It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closed Pending Review - LOL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yeah when u get that message you know it is end of story. They make it sound like a staff meeting is happening behind the scenes but really it's a bunch of dudes and girls who ping each other from their computer den, if that even happens.

Staff review, I would like to see the minutes from this meeting.

I also would like the jury to be non-biased...

OK sorry I Know this is top secret and is non-disussable...LOL!
edit on 2/20/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: beind the csenes

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sometimes they actually reopen the threads after a review. I've seen it happen quite often actually. But I know which thread you are upset about, and you have every right to be upset about it. Personally I think you should try and be patient, as a certain someone might be under review for violating the T&C's (which they CLEARLY were).

All the best.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

While that's true 90% of the time, I have seen some threads reopened after that happened.

An example is this thread. It got closed about an hour after I posted it, probably because I quoted a part where the N-word is used and I'll bet they have to automatically review posts that include that word to make sure it isn't some racist idiot spouting off.

It was reopened after a while so, apparently the mods do review these things before closing them for good.

I think its unfortunate that the mods close good compelling threads because a few people can't debate reasonably and ruin the thread for everyone else. Why not just remove the offending posts or post ban the offenders instead of shutting down discussion?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Well maybe it's all about looking at .....

"The Big Picture"

LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yes I have had a few of my own threads reopened, the staff is great.

But sometimes you just know there is no chance in hell.

Those are the times that make you laugh out loud...

Ha one person can ruin it for everyone.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

It may get opened in the LOL section, seen that happen. Not sure how you feel about it but it does allow the discussion to continue

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Sremmos80

It may get opened in the LOL section, seen that happen. Not sure how you feel about it but it does allow the discussion to continue

If the thread in question (which shall remain nameless) ends up in the LOL section then this site is a joke and I will troll my way to a permanent posting ban. I'm not even kidding. I highly doubt that happens as the staff here really are the best on the web, and for the sake of ATS' integrity I hope it doesn't.

OP: Have you tried pm'ing the moderator that initially closed it for an update or an inquiry? Sometimes they will be nice and let you know what is what without expecting you to be initiated into their inner circle

edit on 21-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

While I don't agree with it, I got my money on that happening.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That was an amazing thread, and incredibly informative. I've often enjoyed your contributions here. Unfortunately the old adage that a few rotten fruits spoil the bunch is just as true here as it is elsewhere. Sometimes I am tempted to wonder if certain individuals prey on that in order to have threads closed that they find personally offensive or contrary to their world view.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
From the looks of things, ATS will close any thread on Sandy Hook that begins to gain momentum. The staff then decides whether to close it permanently, 404 it so that nobody can read what was said in the thread, or re-open it in the LOL forum and prevent any more flags from being added so that the increasing popularity of the topic is not so obvious. Does that sound about right?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Sometimes I am tempted to wonder if certain individuals prey on that in order to have threads closed that they find personally offensive or contrary to their world view.

Well we have Machiavellian trolls running around so that can't be to far off

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zazen

It's debatable if that is the right policy regarding sandy hook threads. This particular thread wasn't about sandy hook and is pretty much beyond the realm of debate, since it contained facts vetted by multiple news sites. It wasn't even close to being speculation. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Ya I will have to take back what I said, no reason at all to go to the LOL section.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thread Closed Pending Review -

JK!

But unfortunately we live in a world where lawsuits can bite us in the backside! If there is some irritating rule that makes no feasible sense what so ever, 99% of the time it'll be because of a lawsuit.

Thank you justice system, for nerfing the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

zazen
From the looks of things, ATS will close any thread on Sandy Hook that begins to gain momentum. The staff then decides whether to close it permanently, 404 it so that nobody can read what was said in the thread, or re-open it in the LOL forum and prevent any more flags from being added so that the increasing popularity of the topic is not so obvious. Does that sound about right?

The Sandy Hook thread is still open.

We are all guests here...I have had many threads closed.

Don't take it personal. They have lots of rules.

I had a Mod take their own time to help me rewrite a thread.

I have never seen that anywhere else on the net.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

whyamIhere

We are all guests here...I have had many threads closed.

I respectfully disagree, we are ATS, we are what makes ATS great, not the other way around. Without us, ATS would shrivel up and die a lonely death.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
At least your thread didn't get instantly 404'd like every topic about Sandy Hook. Indulge Ignorance!

I find that in threads that deal with geopolitics (Syria, Ukraine) or criticizing the current establishment, you start seeing more argument baiters and such attempting to steer the convo or derail the thread completely. If you've been reading this forum long enough you can actually predict who is going to do it.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

They make it sound like a staff meeting is happening behind the scenes

^^ Exactly what happens ^^

Closed Pending Review

top topics

join