It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lifelong Obesity Linked to Brain Atrophy and Dementia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Growing information, provides more & more reasons to control your weight and avoid obesity at all cost! If regular weight loss programs don't work for you, there are medical procedures that may be extreme but the alternative may be worse!

Nov. 22, 2004 -- Carrying too many extra pounds during your life may take its toll on your brain as well as your body, according to a new study.

content.health.msn.com...

Swedish researchers found that women who were obese throughout their adult lives were more likely to lose brain tissue, a condition known as brain atrophy that has been linked to impaired brain function and dementia.

I guess the message to us is fight fat and stay in shape, for a longer healthier and now more coherent life!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I bet women working in print shops also have an increased risk of brain and neurological malfunctions too! Wonder when we'll hear about that one.

I have a question for anyone who will bother to answer, especially the older folks. In your daily lives of work, home, school, and shopping, ect, does there seem to be a larger portion of the population who you would qualify as being fat?
I hear about it just about every day, but, well, I really don't see an overwhelming number of people that I would say are fat....I think there's been more who are worried they are fat, trying to lose weight however they can, but well, I don't see them as fat...being an overly thin person I can appreciate the virtue of having a little fat on the body!!

I was just wondering what others think?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I definetly see an increase in overweight people in my area, just walking through a local mall is an eye opener, but its even scarier at the high school level, I see an overabundance of very overweight middle and high school kids.Most of the kids are at least alittle overweigh and at least 25% are very overweight it is a scary trend.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
In the search to identify correlations between obesity and it's effect on thought patterns one may be served by looking at the following two sets of data:

1. From the source of your choosing, printout the (red/blue) maps from the last several national elections.

2. Then printout the maps for the same periods from the FDA or NIH sites on Obesity in the U.S.

Do your own analysis. It may be more instructive to download the actual data, but be forewarned that those files are massive - they overwhelmed the piddly little program I was going to try and use to take a more detailed look.

I have no idea whether the fear-mongers took the obesity trend (and the mental shift which occurs in same) into account when strategizing or not.

Hope you find this helpful...

top topics

join