It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAE Fatwa Committee Issues FATWA Against Muslims Colonizing Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Whew.... I'm glad they cleared that up, and just in the nick of time too! After all, it was an urgent issue with Muslims about to launch any day now.

Well what better way to strike a blow for Jihad? commandeer the rocket and crash it into a city somewhere. I am surprised they do not ask the muslims on the crew to do that and be good muslims. I swear. Whats next? a FATWA against breathing air?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Woodcarver
Perhaps this fatwah is a fake perpetrated by fundy christians who just dont want to sit next to a muslim on the flight.

I dunno ... it's being reported by the UAE press as well as fairly reliable sources like the Washington Times. Like I said ... if it's a fake or a hoax ... they've done a good job with it. I WISH it was fake .... but at this point it looks to be real.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is just the tip the iceberg when it comes to restrictive religions and activities and acknowledgements about what it means to look out there and contemplate the various types of challenges are there.

This simple(minded) example from a religious authority is but the beginning. It shows quite plainly what to expect from outdated and restrictive religions once signs of life are found on other planets. How will they react when UFO ETs finally make themselves known or when we simple acknowledge intelligent signals from a distant planet?

You should be wondering if some activities in our world today by the modern mostly Western powers to bring about a New World Order does not have a secondary purpose to de-radicalize some of the worst offenders to human rights and modern thinking. Some of those efforts to varying degrees for an up-graded change is working right among us. Basically, most religions in our world today desperately need manner of overhaul to accommodate progressive (not necessarily in a political sense) views that will become absolute facts once we acknowledge that other life forms and entities share the Universe with us. In other words, the reasons for various activities such as mass immigration, cooperative space ventures, regime changes and foreign aid may not always be exactly the motive reasons you are told. The eventual goal is for a homogenized world, equal in most regards. That stable status can be accomplished with the cooperation of most governments working together, but the wild card of extreme religions must be tamped down to a manageable form in the building of a rational world. And, of course, the focus must be applied to particular countries to bring about those changes. And we see that being done.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I think you have a misunderstanding about what a fatwa is. What this means is an Imam has explained why this is against Islamic law in his beliefs. Sort of like a legal brief an attorney gives a judge. The Imam pleads his case as to why he thinks this violated Islamic law now this doesnt mean by going against this someone will kill you or even thats your breaking islamic law. Since you may not follow this Imam so his opinions mean nothing to you. The only ones who would care is the people that follow this particular scholar. Now in the article they say a fatwa was issued though i have doubts on this one. Because the person the quote in the article doesnt have the power to do that. Hes an islamic professor and scientists but im going to use that term real loosely since his science is based on Islamic interpretation of science.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Aliensun It shows quite plainly what to expect from outdated and restrictive religions once signs of life are found on other planets. How will they react when UFO ETs finally make themselves known or when we simple acknowledge intelligent signals from a distant planet?

About 6 years ago I worked with a woman who is a fundamentalist Christian. She was adamant that there is no such thing as aliens or life on other worlds. She said that if there was, it would be in the bible. And since it (according to her) wasn't there, then there isn't any ... and any talk about aliens is demonic.

I said .. 'the fallen angels and nephilim are really aliens' ...
I said .. 'germs aren't in the bible, but they are real' ...
I said .. 'America isn't in the bible, but it's real' ...
etc etc

But nothing moved her from her absolute (and erroneous) belief that since her interpretation of the bible didn't say there were aliens, then any talk about them was demonic. I'm sure if an alien ship landed on her lawn she'd either stroke out and have a breakdown from the realization that she was wrong ... or she'd grab her bible and start quoting it to be rid of the 'demons'.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So they cant go to Mars?

I guess they can have venus then

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So they cant go to Mars?

I guess they can have venus then

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Funny how they proclaim they are speaking for god in this. They should maybe have a little more faith in that if a Muslim soul brother or soul sister goes then they will be protected by god since it is god purpose for that soul that is important not their opinion on the purpose.

I am many times amazed what priest in all man made religion dare say these things without thinking of the consequences to themselves in the end when they meet their karma/judgement. It is almost like they are atheists who do not really believe in god but use a garment to play around with other peoples lives.

From my point of view this is a breakage of Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. "You shall not condemn your neighbour without reason". I am not saying that gods purpose is that all Muslim should go to Mars nut if there is only one soul that is meant to go there and these people are trying to stop it then they are in fact in the way of gods purpose. That can have serious consequences.

But then if the Sunni/Salafist/Wahabi (Arabs) will not go then there are probably a Sufi or Shia that can go instead.

edit on 20-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The page of the organisation
www.awqaf.ae...

The prince that is the chairman of the organisation
www.awqaf.ae...

Yoga not legal in Malaysia. Lol.
experiencingtheemirates.blogspot.se...

New fatwa against chicken Doux, KFC, Carrefour, Tilly-Sabco and others
www.al-kanz.org...

It is scary what happens when the leaders of a country (Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirate) takes control over how scripture is supposed to be interpreted to be Islam.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Aliensun It shows quite plainly what to expect from outdated and restrictive religions once signs of life are found on other planets. How will they react when UFO ETs finally make themselves known or when we simple acknowledge intelligent signals from a distant planet?

About 6 years ago I worked with a woman who is a fundamentalist Christian. She was adamant that there is no such thing as aliens or life on other worlds. She said that if there was, it would be in the bible. And since it (according to her) wasn't there, then there isn't any ... and any talk about aliens is demonic.

I said .. 'the fallen angels and nephilim are really aliens' ...
I said .. 'germs aren't in the bible, but they are real' ...
I said .. 'America isn't in the bible, but it's real' ...
etc etc

But nothing moved her from her absolute (and erroneous) belief that since her interpretation of the bible didn't say there were aliens, then any talk about them was demonic. I'm sure if an alien ship landed on her lawn she'd either stroke out and have a breakdown from the realization that she was wrong ... or she'd grab her bible and start quoting it to be rid of the 'demons'.

And a possible report back from that encounter. This specie is highly aggressive and makes strange loud noises while waving some kind of coal based tool that we thing was some form of primitive weapon since we escaped unharmed. Avoid at all costs since they are very scary.

Sorry could not help myself
edit on 20-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Who needs barren red deserts when you can have a paradise of 72 virgins.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
While going to Mars sounds exciting, it definitely is a ''suicide'' mission...or more gently, a ''one way trip''. The people behind this mission haven't figured out how to safely land humans on Mars and bring them back alive, so obviously, given their status as a non-military organization, they don't value human life...and people volunteering for this one way trip don't value their lives. I'd suggest they send inmates sentenced to death. It obviously won't be a one time thing though, they would need to repeat this exercise several times, perhaps over several generations to try and figure out how to colonize Mars....if there is enough money to fund them.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Also, I wonder if its been Divinely decreed that humans aren't supposed to leave this planet. I wonder if any attempts to send humans to Mars would be equivalent to humans building ''the tower of Babel'', which was intended to help humans gain access to places beyond earth. Maybe space and other planets are meant to be ''seen'' but not touched. God knows best.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
While going to Mars sounds exciting, it definitely is a ''suicide'' mission...or more gently, a ''one way trip''.

A one way trip isn't 'suicide'. They plan to live their lives out on Mars .... advancing our understanding of science ... making it possible to colonize Mars so as to continue the human species.

The people behind this mission ... they don't value human life

That's an extreme statement. Prove it. The only hope humanity has for a continued existence is to colonize. This planet is doomed. Doomed due to overpopulation, pollution, and fanatics killing each other over religion and money. Those going to Mars and those backing the mission value human life much more than most humans who live on this planet. They are doing something to try to continue the species once this planet is used up.

...and people volunteering for this one way trip don't value their lives..

Another extreme statement. Prove it. Good luck with that.

sk0rpi0n
I wonder if its been Divinely decreed that humans aren't supposed to leave this planet.

Wow. That statement makes me glad that this country is run by secular rule and not religious rule. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have any advancements in medicine or science.

Divine decree - Humans aren't supposed to have inoculations so people should be left to die from polio ... Divine decree - Humans aren't supposed to fly so no airplanes ... Divine decree - Humans shouldn't have surgery so people should be left to die from Cancer ... etc etc

I wonder if any attempts to send humans to Mars would be equivalent to humans building ''the tower of Babel'',

There is no such thing as 'The Tower of Babel'. It's a creation-myth that primitive man made up in order to explain how different groups of people developed different languages. Different languages came about naturally in the different population pockets throughout the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Violating a law, including an Islamic law by definition directly implies a crime has been committed.

Under law, including Islamic law, if a crime has been committed there is a punishment / penalty to be suffered.

Usually, Islamic law is harsher than criminal law in respect of punishments and penalties.

'...Take not life, which God has made sacred, except by way of justice and law.' is from the Koran, 6:151.

The latter half of that sentence is applicable.

Suicide is a deliberate ending of ones life.

Risky undertakings in the name of science is not deliberately ending ones life...the imam was incorrect, his definition of what is 'risk' versus what is 'deliberately killing oneself', is flawed.

By his definition, it could be argued driving a car, riding a horse or being careless around cattle is akin to suicide and issue a FATWA against these and all other risk associated endevours, since they are all risky practices and have indeed led to the premature end to peoples lives.

Risk, calculated risk even if that risk ends in death, is very different to deliberate suicide.

edit on 21-2-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

@FlyersFan
A one way trip isn't 'suicide'. They plan to live their lives out on Mars .... advancing our understanding of science
Sounds great. But has the space agency concerned actually figured out how to land people safely on Mars and bring them back? Then its a suicide mission and they are looking for guinea pigs. So yeah, don't value human life

The only hope humanity has for a continued existence is to colonize. This planet is doomed. Doomed due to overpopulation, pollution, and fanatics killing each other over religion and money. Those going to Mars and those backing the mission value human life much more than most humans who live on this planet. They are doing something to try to continue the species once this planet is used up.
problem is that they haven't figured out how to land people safely on mars yet so the mission would involve deaths. Volunteers are basically crash test dummies.

Wow. That statement makes me glad that this country is run by secular rule and not religious rule. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have any advancements in medicine or science.

Divine decree - Humans aren't supposed to have inoculations so people should be left to die from polio ... Divine decree - Humans aren't supposed to fly so no airplanes ... Divine decree - Humans shouldn't have surgery so people should be left to die from Cancer ... etc
Thats a parade of strawmen. Not worth responding to,...as I never suggested any of those ideas.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

@ MysterX.... By his definition, it could be argued driving a car, riding a horse or being careless around cattle is akin to suicide and issue a FATWA against these and all other risk associated endevours, since they are all risky practices and have indeed led to the premature end to peoples lives.

By that logic, there should be a fatwa against eating food as people can die from choking. Absolutely ridiculous. In this case, a trip to Mars when humans have NOT YET figured out a way to land people on Mars safely...IS life threatening and essentially a ''one way trip''. You wouldn't allow yourself or a loved one to become a human guinea pig, so you have no right to cheer on other humans to fly to Mars knowing they wont make it back.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n

@ MysterX.... By his definition, it could be argued driving a car, riding a horse or being careless around cattle is akin to suicide and issue a FATWA against these and all other risk associated endevours, since they are all risky practices and have indeed led to the premature end to peoples lives.

By that logic, there should be a fatwa against eating food as people can die from choking. Absolutely ridiculous. In this case, a trip to Mars when humans have NOT YET figured out a way to land people on Mars safely...IS life threatening and essentially a ''one way trip''. You wouldn't allow yourself or a loved one to become a human guinea pig, so you have no right to cheer on other humans to fly to Mars knowing they wont make it back.

You're pointing out the ridiculous nature of the Imams argument, not mine.

You're right, backing up my point about risky endevours being interpretted as 'suicide' is indeed ridiculous and completely incorrect.

Islamists are among the worlds greatest pioneers. Over the centuries, Islamic peoples have brought about many innovations, academic, engineering and scientific.

Many of these innovations involved risk, some highly risky involving experimental practices where the conclusions and ramifications were unknown...or in other words, the risk involved was deemed worth the potential benefit.

A scientific experiment, such as a voyage of discovery to another world, undertaken by people who obviously would rather survive the experience than not, but are equally willing to endure the uncertainty of risk for the potential benefit to mankind, is exactly the same thing as endured by Islamic pioneers throughout Islamic history.

People who take risks to further the Human condition are not deliberately committing suicide, but deliberately committing risk.

Therein lays the huge, gulf of difference between deliberate suicice and calculated risk.

you keep mentioning a landing on Mars...as far as i'm aware, nobody is proposing to fire a rocket at Mars and deliberately crash it through the thin atmosphere to see how far it will bury itself into the surface!

A landing system and procedure WILL be part fo the design you know. There no guarantees in any risky endevour, and any craft may well end up failing and crashing to the surface..however, the difference is, the craft and the people inside will not intentionally be doing so.

Not suicide, but risky.

BTW..guinea pigs are lab animals with absolutely zero choice in what Humans do to experiment on them...Human beings offerring themselves have 100% choice and are choosing to participate. So they and the comparison are not even remotely similar.

Your argument and opposition on Humans going on a mission to Mars ultimately boils down to one principle...should Humans only be permitted to die on Earth?

edit on 21-2-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
Also, I wonder if its been Divinely decreed that humans aren't supposed to leave this planet. I wonder if any attempts to send humans to Mars would be equivalent to humans building ''the tower of Babel'', which was intended to help humans gain access to places beyond earth. Maybe space and other planets are meant to be ''seen'' but not touched. God knows best.

If you are meant not to go then you will be told so directly. The urge some have to leave earth was created for a reason to make humans seek the highest level of god and work in symbiosis with god. There is a quarantine in effect on humans but the people who try to pass that one will know they are very much in over their head when they pass that one without permission on all levels.

sk0rpi0n if you feel you should not go then follow that instinct. God have special paths for everyone that fit gods purpose for that soul.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join