It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE Fatwa Committee Issues FATWA Against Muslims Colonizing Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
But has the space agency concerned actually figured out how to land people safely on Mars and bring them back? Then its a suicide mission and they are looking for guinea pigs.

Again .. volunteering to live your life out on a different planet isn't 'suicide' .. it's living your life to it's fullest and for the betterment and advancement of humanity. These people value life a hell of a lot more than the nutters who go around blowing people up here on earth in the name of their religion or in the name of their ideology.

Thats a parade of strawmen. Not worth responding to,...as I never suggested any of those ideas.

Actually ... your illogic in the previous statements suggested it. If people shouldn't leave Earth and go to Mars supposedly because this is where God put us ... then people shouldn't fly in airplanes because he didn't give us wings. Same superstitious error.

I'm thankful that those who invented boats didn't think they couldn't take risks to advance humanity. We'd all be grounded on dry land all because of some misplaced fear that people would anger God for daring to go out to sea when God didn't give us fins.

I"m thankful that those who invented the airplane didn't think they couldn't take risks to advance humanity. We'd all be grounded and air flight never would have been invented all because of some misplaced fear that they'd anger God for daring to fly without being born with wings.

I"m thankful that Jonas Salk wasn't afraid of somehow insulting God when he took risks and invented the Polio vaccination.

I'm thankful for those people who aren't cowards; who use their brains to help humanity; who are pioneers and trailblazers; .... I admire them a great deal. Humanity should be grateful to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

@ FlyersFan...
Again .. volunteering to live your life out on a different planet isn't 'suicide' ..

You are dodging my point. Has the space agency figured out a way to land humans safely on Mars and get them back alive? If the answer is ''no'', then its a suicide mission.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
You are dodging my point. Has the space agency figured out a way to land humans safely on Mars and get them back alive? If the answer is ''no'', then its a suicide mission.

You are dodging the facts ... if people volunteer to go live out their lives on another planet to advance the human condition ... that's NOT SUICIDE and it's not a disregard for life. If anything, it's just the opposite - people working to help humanity. People don't have to leave 'and come back'. I don't think you know what suicide is.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

@ FlyersFan...
Again .. volunteering to live your life out on a different planet isn't 'suicide' ..

in addition, once they figure out a fail proof way to send people to mars AND get them back alive, then such a mission would make sense.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

FlyersFan

sk0rpi0n

You are dodging the facts ... if people volunteer to go live out their lives on another planet to advance the human condition ... that's NOT SUICIDE and it's not a disregard for life. If anything, it's just the opposite - people working to help humanity. People don't have to leave 'and come back'. I don't think you know what suicide is.
No, I am dodging an opinion that can be somewhat respectfully dismissed as....an opinion. So answer me, have they figured out a way to safely land people on Mars and get them back? Yes or No?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

@FlyersFan..... if people volunteer to go live out their lives on another planet to....
We'll get to that point about people ''living out their lives'' once the first batch of humans make it to Mars first and then last long enough to ''live out their lives''.
edit on 21-2-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
have they figured out a way to safely land people on Mars and get them back? Yes or No?

Getting there .. yes. Getting back ... no.
And 'getting back' is irrelevant. It's not SUICIDE to go live off planet.
And therefore, the FATWA is ridiculous.

Definition of Suicide - the action of killing oneself intentionally.
And living off planet isn't killing oneself intentionally.
People dont have to be on earth at the end of their life. They can be anywhere.

I guess the good news is that, with this FATWA, it will mean that Mars will be a 'fanatic free' zone. Then again, those who follow what this particular FATWA group put out probably aren't exactly rocket scientists anyways. So it means nothing to those who would be going anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

People are only assuming it's a suicide mission.

A one way trip doesn't automatically mean they are killing themselves. With correct shelter, equipment and tools, they may all live long healthy lives out there. Humans are a pretty resilient lot.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

@ FlyersFan....Getting there .. yes. Getting back ... no.
And 'getting back' is irrelevant. It's not SUICIDE to go live off planet.
And therefore, the FATWA is ridiculous.

First, you blindly assume they have figured out a way to land them on Mars. They could die on the way there. Then you assume they've figured out how to sustain them till the end of their lives. They could die five minutes after landing there. Then the fact that they haven't figured out a way to bring people back alive makes it a one way trip...i.e- ''we will TRY and land you on Mars in one piece. Then we will TRY and keep you alive but we are 100% sure you wont make it back alive... but think of science!!''. Nothing against space exploration, but there is clearly a valid point to the ruling that a trip to Mars is asking for death. Its not aimed towards those who want to risk their lives, so go right ahead. But stop pointing fingers at those who see it from a differnt perspective.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
First, you blindly assume they have figured out a way to land them on Mars.

First, your use of the term 'blindly' is wrong. NASA says they can land someone on Mars, so they wouldn't send people unless they could land them. Just like when they sent people to the moon. They didn't 'blindly' send them up without the engineers working a plan to land them there. Your use of the term 'blindly' is wrong.

Side note - my father in law and my husband BOTH engineered on the space program.
I"m not 'blind' about anything.

They could die on the way there. Then you assume they've figured out how to sustain them till the end of their lives. They could die five minutes after landing there.

Thank God that people who invented airplanes and air travel weren't cowards. Otherwise, we'd all be sitting in caves too scared to advance humanity. Thank God that people who invented inoculations against Polio and Measles weren't cowards. Otherwise, if they were too scared to handle virus', there would be a whole lot more dead/disfigured people on the planet. etc etc

A person could die crossing the street in the city. Maybe we should all cower in our homes with the shades drawn.

Then the fact that they haven't figured out a way to bring people back alive makes it a one way trip...i.e-

Irrelevant. It's not suicide to live you life out on another planet. A person doesn't have to be on earth to die.

Like I said ... if this FATWA committee wants to hold people back and dumb them down ... whatever. The people who would follow them aren't exactly the kind that have rocket science degrees or aren't exactly the kind of people who would be interested in helping advance humanity. The FATWA means nothing except to those who 'blindly' follow this kind of thing. The rest of humanity will leave them behind, cowering in their homes with their shades drawn, as we advance and take humanity out into the future off world.

edit on 2/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

When will these moronic extremist halfwits that decide to issue these utterly stupid decree's finally decide to issue a one amongst themselves and just end it all in the name of Allah!

That would indeed be poetic justice!
LoL
edit on 23-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The human race.

Probably best that human do not leave Earth.

As for the story, I can see some kid dreaming of being the first suicide bomber on Mars. It's human.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

roadgravel
Probably best that human do not leave Earth.

Well, I suppose the FATWA will help make sure that Mars is a 'fanatic free zone'.

The space program is important for humanity. Our only hope is to colonize. This planet can't support the population. We are going to breed ourselves into extinction here. Not to mention the fact that we can't 'live and let live' .... killing over religion and ideology. Perhaps in colonizing Mars, we can send our best out into the solar system and they can start humanity over on a more positive path.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Not to mention the fact that we can't 'live and let live' .... killing over religion and ideology

So let's spread that through the universe. If mankind cannot get along with itself it should die off here.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Probably best that religious extremist fundamentalists not be allowed to leave the Earth.

Mars is a stepping stone to the rest of our Solar system and humanity as a race need to colonise i'm afraid or we are all doomed!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Its is a suicide mission!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

crazyewok
So they cant go to Mars?

I guess they can have venus then

Or they can join their brothers in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join