know. Neither does anyone else, but atleast I can admit it. Saying you have the answer and then telling me what you read in a book isn't an answer either no matter how much you want it to be. Not an honest answer anyway. I could tell you that everything was created by a belching Magic Fish because I read that in a book and as long as I don't question it then I could have my answer too. But that also would not be an honest answer now would it.???

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Humans are in no way capable of even remotely being able to understand god/super consciouses/energy what ever you call it because our sense of perception is limited by 4 dimensions and 5 senses. So Gods have been kept in forms which is easily understandable and conceivable depending on different cultures and way of life...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There IS something bigger than the individual. Call it, or don't call it, God, but something is there. I personally call in the over-bridging force. God, for a better term.
Besides, if it's there and you deny it, too bad for you. If God is not there, nothing lost. You'll die anyway and join the flow.
Read the Tebetian Book of the Dead then let's talk.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

stevcolx

No brain required as well!

As an ex Christian I can say that there is no God. Mother Nature is the creator of the world. But the Annunaki are the creators of the Human Race!

Research some of Michael Tellingers work and you'll see who created us!

Switching one fairy tale for another, yeah, real progress.

And there is no such thing as the human race; we are a species divided into different races.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

lol..no matter how you separate its wrong..

edit on 24-2-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I had a talking penguin tell me there was no god.

See how easy that is.

You have faith in what you believe, and there is nothing wrong with that.

But please, don't talk of facts with nothing to back up your claims. We deny ignorance here.
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Well if you can honestly claim that first statement from a point of genuine conviction and integrity, we at least have a starting point.
But you don't. You're just being 'cute' to make a point, and in fact more disingenuous than the quoter you're mocking.

'I had a talking penguin tell me there is no god. See how easy that is'.

You didn't mean it, you don't believe it, it didn't happen and you weren't telling us the truth. You are trying to equate someone's conviction with your 'pulled out of the air' analogy that is based on neither conviction, sincerity or from the same starting place of someone who means what they say. Even if he's wrong, he believes it happened. You had to create a lie to extrapolate an event that never happened in your life.
Not the same thing, dude.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

There are so-called modern day prophets that say they have visions or talk to God, yet what they have to say does not agree with the ancient scriptures that many believe in. Religions dismiss them as individuals being deceived by demons, yet who are we to say that the ancient prophets were not the ones deceived? Newer interpretations, speak more of an unconditional loving god rather than a fear based one. Who would you believe is telling the truth? Neither? Common sense says if man could interpret and be inspired by god in the past, it would be done today too. If not, they are all illusions created by individuals interpretations and not a supreme creator. An ideal of god may inspire them, but it does not mean that it is a god's sacred word. Perhaps, just individuals own interpretations on creation, more than likely.
edit on 2 24 2014 by CynConcepts because: Spelling correction

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CynConcepts

What prophets, what religions and what interpretations do you speak of?
Just to be clear.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Off the cuff, Neale Donald Walsh-conversations with god trilogy. I am not saying that I believe in what he says, only that when i read such things, i have to question whether all individuals who claim to have spoken to god throughout history may have had a basic insight, but in relaying it to others it becomes garbled through their own perceptions and ideas?

My own search has certainly been contaminated by my own perception-based existence, yet I have not 'thrown the baby out with the bathwater', so to speak. I haven't closed my mind to the fact that there may be elemental truth amongst all of the hoopla surrounding creation, then and now. I can only wade through it all through a filter of my own perception, which makes it all unique and personal. I believe religion is too limiting and divides more than it gathers. So I don't believe in religion.

Is this Donald Walsh's take on things the truth? Were the ancients talking for God? Do I believe my perceptions are accurate? Obviously, I truthfully can answer yes and no to all of the above.

Reading back through this response of mine and I realized I am probably babbling like an idiot. My main point I wanted to get across in this thread is don't allow someone else's perceived ideals of God, creation, and whatever, close your mind to finding your own truth. If god is singular, then it is a personal relationship with each individual's understanding. I will never 'fully' agree with anyone's else perceptions, and I don't expect others to 'fully' agree with mine.

Does that make sense?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Father, Shepherd etc etc are only metaphors. No religious person EVER claimed God to be a big bearded magician in the sky magicking everything into existence. So your refutal of this idea, while valid, is not a refutal of God. Why not just accept that this possibility of an intelligent source of creation that you are beginning to humor has been discovered and researched and understood by many before you, and therefore the scriptures of all religions are valuable orienteering tools on your path to understanding the nature of the creator?

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

stevcolx

Faeded
maybe instead of pondering if there is a god....try pondering why there is a god.
if your first thought is because man made the ideea for a multitude of reasons, then skip to the second thought because we all know that is true and unavoidable once we became self conscious ...
ask yourself ....why does god exist?
i am talking about the cliche almighty non religous omnipotent god....not the "goddess"...nor the "particle".not "nature"....not the "source"..............
just GOD.WHY does god exist?

Sorry to point out something. You cannot ponder on why there is a God until you can first prove there is a God. Once you have proven yes then you can ask why!

dont be sorry, its uneventful mostly anyways.
you are right in what you say...but missed what i said. and that is to PRETEND you know god exist if that is whay is needed....THEN ponder WHY god exist

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

stevcolx

Faeded
maybe instead of pondering if there is a god....try pondering why there is a god.
if your first thought is because man made the ideea for a multitude of reasons, then skip to the second thought because we all know that is true and unavoidable once we became self conscious ...
ask yourself ....why does god exist?
i am talking about the cliche almighty non religous omnipotent god....not the "goddess"...nor the "particle".not "nature"....not the "source"..............
just GOD.WHY does god exist?

People have only been worshipping 'God' for 5,000 years or so. So why did these people over a period of 250.000 years not worship 'God'.

That's because it wasn't invented then!!
you and you were supposed to skip to the next thought if your first thought was something like this....thought.
true, we did invent the idea of god........but god we did not .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join