It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does not change, the law does not either

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

ALL doctrine is good for the teaching and reproval of man. That is a biblical concept you know.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

ALL doctrine is good for the teaching and reproval of man. That is a biblical concept you know.

Stated by Paul...

IF that was the case... You'd find a lot of Scripture in the bible that is not found there now....

The early church destroyed that concept... sorry you didn't know that

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Akragon

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

you were already confused... as can be clearly shown by your replies...
(Nope that is a lie)
I know the truth hurts sometimes... but you gotta learn somehow I guess...
(Now you are acting like a petty infant)
Read your gospels, as I stated earlier... perhaps you'll understand that which you do not as it stands
(Do not add to or TAKE FROM THIS BOOK! Do you get it? Stop removing scripture from the bible!)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Akragon

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

you were already confused... as can be clearly shown by your replies...

I know the truth hurts sometimes... but you gotta learn somehow I guess...
(Now arren't you just being a petty infant)
Read your gospels, as I stated earlier... perhaps you'll understand that which you do not as it stands
(Well obviously I have read the gospels. That is just ignorant. See now you no longer quote scripture, just insults. Why would Peter say he never ate anything unclean, when unclean animals were presented before him, if Jesus said it was okay?)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why did Peter say he has never eaten anything unclean, when YAH brought the sheet down full of animals? Why? Jesus said all meat is clean right?????

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

Why not answer the question?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He was a Jew, just like the rest of the apostles...

Why was peter so confused by Jesus in so many situations in the gospels?

Simply because they were following their scriptures, even though Jesus spoke against much of what said scripture taught...

Even after Jesus was executed, they remained true to the Judaic faith...

He broke their laws, and changed their rules given by moses... and even thought Jesus was a fraud, until he came back from the dead

It was only then that they truly believed in him.... which you would know if you read the gospels

Why not answer the question?

Why do you keep replying to yourself? LOL
edit on 22-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They stayed true to the jewish faith because that is what Jesus taught. The church has changed this. I used to argue the exact things that you do. I figured that you would answer the question with "In the dream GOD says, what I have made clean is clean." Sorry for replying to myself.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He didn't think Jesus was a fraud, he denied him 3 times knowing who he was. Thats worse.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

They stayed true to the jewish faith because that is what Jesus taught. The church has changed this. I used to argue the exact things that you do. I figured that you would answer the question with "In the dream GOD says, what I have made clean is clean." Sorry for replying to myself.

And yet you've abandoned that belief for the idea that the bible is "the inerrant word of God"

that is tragic sir... Thou hast reverted to the ways of old...

Do not be deceived by those who will tell you the bible is the word of God like the OP... Gods word is found within the bible, but it is by no means the entire book...

As I've suggest several times now.... read the gospels...

The truth, the life, and the way is found within

He didn't think Jesus was a fraud, he denied him 3 times knowing who he was. Thats worse.

true... which reinforces what I've said... They were just as confused by him as you are by me...

Its quite clear that they did not "fully" believe in him until he returned...

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Akragon

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

And yet you've abandoned that belief for the idea that the bible is "the inerrant word of God"

that is tragic sir... Thou hast reverted to the ways of old...

Do not be deceived by those who will tell you the bible is the word of God like the OP... Gods word is found within the bible, but it is by no means the entire book...(actually some is MISSING)

As I've suggest several times now.... read the gospels...

The truth, the life, and the way is found within

true... which reinforces what I've said... They were just as confused by him as you are by me...( again, you don't confuse me.)

Its quite clear that they did not believe in him until he returned...(and yet again they believed in following the TORAH even after Jesus returned)

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have read the gospels, Jesus taught TORAH, and you don't confuse me. The disciples continued in TORAH because that is what Jesus taught.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You're confused in general, by me and by your own book....

So Jesus taught the torah did he...

Tell me then... where do you find this in Jesus teaching?

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. Deuteronomy 17:12

You should not let a sorceress live. Exodus 22:17

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. Leviticus 20:27

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. Exodus 21:15

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. Leviticus 21:9

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. Deuteronomy 22:20-21

And so on.... and so on

Jesus did NOT teach the torah... that is an invention by the Christian church...

and a blatant lie

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The new testament directly quotes the TORAH and the prophets 208 times. Jesus did away with the preisthood on earth and became the high preist, yes. These people will be put to a death if they do these things and don't repent, but not by our hands. The judgement is still there, we are not allowed to carry it out because we are flawed.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

The new testament directly quotes the TORAH and the prophets 208 times. Jesus did away with the preisthood on earth and became the high preist, yes. These people will be put to a death if they do these things and don't repent, but not by our hands. The judgement is still there, we are not allowed to carry it out because we are flawed.

Jesus quotes the only "scripture" that was available to him at the the time to relate to those around him...

And again... CLEARLY... You do not know the gospels...

Love is the law, NOT man made laws found in ancient texts....

He gave two commandments which all the law and the prophets hang on...

IF those that do these things are to be put to death, that eliminates the law of love... for there is NO love in revenge...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join