It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super thunder shatters windows in Philly

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
When a crystal of any kind gets too much vibrational energy, the bonds holding the crystals together snap, causing a shattering effect. The frequency to shatter a crystal is dependent on what the crystal is is made of. There are a lot of other things that can effect this. So another words what I just said is worthless.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

nugget1
As more and more strange 'phenomenon' keeps occurring, I can't help but think that SOMEBODY in the scientific community has a hypothesis, or a least an idea or two. The fact that nothing is being said speaks louder than any words ever could.
Whatever is causing these earth changes seems to be accelerating.

Silence because it's man-made? Or,something that we have no control over?
My instinct tells me that there are those who know full well what is going on.
My ATS radar wants to know why it's being kept from all of us.

climate scientists have been saying it for decades...global warming intensifies and changes weather...but, to this day they are still made out to be crazy. it's going to get worse, because wealthy people in this world are too "f" ing stupid. just because they made a lot of money doing one thing, they think they are brilliant in everything else. plus, most of them already have some type of bug out location that they can survive in

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
about a month ago...we had the EXACT same thing happen here. I was sitting on the couch while my girls were playing and I all of the sudden we see this intense light coming through the window..like having your face in front of a photography strobe. About 2 seconds later the loudest (and I mean loudest boom) I have ever heard. It sounded like a bomb went off. It shook our house, our neighbors homes and even cracked/crumbed a brick building down the street (If you don't believe me I will take a pic today)

Now just to let you know how loud..my house has a transformer tube on the light pole (i guess that's what it's called) a grey tube about 3ft long...maybe ft or so in diameter..anyway that thing exploded several years back and sounded like 10 shotguns going off..this boom we heard on that night would have silenced the transformer things exploding..I mean literally though a plane had crashed on our street..It made the local news..and people heard it all over southern illinois..

I don't know what the heck it was or what is going on with our weather but Im sick of it. We have had the worst winter on record in some parts of illinois...so ready for summer, but dread how bad this spring weather is going to get

edit on 21-2-2014 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My house was a-rockin and I live about 3 miles away from the epicenter. I saw the flash but didn't hear the rumble start till about 30 seconds later. It started out real low til the rumble increased and the house started shaking. It reminded me of the earthquake we had here, and up the east coast, a couple of years back (another weird weather event). Compared to the earthquake, I'd say my house was shaking at a mag 4 on the Richter

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Things like this might be hard to fathom or grasp if you have never witnessed something like this, years ago while in the military stationed in Colorado Springs at Ft Carson, with all it's very wild weather, I had witnessed 40 and 50 degree temperature swings, sunny mild days then snowstorms out of the blue, anyhow, one day while in company formation we were facing the parking lot, two cars within seconds of each other blew out from the inside right in front of us, now these were side windows if I recall, it was the craziest thing I have ever seen, I can't quite remember the weather that day but I believe it may have been in March or April time frame but at that time the weather was not so extreme, but I believe it was the air pressure, so I would think that if people are saying it was thunder, it could have possibly been air pressure possibly ? maybe?
edit on 21-2-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I read that article. I found it interesting that one of the witnesses said that she didn't see an ordinary bolt of lightning, but instead a big ball of light that appeared and disappeared.

I heard thunder at the same time, too. I would have been about 30 miles away.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I work in Center City Philly in a high-rise and when the storm blew through, I thought OUR windows were going to crack too. I've been working down here forb 25 years and have encountered many thunderstorms (during spring and summer mostly, of course). Thunder always seems exacerbated and amplified down here in the concrete jungle, but this felt and sounded much more powerful than usual. I attribute it to the extra instability of the atmosphere due to the colder ground conditions because of recent snow accumulations.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That must have been SO loud.

I love thunder and lightning, when indoors and safe, obviously.

We had a major thunderstorm here in southern UK around 2004/5, around 2/3 am that lasted for around an hour, it was the loudest thunder I have ever heard, and the most intense lightning, lighting the whole sky and the rooms through wooden blinds. At the time we had large 8'x5' windows which were only two panes of glass and they rattled, it was rather scary.

I could only imagine how loud that thunder was if it smashed windows. Would be good if there's a video somewhere.

Theories that it was perhaps lightning hitting a transformer here:
abclocal.go.com.../local&id=9437456
edit on 21-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Living in the south we get house shaking thunder all the time. Yesterday the lightning was especially bad. If we could harness that power we would have all the energy we need.

Our thoughts are with you philly.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No way!
I bet it was a meteor that exploded high up.
like in USSR.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You know what, all these weather anomalies are piling up & maybe that means something more than just oh the weather is changing is at hand. Maybe even the density of H2O has changed or some weird thing like that. I've never heard of thunder busting out windows before. You know, I saw a Leonardo DiCaprio movie around two years ago where the opening scene was a house getting blown out like described in this thread. Coincidences.

I don't know. I got up today & went to take a piss to find my piss bubbles like I'm pissing out soapy water. When I spit my spit has bubbles in it as well. Ain't that strange? Foamy piss could be a sign of protein excess or kidney problems but I can rule that out because my spit does the same thing. Freaky.

I wonder what the # is going on & why nobody who does know is letting on the public about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Here's another theory. There were some really huge meteorites that passed by earth very recently right? Whose to say that they weren't dragging along some sort of space dust with them & now earth is being inundated with a massive amount of space crystals or some other weird space dust?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I pray to God that these weater conditions don't get worse.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
AHA! That's what I heard!! It went on and on and on ....
RUUUUUUUUMBLING .... I wondered what the heck was going on.
I also considered an earthquake because earthquakes have long rumbles like that.
(I"ve been in a few of those).

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

It happened at my old highschool years ago. Some super bolt shattered out some serious windows above the lockers and fell on some kids. It's not real rare. Your parts of the country are just not used to how crazy the weather can actually be. A close lightning ground strike is going to sound like the sky is falling on your head. It's awesome!

I've experienced a lightning strike right in front of the house I was in. First there's an intense bright flash, then time seems to slow down, and then there is a incredible loud crack. But none of our windows were broken. The only damage was a bit of road that was scorched.

Bizarrely, I was at home today in Norway, and heard continuous rumbling for about 30 minutes (around 4pm). Sounded like a non-stop convoy of lorries.
edit on 21-2-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

stormcell

ItCameFromOuterSpace

It happened at my old highschool years ago. Some super bolt shattered out some serious windows above the lockers and fell on some kids. It's not real rare. Your parts of the country are just not used to how crazy the weather can actually be. A close lightning ground strike is going to sound like the sky is falling on your head. It's awesome!

I've experienced a lightning strike right in front of the house I was in. First there's an intense bright flash, then time seems to slow down, and then there is a incredible loud crack. But none of our windows were broken. The only damage was a bit of road that was scorched.

Bizarrely, I was at home today in Norway, and heard continuous rumbling for about 30 minutes (around 4pm). Sounded like a non-stop convoy of lorries. Though I wonder if it was a meteorite.
edit on 21-2-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

As a child our house was hit by lightning, it blew out a few electronic things but not the windows.

I suspect it was a sonic boom that blew the windows.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=9437456
edit on 21-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

I don't buy that one. I've seen transformers blow up from lightning strikes and they don't create that much energy. A good light show yeah but, not enough power to shatter windows. They were popping like crazy during the storm that caused all the power outages and we heard of nothing like this happening. Besides, you would expect to see shrapnel from the transformer and burn marks if that was the explanation.

I think the temp inversion amplifying the sound to the point where it could do damage theory sounds more credible.

Although, I suppose it is possible there could be some other explanation...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Who knows. That was a report from the local area, and maybe it did blow a transformer as well as something else?

I think there is more that goes on that the public aren't made aware of, things like meteors being blown up are a possibility. I have my own theory on the Chelyabinsk incident. Until more evidence surfaces, from eyewitnesses, the theories will just be theories.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Maybe its a combination of all three; a lightning bolt blasts a transformer creating an extra loud thunder clap/explosion which is then amplified by the temperature inversion to make a super sound-wave that shattered the windows in the neighborhood.

Talk about the perfect storm!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join