It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to belief in God but now I know there is no god but ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I see the idea of a benevolent god as the creator of the amazingly vast physical universe as ridiculous. A father, a shephard, a really nice guy? Give me a break! Way too big for even a really great guy.

But this thing we call the physical universe needs a magician to spring into existence from nothing. A really great guy? No. An intelligent force that we do not understand? Maybe.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Im in the exact same boat...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
To believe in something as great as "God" yet define it into any minute category seems kind of asinine. Jmo.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I have always felt that if there was a"god" then he was the equivalent to a "child with a magnifying glass" over an ant hill. To clarify my thought; The god is powerful enough that its creation of humans was, at best trivial, and he really care less about us in the long run.

Think about it, 6000 years and not a "peep" from this so called god. If we really had any value to it (the god) then it would have made an appearance already. A simple "loud speaker" announcement from it, every 20-30 years that could be heard world wide would make it clear to us and leave no questions as to it existence...simple for an all powerful god wouldn't you think?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

careful, no god?
so the signed deed that Isreal uses to justify the slaughter of all those Palistinians isn't real
oh noe...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Look up at the highest mountain and ask yourself, which man placed each grain of sand there in the exact configuration it has, that allows every drop of water to perfectly flow down the streams and rivers into the lakes below. Who planted every blade of grass and flower and tree. Who is this man who did so much and then walked away.

no man did this. simply nature is the creator. always has been.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

Well I'm glad you've finally laid to rest humankind's most intriguing question.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
For people that just "give up" without even harboring an ounce of faith or belief in possibilities, you are right.
He is real however. It isn't supposed to be easy. Keep looking.
I know for a fact he's real. And yep, he is a he.
What's next?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Open up and see the signs. A Creator is there. If you ask and believe, the signs will be there.

No religion required!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

TiedDestructor
To believe in something as great as "God" yet define it into any minute category seems kind of asinine. Jmo.

That was smart

Good stuff. Like a quote that's been passed down through history

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

you don't 'know' squat, you just 'belief' something different now

edit on 21-2-2014 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

link   

alienreality
For people that just "give up" without even harboring an ounce of faith or belief in possibilities, you are right.
What's next?

If anyone knew for a "fact", indisputable evidence would be available.

You know for a fact that you believe.. nothing more.

link   

ChuckNasty
reply to post by droid56

Open up and see the signs. A Creator is there. If you ask and believe, the signs will be there.

No religion required!

No brain required as well!

As an ex Christian I can say that there is no God. Mother Nature is the creator of the world. But the Annunaki are the creators of the Human Race!

Research some of Michael Tellingers work and you'll see who created us!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

An intelligent force that we do not understand? Maybe.

very much so, and similarly not so; for to know ones deepest self is to know the source of all things.

even the greatest master can take not one step for the pupil.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Freakin scary dude

So, If the annunaki created us, then what does that mean for the soul?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

alienreality
What's next?

I'm with you on this. There is a promise in John 14 that He will manifest Himself to us under conditions. Some of us have had that happen.
No explaining in the World will convince others what you have experienced. I, too, have had that special one-to-one experience with Jesus and it changed my life.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've come to understand it this way, and this is just my own perspective...

Anything that is visible to us, anything that can be grasped by thought, is finite. Anything finite cannot grasp the concept of infinite. So since 'God' is infinite and boundless, there is nothing outside of it. God transcends us and is hidden from our perceptions, but there is nothings outside it. We are within it. How can one perceive what you are within? If you can't get to a point outside of it, how can you observe what it is you desire to understand?

I'm Pagan, so I often anthropomorphise Deity, but I don't fall into the assumption that because I perceive God/Goddess in this way, that that is the actuality of it's existence. I know that it isn't. I understand that, that perception is all mine and my personal relationship with 'God'. I KNOW, I cannot understand completely because I can never get outside of it to perceive it in it's acutality. Even if we built FTL travel and can try to reach the edges of our universe, we'd never reach it. We'd never get there. It's forever expanding - because nothings exists outside it. In knowing that, I can let go and just be me, and tell all those who tell me I'm wrong in my chosen path, and going to undesirable places when I die because I don't perceive it in the same way they do - "You first."

This is the root of all faith, and all rebellion. In either course, whether you choose to believe or not, we are all still within God.

CdT

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Knowing and believing are two different things
Take "our lord Amen" for example: it actually refers to a real person.
Not a god, an Aryan goth
"Menes the uniter" of the two egypts..
As above, so below.

Then there are those that just believe there is a god(s)
All several billions of you:
Maybe an SSRI might help...

edit on 21-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

TwiTcHomatic

alienreality
What's next?

I think you meant: "If EVERYONE knew for a "fact" indisputable evidence would be available.

In regards to your 2nd statement: "You know for a fact that you believe.. nothing more." Yes...that's self explanatory in itself. I need nothing more; hence the word BELIEF.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

TwiTcHomatic

alienreality
What's next?

I think you meant: "If EVERYONE knew for a "fact" indisputable evidence would be available.

In regards to your 2nd statement: "You know for a fact that you believe.. nothing more." Yes...that's self explanatory in itself. I need nothing more; hence the word BELIEF.

No, I meant what I typed.

If ANYONE knew for a fact, there would be evidence. It only takes one person to provide that indisputable evidence.

That is what a fact is.. something that can be proven.

-edit- spelling
edit on 21-2-2014 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join