It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: No more information about drone killings will be released to public

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

NO more SOUP for you !!!

Second.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm actually really starting to get worried these days.

Not because of the stuff coming from DC specifically...

But the response here at ATS. Not too long ago pretty much any thread about something government was doing was met with stupid partisan bickering between the two sides posting.

Now it's everyone saying how screwed up the gov is, and agreeing with each other.

This type of agreement seems very uncommon, which means things REALLY are getting SO bad that almost EVERYONE agrees.

Scary times.

This along with the putting g men inside newsrooms is straight up Nazi or Soviet style stuff. No more exaggerating needed, the government has totally gone rogue. I guess we were all right about the government turning into a totalitarian regime like Nazi Germany, we were just wrong about which president it would start under. Bush seems like a happy memory compared to "Obama the terrible"

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

White House: No more information about drone killings will be released to public

Well of course they won't release any further information to the public!

What they're doing is illegal and unconstitutional!

How can you run a secret totalitarian regime if everything is out in the open???

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
After it was discovered by Snowden (document disclosures) how government has been classifying information just to hide illegal and unconstitutional activities, just try to imagine what horrendous things they have planned that are being illegally classified right now, just so the public won't know until the bomb is dropped.

This administration and the last has already shown they do this and have been getting away with it..
I have always known Obama would be doing these kind of things from examining his early endeavors and his Marxist upbringing.

One of the few people in the senate that could be impeaching him are all bought off by him already... Speaker Boehner and the Majority Whip Republican Kevin McCarthy,who are both republican sell outs who basically rubber stamp Obama's wishes.

Forget voting them out, What is needed right now is to construct a big public Gallows outside the Senate and start hanging all of these scumbags.
edit on 21-2-2014 by alienreality because: check

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

beezzer

Well of course they won't release any further information to the public!

What they're doing is illegal and unconstitutional!

How can you run a secret totalitarian regime if everything is out in the open???

It sure is, and there are the more obvious reasons like this 2004 'classified' incident in Afghanistan courtesy of a German military UAV versus a A320 airliner?. I use this particular youtube channel from 2006 since many of the comments there call a hoax, and it wasn't.

There was no collision and the UAV was lost in combat so to speak
but you see the point, it was a classified military incident. So lots of military stuff gets classified, but then so does police stuff get classified, and NSA, and FBI, and NCTC, and DHS, and.....

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
The "Pending" President.....as a nickname that would fit. Everything he does is "pending..." with nothing ever 'done' to say THERE are some results to absolutely measure success or failure by. There is ALWAYS a "but...." with this one.

Tsk, tsk. I think we both know the reason you don't like Obama.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Bedlam

Wrabbit2000
The "Pending" President.....as a nickname that would fit. Everything he does is "pending..." with nothing ever 'done' to say THERE are some results to absolutely measure success or failure by. There is ALWAYS a "but...." with this one.

Tsk, tsk. I think we both know the reason you don't like Obama.

I don't know what you're talking about with that? I hope you don't mean race. I'd be more offended by the suggestion than Obama ever would be by the reality. Aside from that, he's a 50/50 racial mix to wonder which half to be mad at, anyway. He does generally seem to stand for everything in world view and overall outlook I detest most though...that is certainly a major factor.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I don't know what you're talking about with that? I hope you don't mean race.

It was a joke, hence the smiley face. You have to admit, any time the guy is criticized, it's the card they play.

I find it ironic - you don't hear nearly as much squealing from the left about Obama than you did about Bush II in a lot of areas you'd think would be important to them. War, domestic intel gathering, drones, renditions, 'harsh' interrogation. It sure seemed a big hairy deal under B2. I guess it's a good thing that something changed to make it ok now.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Ah... don't mind me... It's been a long day tending carrots.. lol..

Yes, what is most remarkable is how opposite Obama has come to be vs. Bush in some ways, while being a 4th term relative to the change after Clinton in others. Obama took Bush's coldest and most ruthless war policies of targeted assassination overseas, drone reliance for war on and off 'traditional' battlefields, and right into otherwise peaceful villages (read..populated civilian neighborhoods, if they were doing here what we're doing in nations we aren't at war with over there) as well as playing loose around things like Constitutional protections of innocence before guilt. That's where they may as well be 4 terms with slightly worse policies in my personal opinion for other Obama ideas recently.

On the other hand, they are totally opposite in that Bush couldn't do so much as look cross eyed at someone out of sheer fatigue, not anger, and not have it reported and held accountable for it in one way or the other, to near absurd levels. Bush skated on accountability in any real sense as an individual, but his Presidency was one of the most critical I've certainly ever seen in a public sense. By contrast, people joked once upon a time that Obama could outright kill someone and get away with it. Well, since that joke was first floating around, he's not only gone and actually done it on the record, with Americans no less, but this whole thing recently had been debating whether he could go and do it again...or at least tell anyone about it.

Oh.. we're doomed... lol
edit on 21-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Adjusted # of terms.. Goodness.. I almost forgot.. It'll be.. (gulp) 16 years of this by the end

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yeah, OP, the article you cite is over a year old. MAYBE the policy has changed a little since then...

In no way am I defending the Droner in Chief, but this is old, out-dated news, and I don't believe it jives with how the WH has in fact handled such attacks lately.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
I'm pretty sure Jessie's take on Drones helped play a part in the Evil Presidents decision. Check it out.

This Ora Tv thing Jessie is into may be the way of the future for real uncensored journalism. Larry King moved his show to Ora TV also so this isn't just some silly stunt.

This president and White House has to GO. I'm sure hiding this information has to be illegal in some way. They are pissed cus they got caught killing innocent bysanders by the truck loads. Obama Needs to be IN JAIL. Or hanged.. i prefer a good hanging, televised to all the kids so they can see what a real American traitor looks like Dead.

I just Freaking LOVE Jessie !!!

Kicks asses, names names ..He needs to be pres!!!! HA HA .. true story bro

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The only honest government is a one with transparency and checks and balances in place.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What we have here

Is a failure to communicate

# 177

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The horrible thing about drones is the lack of knowing whos flying it.

I see a "police" drone, i dont know if theres a policeman flying it, their use at all for war i find disgusting as is. War is hell and all that.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So much for being the most open admin in hostory.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Wait till the bust out the robots, DARPA is making great advances in this technology and some of it will be very difficult to suppress once put into use by domestic law enforcement. Soon we will be faced with not only drones and mass surveillance but android like creatures capable of decision making and, in effect enforcement capabilities. You won't be able to outrun them, or hide from them. The only defence would be making their human counterparts, those who use them, control them and build them, uncomfortable.

Such arrogance by the administration indicates to me that tptb believe they're immune to any such repercussions.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

The President takes these issues very seriously, and he believes that the conversation about this is valid and that the questions about it are legitimate.

Well how lucky for us proletariat swine! We get to participate in the big people's conversations. Too bad they don't take anything we say seriously. I mean honestly, how disrespectful and arrogant is it to say that in a press release to the American people?

"The President takes the subject of automatized murder of American citizens by the American government very seriously, and has discerned that the issue is valid. He has authorized American citizens to discuss the issue in public without threat of federal punishment."

Disgusting. I take offense to this and I'm not even American. Doesn't this kind of crap remind anyone else of, oh... I don't know, the Nazi regime or Stalin's Soviet Union?!

Jesus H. Christ, the balls on these people. 'Permitting' Americans to discuss the (now valid) "issue" of confidential drone executions of the American population whilst simultaneously withholding any sensitive information on the matter. Brilliant. I don't know whether I should toast George Orwell or slap myself in the face with one of his books

Maybe I'll do both, just to be sure

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
simple
we learn how to make the drones follow their own GPS back to where they came from and blow up there
oooopsi
how does your own meds taste now mr smoking hole in the ground?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join