It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does not change, the law does not either

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Not eating pig has nothing to do with love. Christian dogma throws OT out, which is what akragon is doing, while accusing you of the same. Kind of funny isn't it?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stok3th3fir3

By the same I mean Dogma, not that you throw away LAW.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It's a nice story, but we don't really know if that's really what Jesus said, or if was even Jesus or some early Christian that actually said it. "Sounds good! Let's include it and attribute it to Jesus"!
John, not Mark.
Fourth Gospel and the Jews: A Study in R. Akiba, Esther, and the Gospel of John, by John Bowman makes what I think is a convincing argument that it does belong in the gospel.
Probably later scribes left it out, thinking it is a little far fetched.
The main point of this book by Bowman is that John is a Christian response to the Book of Esther.
In that Jewish book, Esther gets rid of one of her enemies by having him get caught sitting on her bed, and the guy gets executed because it may have looked like an attempt to commit adultery, all the while she sits there silent and lets it happen, when she knew he was innocent (and later throws a party to celebrate).

Jesus made the LAW harder. Adding thought crimes to the 10 Commandments.
But none, interestingly, about the Sabbath.
And he did not elaborate on circumcision.
It was always about how to treat your fellow man (or wife).
edit on 22-2-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

borntowatch

Akragon
Pure christian dogma... Nothing more

I'll make this short and sweet... Gods law doesn't change

In that the OP is correct... Yet rather misguided

Gods law is Love, and it has always been, and always will be...

The OT god... Isn't God...

That solves the issue completely

Peace

and thats why I wrote the thread, cos I believe that you and others are wrong.

and I would expect no more depth from one of your posts than the above.

yup... I knew that

This is a bait thread for people like myself, that believe the law is Love, and not the words found in the OT which are the opposite of Love

Which is why I was reluctant to reply to it...

Your biblical laws prove themselves to be NOT of God on their own...

no need to go into depth in my reply... its obvious to anyone who isn't brainwashed by the "Good" book... or the people that preach it

edit on 22-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by borntowatch

Akragon: So since a man sleeping with another man has nothing to do with love, then thats ok? Do you see? That is what OP is saying by no depth, I call it State Run Church Syndrome, take your medicine (ALL SCRIPTURE).

This doesn't even deserve a reply...

Not eating pig has nothing to do with love. Christian dogma throws OT out, which is what akragon is doing, while accusing you of the same. Kind of funny isn't it?

Silly Christian... Read your gospels...

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus was refutting the washing of the hands here which is in talmud and not the bible. Read this whole passage in context, please. Please quote from the bible the ritual of washing the hands. Its not there. Furthermore since this was telling them not to follow talmud, where fo we see Jesus saying its ok to eat unclean animals?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Please use the sheet from heaven, with all manner of creaping and crawling things on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Take your own Advice... read the chapter In context... that is IF you know what Context means...

I love when Christians Scream context yet actually pay no attention to it because their own beliefs disagree with what the bible actually says...

Heres a better idea.... Read the earliest version of the passage...

Mark 7

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.

Please use the sheet from heaven, with all manner of creaping and crawling things on it.

Please pass whatever you're smoking this way...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Mark 7:2 and when they saw that some of his desciples eat bread with defiled, that os to say, UNWASHEN, HANDS, they found fault. So again you are WRONG. Please quote another.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

read the whole chapter... are you frickin blind?

I quoted it twice from two different books....

What you eat does NOT defile you... what you SAY does...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Unclean animals are not considered as meat to a jew, remember that.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So if you eat a diseased animal, your body purges that disease? No it catches it.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So you just make up your own rules as you go along...

I see...

So if you eat a diseased animal, your body purges that disease? No it catches it.

Why would you eat a diseased animal?

Chicken contains salmonella..... You cook it to kill the bacteria..

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't eat it because YAH commands us not to. These weren't even considered as meat. Jesus was refuting the washing of the hands. See what the pharisees said didn't have to do with what to eat and what not to eat, but the ritual of washing the hands. When Simon Peter had a dream of all manner of creaping and crawling things on it, what did he say to YAH?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

I don't eat it because YAH commands us not to. These weren't even considered as meat. Jesus was refuting the washing of the hands. See what the pharisees said didn't have to do with what to eat and what not to eat, but the ritual of washing the hands. When Simon Peter had a dream of all manner of creaping and crawling things on it, what did he say to YAH?

So you're a messianic jew... that's fine if that's your belief

IF He was only talking about washing hands... the following would not have been said...

for the third time....

Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

You Keep your Tribal god of confusion... yahoo

I'll stick with the Father.... thanks

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"I have NEVER eaten of anything COMMON or UNCLEAN." Huh??????? What???? This is what he said????????

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you LOVE me you will obey the will of my Father. Well that is written in the TORAH. Depart from me you workers of what sir????????? LAWLESSNESS. Or TORAHLESSNESS.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

If you LOVE me you will obey the will of my Father. Well that is written in the TORAH. Depart from me you workers of what sir????????? LAWLESSNESS. Or TORAHLESSNESS.

Right... and the will of the Father is to "Love God, and love your neighbour as yourself"...

The Torah is not of God...

Jesus Vs The Imposter

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So you say you obey the FATHER yet you call him an author of confusion and throw him out? Ummmmmmmmm okay? Now I'm comfused!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

stok3th3fir3
reply to post by Akragon

So you say you obey the FATHER yet you call him an author of confusion and throw him out? Ummmmmmmmm okay? Now I'm comfused!

you were already confused... as can be clearly shown by your replies...

I know the truth hurts sometimes... but you gotta learn somehow I guess...

Read your gospels, as I stated earlier... perhaps you'll understand that which you do not as it stands

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join