It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Invasion of Ukraine Can't be ruled out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

MessageforAll
Don't you just love the timing... Ukraine... winter Olympics... If something happens in the mean time, Russia has lots and lots of hostages... Just think about it.

No offense but that's pretty ridiculous. Russia isn't going to hold the world's Olympians hostage, putin may be ex(?) KGB but he's not Dr. Evil.

I may have misunderstood, if so I'd be interested in who would be the one taking hostages. Because nobody other than the Russian government has the ability to control the Olympic games, it would be like trying to occupy Moscow right now. The games are really, really, really big, tens (or even hundreds or thousands) of terrorists wouldn't be able to storm the village and kidnap all the athletes.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

alldaylong

heliosprime77
reply to post by alldaylong

I'm not sure that's true. Anti US sentiment is global these days, and wrong or right it's easy to blame the US for every trouble everywhere. The NSA exists to spy on other nations, and to think that other nations don't spy on the US or each other is just not realistic. All nations spy on each other, the NSA just got caught.

The NSA didn't get "Caught" as you call it. It was exposed by one Edward Snowden.

By the way The EU has already imposed sanctions against Ukraine. The US can now follow The EU's lead

durangoherald.com...

Sanctions will only help the present political Power in Ukraine and Putin. Ukraine will Close its borders and That opens the door for more Russian support.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

spy66

alldaylong

heliosprime77

I'm not sure that's true. Anti US sentiment is global these days, and wrong or right it's easy to blame the US for every trouble everywhere. The NSA exists to spy on other nations, and to think that other nations don't spy on the US or each other is just not realistic. All nations spy on each other, the NSA just got caught.

The NSA didn't get "Caught" as you call it. It was exposed by one Edward Snowden.

By the way The EU has already imposed sanctions against Ukraine. The US can now follow The EU's lead

durangoherald.com...

Sanctions will only help the present political Power in Ukraine and Putin. Ukraine will Close its borders and That opens the door for more Russian support.

As the western borders of Ukraine are populated with 100% Pro-European inhabitants, i think Ukraine would find closing it's borders a challenge.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

heliosprime77

durangoherald.com...

As the western borders of Ukraine are populated with 100% Pro-European inhabitants, i think Ukraine would find closing it's borders a challenge.

That wont be hard if the military steps up. It will be hard for the inhabitants to prevent it from happening.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

spy66

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

heliosprime77

durangoherald.com...

That wont be hard if the military steps up. It will be hard for the inhabitants to prevent it from happening.

They carn't control The Capital Kiev, so how do you expect them to control a 1000 mile long border?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

heliosprime77

durangoherald.com...

They carn't control The Capital Kiev, so how do you expect them to control a 1000 mile long border?

Just because the People hold the streats dosent mean they have any leverage on the government. As long as the armed forces and police support the present political Power. They dont stand a chance of holding it.

What we have seen now is far from full military intervention in the streat of Kiev.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

spy66

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

heliosprime77

durangoherald.com...

Just because the People hold the streats dosent mean they have any leverage on the government. As long as the armed forces and police support the present political Power. They dont stand a chance of holding it.

What we have seen now is far from full military intervention in the streat of Kiev.

We have seen full military intervention in Syria for the last 3 years.
Please tell me have the Syrian military taken full control? Have they closed the borders?

edit on 20-2-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

spy66

alldaylong

heliosprime77

durangoherald.com...

We have seen full military intervention in Syria for the last 3 years.
Please tell me have the Syrian military taken full control? Have they closed the borders?

edit on 20-2-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

We are not talking about Syria. There will only be one resemblence between Syria and Ukraine. That is casualties.
There is not much to say until is all out conflict.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

spy66

alldaylong

heliosprime77

durangoherald.com...

Actually the protesters are closing the border. They blocked a border crossing at the Polish border.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Bloody massacre

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ukrainian law doesn't allow GMO crops:

Monsanto plans $140 mln Ukraine non-GM corn seed plant

Also see
DuPont’s New Seeds Facility In Ukraine Will Help Harvest Future Growth
edit on 20-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I don't buy it... Putin isn't part of the Soviet Union, that's like saying Germans are Nazis.

If Putin roles tanks into Ukraine he could be facing an all out war with Europe over it, he's a politician, not a dictator, no one is that stupid.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

iRoyalty
reply to post by rigel4

I don't buy it... Putin isn't part of the Soviet Union, that's like saying Germans are Nazis.

If Putin roles tanks into Ukraine he could be facing an all out war with Europe over it, he's a politician, not a dictator, no one is that stupid.

If you had a clue about Vladimir Putin and his Agenda.. You would know that
he is a dictator in all but name.
/

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

rigel4
/

Prove it to me then. Show me some evidence of his dictatorial agenda.

Then I will show you why America and my home the UK are also a kin to a dictatorship.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

iRoyalty

rigel4
/

Prove it to me then. Show me some evidence of his dictatorial agenda.

Then I will show you why America and my home the UK are also a kin to a dictatorship.

I suggest you read this LinkI haven't the time to educate you!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime77

I see it staying as separate conflicts, all on small scale guerrilla warfare, if at all. I don't think Russia is that stupid, nor do I think the US/EU are either, to interfere on a military level - intelligence level, yes, likely. Unless Ukraine is willing to reintegrate with Russia(which they are't - obviously), both the West and Russia need Ukraine to be, not the door mat to Euro-Russian relations but the door specifically. They also need to define their national identity, which they have been trying to do since the late 800's AD.

There is no dividing Ukraine, there is no reintegration to Russia or integration to the EU. If one or the other is forced to happen by any entity other than the cultural forces of Ukraine, there will be hell to pay. Russo-Ukrainian political culture runs deep in both countries and is totally indistinguishable from Western political culture. Perhaps this is a needed growing pain for both Ukraine and Russia to go through from being a post-Soviet state, to what we could possibly all aspire to, as nations and humans. it would not be that much of a long shot, but it would not be easy to accomplish. A change in all ways to govern our selves, is needed. This had to happen one way or another...unfortunately it got violent. Hopefully that part is over and done with. If so, then the hard work starts now in discovering what they want their national identity to represent...it could be quite interesting.
edit on rdpamSun, 23 Feb 2014 00:16:07 -0600k1402America/Chicago2316 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Actually it's about a failed Western/NWO Banking System heavily indebt based on a paper fiat system vs Russia - China - India who believe in a hard currency system backed by Gold.
imo

This whole Ukraine issue is wholly created by the West - we have NGO's creating this chaos over there like they did with the Arab Spring. It's the last gasp of a dying system and the western bankers intend to kill millions of people before they go down...wonder why JP Morgan is killing all their people who can blow the whistle on them.

Just follow the money....people.

US NGO Uncovered in Ukraine Protests

The recent protests in Ukraine have the stench of a foreign-orchestrated attempt to destabilize the government of Viktor Yanukovych after he walked away from signing an EU Association Agreement that would have driven a deep wedge between Russia and Ukraine. Glamor-star boxer-turned political guru, Vitaly Klitschko, has been meeting with the US State Department and is close to Angela Merkel’s CDU political machine in Germany. The EU association agreement with Ukraine is widely resisted by many EU member states with deep economic problems of their own. The two EU figures most pushing it—Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt and Polish Foreign Minister Radosław Sikorski—are both well known in the EU as close to Washington. The US is strongly pushing the Ukraine EU integration just as it had been behind the 2004 failed “Orange Revolution” to split Ukraine from Russia in a bid to isolate and weaken Russia. Now Ukrainians have found evidence of direct involvement of the Belgrade US-financed training group, CANVAS behind the carefully-orchestrated Kiev protests.

A copy of the pamphlet that was given out to opposition protestors in Kiev has been obtained. It is a word-for-word and picture-for-picture translation of the pamphlet used by US-financed Canvas organizers in the 2011 Cairo Tahrir Square protests that toppled Hosni Mubarak and opened the door to the US-backed Muslim Brotherhood.

UKRAINE

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I don't think the cry to russia is the fake cry. If the US were to respond, that would be the fake cry for help.

# the west, and all it's pompous backwards ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

BABYBULL24
Actually it's about a failed Western/NWO Banking System heavily indebt based on a paper fiat system vs Russia - China - India who believe in a hard currency system backed by Gold.

Yet not one, Russia, China or India, actually use a gold standard for their currency, so im not sure how the west is to blame here.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ukraine is worth fighting for,this is my worry.
This is akin to Canada falling to the old communist Warsaw pact, think that would be acceptable? think again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join