It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant flaming on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I have to admit that if given a Mulligan, I would go loco on several of the newer members these days - in a heartbeat. Sorry, but it's true. Can't help it.

The pendelum has swung from extreme skepticism in the form of debunking (maybe too much of it - I personally didn't think so, but that's beside the point) to extreme paranoia in the form of being so farking gullible to every single conspiracy theory - JUST AS LONG AS IT'S ABOUT NWO, BAD U.S. GOVERNMENT, ADMIN IS THE ANTI-CHRIST, or any other myriad stupidity about government conspiracies - that this board is currently armpit deep in all out IGNORANCE

Thank you for the opportunity for me to vent my spleen, I may now be able to ignore all that for another period of time before feeling like tracking some one down and trying to slap sense into them.

Have a ignorance-induced blissful day.

Valhall, rules state you get two mulligans, one per 9. Use them wisely my friend.

Peace to ya

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hey, idiots are found on both sides...
It's best to be moderate (as in rational, questioning, researching and of lesser emotion).

And of course... Getting off the fence if it's something that can be researched by one self. If one has the time for it of course...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My this thread has entertained me no end!

Keep up the sarcastic and hilarious comments everyone!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
And by the way...you go Jonna.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

My Biggest of all problems with the board however....is the paranormal section.....there's very little debate on anything....it's mostly treated as if this is a "teaching" forum.

I suspect that's because either one believes it or not...(pick your paranormal subject)....so debate is rarer there, than on other forums. Also, unlike the other forums, it is difficult to support arguments there one way or another, as most paranormal phenomena needs to be observed, and one cannot do that over the web (at least not without claiming fakery)... Some debates have sprung up, especially concerning "ghosts" and psychic powers in general, but most either end up turning to religion and spirituality, or cryptids, etc.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Although the topic is controversial I find it an outrage that rather than discuss things of controvery people such as Thomas Crowne would rather lock topics such as this. And I am sorry that although I was trying to present the information in a satirical maner some people took it to heart or felt disgusted with the topic. But although I was given no reason on why the topic was locked Thomas Crowne decided it was for the benefit of this website. Although some may say that Bush is not attempting to erradicate the gay choice of life style, but then why would he propose a contitutional ammendment it just doesnt make sense!! Why it was less than fifty years ago when people found it controversial to be talking about interracial marriages. In the great state if Texas there is law against sodomy if thats what Bush did there imagine what his plans might be for the future down the road. And if his beliefs follow the bible then shouldnt he follow the bible in its whole, I mean if he says no gays because it says int he bible then shouldnt he say no adulterers because it says in the bible or yes inscest because it was in the bible his logic makes no sense. How is a constitutional ammendment going to help the 51% divorce rate if anything it would be my thinking that it would increase that. Just me 2 cents and now that i'm done venting you guys can try to shoot this down as well. my bad my intention was to make this a topic of its own please accept my apologies.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by Kaiser617]

[edit on 11-24-2004 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser617
In the great state if Texas there is law against sodomy if thats what Bush did there imagine what his plans might be for the future down the road.

Don't really have anything to say about your other comments, but psssssst...the sodomy law was on the Texas books WAAAAAAAY before Bush was governor.

over and out.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser617
In the great state if Texas there is law against sodomy if thats what Bush did there imagine what his plans might be for the future down the road.

Don't really have anything to say about your other comments, but psssssst...the sodomy law was on the Texas books WAAAAAAAY before Bush was governor.

over and out.

I sure am glad my sheep don't know about that law!

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Kaiser, did you post this on the right thread???

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The 'ignore' function is a wonderful tool. Takes out the trash.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
sen5e...I call it the "happy button". I'm going to do an experiment. I'm going to commit to 1 week of pressing the ignore button if I read a post that is completely unfounded and has the air of anal-origins. Mark the time 2:15 Central Time U.S. Wednesday, 24th. I shall report back next Wednesday with the official count on my ignore list.

lol...this should be fun hehehehe

(P.S. I have no one on ignore right now.)

[edit on 11-24-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

sen5e...I call it the "happy button". I'm going to do an experiment. I'm going to commit to 1 week of pressing the ignore button if I read a post that is completely unfounded and has the air of anal-origins.

I already tried this, and hit the ten-member limit on the Ignore List. I would very much like to see the limit increased, removed or increases available for sale in the Member Store.

For what it's worth, being able to ignore trolls is an excellent feature. Unfortunately, the current implementation is not sufficient to keep up with the volume of trolls.

I am getting tired of having to sort through all the trash to get the ATS gold, and as a result find myself returning to ATS less and less as time goes by. I doubt I am alone in this.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

I already tried this, and hit the ten-member limit on the Ignore List. I would very much like to see the limit increased, removed or increases available for sale in the Member Store.

TEN! I'm already up to four!

Now, there's absolutely no sport in this and you are absolutely correct...

piffle...another turkey day ruint.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The ignore button IS a nice tool to have,
BUT
If you use it, i feel it only reflects poorly on YOU.
(because you let words annoy/anger/raise some emotion that you have to "close your eyes" to because you feel too strongly about it to seemingly control yourself)

The ignore button is like your car's hazzard light button,
if you use it, there must be a big problem.

I have no problems with flame posts, they express ignorance and are easy to spot and just skip over/avoid legitimizing them by responing unless they really need a good verbal slap.

When can stink be called stink?

How will people learn anything if they have been segregated from the rest?
(or you self segregatedfrom them)

sticks and stone.....names will never hurt me.

Oh nooo, i cant handle being called a nasty name, my feelings might be hurt
booo hoo....

No amount of mandating political correctness will be able to force people to be nice to one another....love and hate are opposite ends of the same feeling. how can you seperate one from the other, how do you guage one sides value without the otherside for comparrison?

Censoring these flames because it conveniant for you to not have to overlook then in a thread is a WEAK reason to deny yourself to a viewpoint that, while potentially offensive, is held and expressed by someone else....How can you deny ignorance when you cant even point the finger at it and call it for what it appears to be?

If you cant take the heat, hide yourself from the flames, but trying to snuff the flame, denies the flamer from recieving the admonishment im sure theyd get from others or mods. How will they ever learn if they dont get to see 6 people all saying to them "that was stupid, racist, bigoted, etc, etc."

Trying to snuff the flame also denies the rest of us the opportunity to see thatpost, all because some of you cant handle it...because you feel this should be silenced doesnt mean that someone else wont support it, yet its ok to censor this for others too now eh?

Dont bother to rehash the "private board/ATS TOS rules...i know already...this isnt questioning the ATS communitys right to set its own "cultural boundaries"....its a more general question of speech issues
and how some people think freedom and devicivness arent directly related to one another.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey you know what I was thinking.
It would be great if -under everyones name- it would be visible by how many people they are currently being ignored.
This way people can see by how many people they are ignored, and everyone else notices as well. ;+)

Example:
Jakko is currently being ignored by: 5621 people
Aw better change something.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What a snobish thread. No offense, but some of you are so waaaay above it all that its sickening. I have been quietly reading these complaint threads over the past few days and I have to tell you i have not seen anything that hasnt turned my stomach. Some of you think you're so intellectualy above it all and you post here to compete against one another then you tear apart anyone who doesnt quite measure up to your standards. Others constantly moan and complain about the "left" and how ignorant we are to believe every conspiracy out there. Might i say that those of us on the left, cannot fathom anyone believing things at face value as you are determined to do. This has turned out to be a bitch and moan fest lately, and you should take a close look at yourselves. This is becoming a place where little old ladies gather to discuss their gripes about their family. Some of us dont want to feel we have to be something other than what we are just so we can be accepted.
I will be myself, speak for myself and not ever try to be someone or something i'm not just to make others happy.
If you feel strongly about the kind of poster or the education level of the poster perhaps you should make that a "qualifying" thing when newcomers enroll on ATS.
All that having been said, i look forward to some peace around here and look forward to having exchanges with all ages and all mental capacities

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
... I got to the bottom of the page reading the posts , I'd forgotten what the topic was.

I don't use the ignore button at all, but I do notice insane , silly , and not thought out posts get allot of attention, so that's the draw.

LL1

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have hit The Button once and took it off, after thinking,
in reality there is not an Ignore Button to hit...
So how do you deal in reality? Hitting The Ignore Button and
leaving it on shows.
It's like sticking your fingers in your ears, like a kid, immature kid that is.
I have no one on Ignore, if I jump into a thread and it's not
about anything, I keep it moving.

The Board is like life.... Some threads/posts you may like and want to add to...
if you don't like it, have nothing to say or something negative keep it movin'....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join