It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the British Government using scare tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I was just curious to hear if anyone thinks that the Uk is using
scare tactics in the same fashion that the U.S. would uses them
The only reason I even say this is that Tony Blair and GW seem to
be pretty tight so maybe they are trading secrets..

Sorry forgot to put that in there
yes I am talking about the Thwarted attacks on Canary Wharf and
Heathrow Airport. Sounds exactly like something our government
would do over here.

geo

[edit on 11/23/2004 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
I was just curious to hear if anyone thinks that the Uk is using
scare tactics in the same fashion that the U.S. would uses them
The only reason I even say this is that Tony Blair and GW seem to
be pretty tight so maybe they are trading secrets..

geo

no they are not.
not from what i see.
many dont believe the war.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe (99%) that the British Government is using scare tactics i dont think there should be any doubt about this.

But then again this is my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think GWB and Tony Blair are the same person. Its all done with F/X makeup, mirrors and a RadioShack English accent changer deluxe, presidential edition ($19.95, catalog only). It certainly would answer a bunch questions I have....

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I havnt noticed any use of scare tactics.

What type of scare tactics are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Im assuming he is talking about the "thwarted" terrorist attacks on the Canary Wharf and Heathrow Airport in the UK.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ever since the '45 minutes' claim, it is secured proof that Blair is using scare tactics.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Our Government is using scare tactics, but it's only been significantly noticable over the past few days/weeks.

First off there's all this talk of a Terror attack narrowly avoided - "Security forces thwart terror attack" The timing of this story is dubious at best imo as it was anounced on the eve of the Queen's speech.

Then there's this - "Civil orders will curb terrorism" About good old Blunkett suddenly becoming very vocal on the subject when (again, imo) it's been Very quiet on the terrorism front over here recently.

Lastly ID Card scheme unveiled by Queen The queen has today unveiled a new ID Card scheme for us UKers to help "tackle International terrorism." Although this is also seen as a way to tackle identity fraud over here.

All this over the past 3 days. Like I previously stated, I feel it's been really quiet recently, not just in the UK but Overseas as well. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's some kind of post- US election lull that I've never noticed before.

Also, the UK general election is happening next year, maybe they are trying to "do a USA" as it were and scare everyone sh*tless so they vote for the runner who they feel safest with (I'm not necessarily saying this is what happened, before I get jumped all over).
/skeptic

I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough anyway, these are just a few thoughts.

Peace

Tandino

[edit on 23-11-2004 by tandino]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well if Blair thinks he can use the same tactics Bush used on the US then Blair is making a mistake. Everything him or his goverment says is full of c*ap and no one simply listens anymore.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Well if Blair thinks he can use the same tactics Bush used on the US then Blair is making a mistake.

- Rusty matey if you can find any parallel between the situation that was America before the measures Bush has brought in and now with the mild measures our gov has brought in feel free to detail them here.....

....it's exaggerated rubbish as well you know.

Thanks to Europe's experience with terrorism over the decades since WW2 (and the Irish problem here) Europe has not had to alter too much to deal with the addition 'threat' such as it is.

Everything him or his goverment says is full of c*ap and no one simply listens anymore.

- You really shouldn't mistake our own frothing purple-faced blusterings and ravings with 'everyone' Rusty.

Suck it up matey; this guy and his gov that you get your panties in such a twist about is set to walk the next general election.

(The last poll published indicates a 120 seat majority......and you should know that in the UK historically the sitting government usually gathers strength in the polls in the run up to the election)

Funny how "no one" is interested in TB and the Labour party yet they will most likely be returned by a 3rd landslide........it's not like we have the Diebold machines 9 in the UK is it?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The NEW labour parties spin doctors will steadly build up the drip feed of worrying terror stories , until the next election .
Truth and this Government a very novel concept

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Tandino, you have some very good points which have made me wonder about a few things myself.

Firstly, when/if the new National ID cards are forced upon us this is a huge breach of our freedom, then theres the fact that the police are going to be given "Radical" powers when the bill is taken up.

This is actually quite worrying as there are 32 new bills coming into play and i think all of them are to do with the war on terrorism and crime in general.

I read a comment somewhere and cant quite think where i read it but it said....

"We are turning into a police state but without the police"

I personally believe this could be the start of the NWO for us and the "Thwarted terror attack!" is just a distraction of sorts.

These are good scare and distraction tactics but not good enough.

new topics

top topics

join