It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constitution Under Attack--Again (FCC to monitor newsrooms)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Well, the Obama administration is at it again. Now the Federal Communications Administration (FCC) wants to have a representative in radio and television news rooms to "monitor" (can you say control) what news is being presented, who decides the news and why. The First Amendment of the U. S. Constitution guarantees the freedom of the press. Instead of the government "monitoring" the press just the opposite should be happening. The press should be asking the same questions of the government regulatory bodies as to their philosophy, who decides on the decisions and why. Unfortunately, under this administration and most of the "main stream" media is just a propaganda arm of the administration.

Constitution Under Attack--Again (FCC to monitor newsrooms)

The Obama administration has devised a program whereby Federal Communication Commission inspectors will be tasked to enter news rooms and determine how producers and directors choose what stories to go on air with.

I have no problem with this, as long as they use this to drive a state sponsored religion, confiscate our firearms, end due process, etc., etc., ad nauseum, ad inifnitum.

Had enough of the tyrant?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Already been covered here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still, I find it absurd and its only getting worse
edit on 20-2-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

Already been covered here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still, I find it absurd

Damn, did a search and nothing came up.

I think the T&C allows it in one news forum and one additional forum. Either way, at least the word is out.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I can't believe how blatant they are about violating the Constitution.

I can't believe how some people don't see anything wrong with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Personally I think most news channels are just political commercials. But what I got from the link in the other post on this subject was the racial thing. So once again Racism rears up its ugly head where there is no racism.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
While I can't stand censorship in any form, I do have to say that the article may not be all it's cracked up to be, they can't even get the name of the agency right...

It's the Federal Communications Commission not the Federal Communications Administration.. or at least that's what it says on my license...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

vkey08
While I can't stand censorship in any form, I do have to say that the article may not be all it's cracked up to be, they can't even get the name of the agency

True, he got that wrong but the story is accurate as other sites are reporting this as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

vkey08
While I can't stand censorship in any form, I do have to say that the article may not be all it's cracked up to be, they can't even get the name of the agency

True, he got that wrong but the story is accurate as other sites are reporting this as well.

Yeah I saw that later in the day, although it's not a plan to put people in there to censor the news, it's actually for the purposes of a study they want to do to see how the news is decided, one of the FCC COmmissioners thinks it could be perverted into something else, but it is only a proposal, and then only for a study to be conducted, so it is still fearmongering...

Although i agree with the commissioner, it COULD be perverted into worse..

(Heck even Limbaugh is noting that it is just a proposal from a private organization to the FCC for a Study to be conducted, if that says anything and he's violently against even the study)
edit on 2022014 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

vkey08
Yeah I saw that later in the day, although it's not a plan to put people in there to censor the news, it's actually for the purposes of a study they want to do to see how the news is decided...

Honestly, I do not want them in there even for that. I have a rather healthy distrust of the Federal Government and anything they seem to get their hands on ends up rife with avenues of corruption regardless of how noble the intentions were at the outset.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

vkey08
Yeah I saw that later in the day, although it's not a plan to put people in there to censor the news, it's actually for the purposes of a study they want to do to see how the news is decided...

Honestly, I do not want them in there even for that. I have a rather healthy distrust of the Federal Government and anything they seem to get their hands on ends up rife with avenues of corruption regardless of how noble the intentions were at the outset.

Then you should have also noticed that when this one commissioner stated his fear that the administration could pervert it to something else, that they backed away from doing the study lest they be agents of censorship...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

vkey08
Then you should have also noticed that when this one commissioner stated his fear that the administration could pervert it to something else, that they backed away from doing the study lest they be agents of censorship...

I looked but found nothing at this point indicating the FCC would not move forward with their desire to infiltrate news rooms. Can you please direct me to the link? Thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The sad thing is, these "monitors" need not do anything and it will likely affect news reporting.

Imagine you are running a business and the Mafia sends in a "monitor" to do nothing but learn ....

Imagine you are political group who is interested in promoting conservative values and the FBI sends in someone to "monitor" your efforts so they can learn about your management system and how decisions are made....

Chilling....

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
...and the United States only sent "advisers" to Vietnam. What came after these "advisers"? ARMED TROOPS. It starts out as benevolent, but inevitably becomes much more....and by then, you're in up to your neck, and going back is impossible.

I say, keep these "monitors" out of the news rooms, for ANY reasons. Want to know how things work, then ask for the news organization to explain it if they wish. But, keep those govt "monitors" away from the premises.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

bbracken677
Imagine you are political group who is interested in promoting conservative values and the FBI sends in someone to "monitor" your efforts so they can learn about your management system and how decisions are made....

Chilling....

Exactly what the Radio Television Digital News Association said, chilling.

top topics

join