It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Crews Attempt To Rescue Olympic Figure Skater Who Fell Through Ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

SOCHI, RUSSIA—In a race against time, local emergency crews reportedly rushed to rescue Italian figure skater Carolina Kostner Wednesday after the Olympian plunged through a hazardous thin patch of ice during her short program at the Iceberg Skating Palace. “Unfortunately she skated way out into the middle of the rink where the ice was weak and it collapsed instantly when she landed her triple axel,

www.theonion.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I might actually watch the winter games if this where a real possibility.
edit on 20-2-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

benrl
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I might actually watch the winter games if this where a real possibility.
edit on 20-2-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Lol I wonder how many people are gonna post this to their facebook thinking it's true

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
LMAO, thats a pretty good photoshop. guess they better not get out the zambinee, or what ever that thing is that re-ices the floor, it could fall through just as easy, Joking

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I read that article and are they saying they did not reach her and so she's dead now, OMG, that is so heart breaking. What on earth are they doing, why is this not in a rink, its on ice over water?????? Who would do that??????

I always give my kids heck for thinking its cool to go out on the ice. Its not cool at all. We had colder winters when I grew up, and the lake at my grandparents house would freeze, we were taught to never go on the ice unless the cracks were thick, 8 inches to more. Big cracks, thick ice, and close to shore only. That is where my grandfather cleared out the skating rink.

I only went on ice that was more than a foot deep.

But, nowadays, they're ice fishing near here, we have had 2 weeks, one in December and one in beginning Feb, that were unusually cold, ie. -16-18, but only that temp for a day or two. -12, for a few days longer, when here it gets maybe -5-8 for January cold on normal years. But we spent most of the winter hovering around zero, sometimes 12 above, 2 above, 4 above for weeks.

Who in their right mind would go on ice like that?

This should be in a rink. PERIOD. They murdered her, gross negligence! What a horrible thing to happen.

I still think of my grandparents neighbours son, my dad taught him in school. He used to drive his car on the lake, and he went through the ice.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The article was posted by the Onion. It's not real. The skater is fine and will live to twirl another day.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

Thank goodness! That was horrible news.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Unity_99
reply to post by deadcalm

Thank goodness! That was horrible news.

aw im sorry unity, it fooled me for a split second too

join