It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Invasion of Ukraine Can't be ruled out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Assume whatever you like. As I said I could care less. Providing folks links has proven to be a waste of time here. I have "proved" several things ten times over on this site and have wasted enough of my time arguing with fools. Not to say you are a fool, just that I am done providing links.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

For our sakes..I think it best if they stay at grabbing Crimea!
I don't think Western Europe will tolerate a full take over of all of Ukraine.

I agree with that. It's also, largely, what the Ukrainian student I'm sharing a college history class with has told me. East of the River is more Russian than Europe. More old world..than new and industrial than anything like cosmopolitan. West of the River, even the architecture is different to give a look and feel that is distinctly more European and new world than Old world Russian.

I think the world will grumble nasty things under their collective breath that this even came to a head like it has, but the world won't challenge Russia for what has been taken now. Sevastopol is no small thing, after all and it would be like expecting the US to entertain the Cubans saying 'Hey...We're SERIOUS now..leave Guantanamo!". Umm.. Yeah... Wouldn't happen and neither will losing the home port of the Russian Black Sea Fleet.

On the other hand... I think you're equally right to say Europe has a line they will react to, if crossed...even if they really really don't want to. I hope no one has a major brain fart for a serious miscalculation. Just one may be all it takes. One big miscalculation.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Mamatus

Assume whatever you like. As I said I could care less. Providing folks links has proven to be a waste of time here. I have "proved" several things ten times over on this site and have wasted enough of my time arguing with fools. Not to say you are a fool, just that I am done providing links.

I checked but did not see where you linked to the sources that shows the US is behind the funding of what's occurring in Ukraine. Did I miss it? If so can you shoot me the link to your post?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Do a search on the pro-democracy groups involved. Wikipedia also has a section regarding Russia's treaties with the Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Given the number of pipelines Russia has going the the bulk of the Ukraine I would expect them to take a much larger interest than just the south. A tremendous amount of Russia's wealth flows though parts of the Ukraine that want to move to the EU.

Add to that that IMO Putin wants to go down in Russian history as the man that took down The West. His ego is large and his KJB background almost guarantees he has a hatred of the USA. IMO a large chunk of the world at large would be most happy to watch most of the USA begin to look like Detroit...... Something sneaky is afoot.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Obama is talking now:

edit on 28-2-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Obama is Rattled

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Your link, she is ah, broken..

No work...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am rattled because Obama is rattled.

he was stammering over his words... not like him, usually a confident
orator.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by rigel4

Your link, she is ah, broken..

No work...

Sorry...
its over now.. it was a live feed.

www.jsonline.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I did not get Obama seemed rattled at all, in fact he seemed pretty chill. Of course we now know Russia is showing what it wants out of Ukraine. Its actions tell us it wants a buffer/puppet zone a guarantee for its Naval Base in Crimea and in return it is willing to lose the rest of Ukraine. A good short term play but, long term it creates yet another non friendly nation on its border. Russia's fear of the West has limited its actions to not even admitting it is its troops creating the buffer zone in crimea. This gives Russia an out if Ukraine appeals to NATO to help remove those "rebels". Russia is desperate to salvage something out of Ukriane but, it's position is just to weak. The loss of Ukraine is literaly the last straw for any Russian hope returning to a true global power. Its allies in the wold have changed sides or been absorbed by either the West or China. It' s borders are crowded by China who own interest are at odds with Russias in as many areas as it is the same and NATO/EU on the other. Within its own borders it faces rebelous groups and mass corruption. What Russia has fear of is sancrions from the West. That is a far greater threat to Russia than a military conflict.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes ..yes having read your post I am inclined to agree with you..well thought out
and very logical.
I hope we are still dealing with logic though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join