It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am An American Prisoner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Dolby_X
LoL poor American cant enter in Canada because of a DUI. Hey i know ppl here in Canada who cant enter the US for the same reason ....

Haha this one is my favorite!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

For victimless crimes it is much easier to have things expunged from your record; however,the BCA will always have your full record on file which makes the expungement process pointless in some cases. If you are cross referenced with that agency
(which many employers are now doing instead of court records) the expungement process was a waste of time for you. I think the only remedy would be to have the record/s permanently sealed through the courts. It may not fit all cases, but I am absolutely sure that the BCA keeps your entire record, which is accessible by employers, so why not foreign governments? Anyone else have experience with this? I am speaking strictly through personal experience, so additional info is appreciated

I read an earlier post saying that sealing a record and expungement are the same thing. As per my experience, they are NOT.
But this is another discussion for another time I suppose, though anyone with personal experience or expertise is welcome to share and enlighten!
edit on 26-2-2014 by bangoli because: to add

<< 1  2   >>

join