It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Invasion of Ukraine Can't be ruled out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is a lot more possibilities to protests than meet the eye. Its the breadbelt area. Stalin did a lot of bad things, and I just read that he was obligated to the Rothchilds and some scheme concerning crops. They starved many people to death in that area.
I've also read that Monstanto wants to gain that food belt area, as Russia is opposed to GMO. This is codex alimentarius. In addition, the US if connected to strategically placing a puppet government would have a really close foot hold for setting up their weapons against Russia. Its a very strategic place.

So, we don't know whats really going on. I want people to stand up, but so far they seem to want to join the EU, when the EU had apparently guarded their votes in the past when they choose to join the Russian Federation. Another thing I read about this.

In all, usually all roads are under some agenda, even many rebellions.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

MessageforAll
When I said hostages i didn't really mean in a physical way?*Scratches head looking for the right word*

Diplomatic detention maybe?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

MessageforAll
reply to post by SLAYER69

No, however I do believe that the way the EU and US is acting Russia will respond in the way they best can. Simply by making it very hard for the athletes to return home.

Its obvious that Ukraine is a direct assault towards Russia. Putin knows this. Unlike some other dictators Putin's red line won't be crossed nor be repeated.

When I said hostages i didn't really mean in a physical way?*Scratches head looking for the right word*
edit on thAmerica/Chicago220000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

I rather would think that the Olympics is a good ''timing''' for the US or the EU to get things ''tense'' so Putin/Russia doesn't bother 2 much about it so they can do their thing (at least for the time being). When it's out of control how much Russia can do anyways??
But I also think the US is mainly doing this and the EU will just follow kinda as they Always did before (Iraq, Bosnia, Syria..).

If Russia responds they would likely send armored troops but I also think Russia knows they just can't do much, it's not that they have to fight a country, they must fight the people over there and that's mission impossible.

Maybe time again for a Berlin wall.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

alldaylong

Aleister
As always, there is very likely major diplomatic discussion going on between the U.S., Russia, and the Ukraine right now

You can rub out The U.S. and replace it with The E.U.

Ah, good point. Thanks. Probably the U.S. is involved too though.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Overt Russian action is extremely unlikely. For one it galvanize the rest of Ukraine against them. And two they face all of the EU and NATO and that is conflict they can not win. Such action would also bring open rebellion in many of Russias southern areas. China wouild quickly move to take over influence the former Soviet Republics and Russian arms dales which would be stopped by internaional santions. In other words, unless Russia is run by idiots they will not conduct any open military operation in the Ukraine. Not to mention the state of Russian militray is not good. Soldiers that exist only on paper and others without equipment they should have because of massive corruption.

link   
reply to post by rigel4

This one is tough to get my head around.

It wasn't but a few weeks ago I think that a tape was release involving the US State Dept and the US Ambassador to Ukraine. Based on what I've read they were discussing the marriage of the opposition party to the current gov and and the "F the EU" quote was delivered. It seems the EU wasn't really on board with the idea and the US was trying to leverage the UN to accomplish the marriage. The opposition reportedly backed away from the deal, Russian intelligence likely leaked the audio to further discourage the idea, and create a rift between the US and EU. So many of the comments I read on other sites discussing this could be summarized as "The US is to blame for all of this". That seems overly simplistic in my opinion but is pretty telling on its own.

So who benefits from all this?

If Ukraine devolves into civil war the Natural Gas infrastructure into Europe is in serious danger, and likely disruptions will occur causing Europe pretty significant pains. That doesn't benefit Russia, as it would cost them significant money in the sale of said gas.
Does Russia really need to control Ukraine to control those pipelines? They control the gas flowing into those pipes so in a sense they already control them, doesn't matter who hooks up on the other end, they control in in flow.

Sure the "west" would like a more friendly gov in Ukraine, then why try to marry the two entities together, why not just support the opposition, and why would the EU not back the plan if it created a more western friendly gov.

Sure Russia would like the Ukraine to be more allied with them, but fomenting chaos costs them serious money in gas disruptions, and rolling tanks into the Ukraine in support of the existing gov likely escalates everything even further. Heavier fighting and more support for the opposition from the "west". Including the muslim element in and around Russia looking for a place to fight them as well.

I think this gets far worse before it gets better. So many places in full on civil war or getting close, Syria, Iraq, Venezuela, Ukraine. I wonder if just one wrong move by one party or another brings on a much more open global conflict.

Lots of smart folks here on ATS and I enjoy reading many of your thoughts. So how does this all play out? More covert regime change with so many dying but very localized, or a full on global conflagration with a major global power reset?

link   

Plugin

MessageforAll

No, however I do believe that the way the EU and US is acting Russia will respond in the way they best can. Simply by making it very hard for the athletes to return home.

Its obvious that Ukraine is a direct assault towards Russia. Putin knows this. Unlike some other dictators Putin's red line won't be crossed nor be repeated.

edit on thAmerica/Chicago220000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

But I also think the US is mainly doing this and the EU will just follow kinda as they Always did before (Iraq, Bosnia, Syria..).

The days of The E.U. following The U.S. are long over.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

alldaylong

Plugin

MessageforAll

Really? what about the sanctions against Iran. The EU stopped importing Iranian oil, which hurts the EU. We still her bitch and take anything she demands even when we should know better.
Let her downgrade the EU we take it, spy on us, we take it... you name it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Plugin

alldaylong

Plugin

MessageforAll

Really? what about the sanctions against Iran. The EU stopped importing Iranian oil, which hurts the EU. We still her bitch and take anything she demands even when we should know better.

Did it skip your attention that when it came to the question of Syria, The E.U. stuck it fingers up to The U.S. ( well all except The French that is)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

I understand the sentiment but I think the EU openly went against the US on this which is what prompted the US State Dept rep to get caught saying "F the EU" a few weeks ago. I just don't think it's as simple as "The US is behind all of this" Although I get the anti US sentiment these days, it seems like the easy card to play. But hey I could be wrong, and I wouldn't be shocked to hear "facts" that the US is behind it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

West Ukraine during WW2 were on the same side as the fascists. Its not a surprise they want to be part of the EU sinking ship.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

alldaylong

Plugin

alldaylong

Plugin

MessageforAll

Did it skip your attention that when it came to the question of Syria, The E.U. stuck it fingers up to The U.S. ( well all except The French that is)

Oh that's why the EU is also supporting the rebels/terrorists in Syria with lots of money and why we helped fighting in Lybia and so on, Iraq before and still sanctions against Iran and of course most recent Ukraine.

You talking about an invasion/red line? maybe we don't go all the way but still let the US press them enough they will most likely (even after Iraq (the lies you name it).

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

The France listened to America/Obama not to attack Syria in August like a good little puppy.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime77

The only reaction about the ''# the EU'', was from Merkel, that she said that was unacceptable, nothing more, no reactions from other EU country's really as far as I know.
But yes Germany seems to shift most compared with other EU country's with following the US.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

I kinda think even if Russia full on invaded Ukraine, the US wouldn't do much if anything. The current President is pretty soft and isn't going to involve the US military openly or directly in any conflicts short of the US mainland getting attacked directly.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Plugin

alldaylong

Plugin

alldaylong

Plugin

MessageforAll

Oh that's why the EU is also supporting the rebels/terrorists in Syria with lots of money and why we helped fighting in Lybia and so on, Iraq before and still sanctions against Iran and of course most recent Ukraine.

You talking about an invasion/red line? maybe we don't go all the way but still let the US press them enough they will most likely (even after Iraq (the lies you name it).

Americans are 100% out of touch with European feelings about The US. To us The US is another word for "Stench"

Have you already forgotten about The NSA activity in Germany, France, Italy etc. We have long memories over here, and all is not well with current Europe US relations.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I'm not sure that's true. Anti US sentiment is global these days, and wrong or right it's easy to blame the US for every trouble everywhere. The NSA exists to spy on other nations, and to think that other nations don't spy on the US or each other is just not realistic. All nations spy on each other, the NSA just got caught.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

alldaylong

Plugin

alldaylong

Plugin

alldaylong

Plugin

MessageforAll

Americans are 100% out of touch with European feelings about The US. To us The US is another word for "Stench"

Have you already forgotten about The NSA activity in Germany, France, Italy etc. We have long memories over here, and all is not well with current Europe US relations.

I know that but it's still doing her way mostly even after all of this.
Just look at the media in the EU, on which side they are.
It's going the other direction I agree but still not even close taking her own direction.
With the people it's something else, I guess the US is the most hated country in the world lol which is pretty sad really.. especially the leaders in the US think the US is the best and most loved nation on this planet.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think there are a few Things that prevent the Ukraine political Power to strike any deals With Putin. ANd that is the People of Ukraine.
It doesn't matter what deal the politicians make With Putin if the People don't support it. They will just keep on demonstrating and fighting like they are doing now.

The present political Power in Ukraine have already lost ground to strike any deals With Putin. And that leaves Putin With very few options.

A invasion by Russia is probably the best card for Putin to play, and he better make it snappy before the US/EU starts to get a real foothold With the Public. The US and EU will never Challenge Putin militarily if he makes the first move. Because that will mean all out war if they act.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

heliosprime77
reply to post by alldaylong

I'm not sure that's true. Anti US sentiment is global these days, and wrong or right it's easy to blame the US for every trouble everywhere. The NSA exists to spy on other nations, and to think that other nations don't spy on the US or each other is just not realistic. All nations spy on each other, the NSA just got caught.

The NSA didn't get "Caught" as you call it. It was exposed by one Edward Snowden.

By the way The EU has already imposed sanctions against Ukraine. The US can now follow The EU's lead

durangoherald.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join