It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Science: The Occult Roots of the Space Program

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

yeahright
reply to post by DJW001

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think the point was more Parsons' relative invisibility in the history books relative to those of Goddard or von Braun, not his more esoteric occult interests being ignored.

Personally, I think the fact Parsons had no accredited education and therefore no institution flacking for him did the most to cause his relative anonymity. That and the lack of publicly available papers. A lot of what he's responsible for is still classified, I believe.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The movie of his life is almost a natural. Goddard, von Braun, and Parsons, teamed together in the public's eye, as they should be. They shouldn't do it without big name players in the parts - man, they should have one of those old-fashioned actress roll-outs, like with Vivian Leigh, for whoever gets to play Cameron.

Josh, I watched your video again with the point of view that Parsons was playing with more dark magick than I knew, because I still experience his light side - but from that darker viewpoint it was spot on. lol. And you do look a lot like Parsons, pretty cool. So it's all point of view, and I wasn't accepting yours enough. Man, you did Jack Parson's legacy a service, in just getting the word out there that there was such a person. Goddard, von Braun, and Parsons. That's the truth of the matter, it was a three-person first-tier (or am I missing someone, I don't know the entire history) who initiated the space age.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Bybyots
reply to post by Aleister

And Parsons, maybe he was into darker magick.

And I wanted to add that I don't personally see the occult roots of the space program here, but the science fiction roots of the space program. I think as much is also expressed by the interviewees in the OPs video.

Anyhow, that's enough of that for me for the time being, if you want to see a Jack Parsons analogue from essentially the same era Google "Don Blanding" and check out his art and poetry. No, they had nothing to do with one another, I am only trying to illustrate how particular times shape particular men and women and they in turn re-express the zeitgeist through art, literature, science and poetry.

It is the mystery of fashion and design (maybe an example would be my avatar, which is a crop of an image of an iphone case).

edit on 20-2-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

Don Blanding was great, thank you. His stuff looks like the covers of really good science fiction books (have't read the poetry yet, I do want to go back and explore him much more). And you are spot-on, Science Fiction, at least in the Parson's accomplishment line, created the Space Age. It encouraged it, it made it real in the readers imaginations, and one of those readers was Jack Parsons, who had the energy and know how to bring it about.

And I went back over my posts in this thread, and I was a real Richard to Josh at times. I guess I'm a defender, and so defending Parsons, who would laugh his back off and say he needed no defending. If he wanted to destroy the earth, like some people say, and start it over again, then his real accomplishment wasn't the space age but the inter-continental missile, which are essentially what was used to launch humans into space which could muck things up quite well if released. I thought it was all about feminism and freedom, and some say the Working was about destroying the planet. I'm not read enough on the subject to know which one is accurate, but it sure does enlarge the point of view! Thanks!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
For way more info about Parsons, Hubbard, etc.. and much more tangential information watch this lecture by author Peter Levenda:

edit on 21-2-2014 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Always something to entertain and provide humor on ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

nitro67
For way more info about Parsons, Hubbard, etc.. and much more tangential information watch this lecture by author Peter Levenda:

edit on 21-2-2014 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

I have that video in my favourites. As you say in other words it is a 'must listen' for all on this thread, with all the information contained in it. The weird 'American orthodox Catholic church' with no priests, no congregation and only Bishops is something else, and the weird Bishops like J.E.Hoover, another who knew L.H.Oswald and the murders etc.
edit on 22-2-2014 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The thing is..to me anyway, when I first listened to that Levenda video not so long ago, I kept thinking to myself, "Why does this guy resemble Neil Armstrong so much" and yet that didn't make much sense, he doesn't look like him, it can't be any way of how Neil would express himself as Neil, while he did do speeches and interviews they are as rare as hen's teeth.
Then it dawned on me, what Levenda's whole drift does, is make a real sense of what Neil Armstrong was referring to in his famous cryptic speech, including "Peeling away truth's protective layer/s"

Hidden technology.. not as in secret technology, but as in denied technology and hidden agenda, you could it 'Techgenda'. None of which will make it to the plebs any day soon, unless the plebs get stuck into doing things for themselves.

Neil was a military man one day, and the next a civilian, NACA to NASA, he would have known however that nothing actually changed, he had his WTF moment, although I guess he didn't swear too much, maybe he just said Feck if he knew the Irish.

Just to add, Ironically the video clip is from the daft documentary about no Moon landings, the cooey actress narrator is about to make a different take on Neil's remarks.
edit on 22-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

That was a good, informative video. (Not too long either!) Thanks for posting it.
edit on 22-2-2014 by saucepan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This was a great video to watch. I had no idea that some of the founders in NASA were occultists. I knew there was some strange activity there due to their mission badges but I was unaware how deep this went. The obvious symbolism in the mission badges lend to the occult and Illuminati - but I figured the mission badges came after the agency was formed.

The interview was excellent, and gave a great expository to the history behind this man, and what he was up to. I had no clue who he even was. Very good work, thank you for sharing with us!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There are good sources on Parsons mysterious life such as Peter Moon’s books and the great trilogy Sinister Forces by Peter Levenda, such as his relationship with Israel and how he lost his security clearance and could no longer work with the JPL on rocket science for the military. Also his rocky relationship with Hubbard and how Hubbard ripped him off for his girlfriend and money and had Parsons going down to Florida to get his cash and boats from Hubbard by a storm curse he put on Hubbard in a boat so he could retrieve his stolen goods.

Though there is no clear proof he was murdered there is much suspicion that he may have been, either by the government or a certain policeman who had a grudge against him.

Also Parsons, nor Aleister Crowley were Satanists nor black magicians as so often mentioned, they were practicing Enochian magicians

edit on 22-2-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Plenty of nutters out there into all kinds of things, some of the most scientifically minded people have some of the most peculiar believes in the most bizarre of things, Oppenheimer had his quirks, and so did every singe other working on the atom bomb project, and pretty much every and all other projects out there had and has a few on team who believed all kinds of thing or even believed they could do all kinds of magic, however for the majority there magic powers sucked. Some of them become popular, in fact generally the more nuttier and more awe type persona you put out, the likelier it is you will attract a cult or following.

In fact its not that hard to do, as has been shown time and time again. Our current media and Hollywood replicates such phenomenon on a yearly to monthly basis with there new starlets which fade into obscurity time and time again, it is the same process as the cult leader phenomenon done on a different scale.

As for rocket science being magic, well everything in existence is a form of magic you can say as everything is merely just interpretations of energies. Or you can just call it something else such as "rocket science" it all generally involves the same things, the right formulas, such as propulsion formulas, the timing and ingredients. And as in any magic the right chemicals and combinations are required to take things off the ground, in this case that chemical being mostly rocket fuel. And off course lets not forget the right incantations are required to catalyst the minds to that which you are trying to create, such as the wording required to structure the whole effort of sending a rocket into space and eliminate any variables in there unfocused minds, ie the rocket science jargon to structure the human minds involved to focus the spell and bring it to life, and yes its the same in everything including the atom bomb project, in fact the whole schooling thing is just a process of programing such things into a focus point and fulcrum. And off-course there are other incantations required for sending a rocket to the moon such as ie the Math involved pages and pages of it, all done on a different computational level now no doubt ie computers.

Its all a spell you see...All magic, even that computer your typing on is a form of magic. Or you can just call it something else, what you call it is what it will become. Magic is just a word that is used when people do not understand the processes involved. Such as in the case of this Jack Parsons or L. Ron Hubbard that you mentioned. But just because they dont know what and why they are doing the things there doing does not mean its ineffectual. Were all congs in a machine you see, and some just have bad luck, and can see the strings and gears turning, while to everybody else its merely just how things are, and the thought would not even come into there heads that there surroundings are peculiar or more to them, just the nature of things.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Found this interesting...

Death: 1952

Parsons and Cameron had decided to travel to Mexico for a few months.[115] On the day before they planned to leave, June 17, 1952, he received a rush order of explosives for a film set, and he began work on it at his house.[116] In the midst of this project an explosion destroyed the lower part of the building, during which Parsons sustained fatal wounds including an amputated right forearm, a broken left arm, both legs broken, and a "gaping hole" in his jaw. Despite these critical injuries, Parsons was found conscious and groaning in pain by upstairs neighbors. He attempted to communicate with arriving emergency services, who rushed him to the Huntingdon Memorial Hospital, where he was declared dead around 37 minutes after the explosion, aged 37

-Source: Wiki

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I know deep down there is truth to all the space conspiracys out there everything from whats happening up there right now and on other planets in our solar system all the way back to the 1940s when the programs first started. But at the end of the day were is the proof? All we have are rumors and other peoples reserch. No black and white proof.thinking about it now its 2014. We are using technology that was in prototype stages 20 years ago while we should be in this day and age be practically cyborgs. Driving around in flying cars and living on multiple planets. I head rumors over the past 10 years many times from many different sources that black budget technology is 80 years ahead of civilian prototype technology. Im begining to have thoughts the whole space program started long before the 1940s now.

edit on 23-2-2014 by Abavs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Been interested in this particular subject for a few years now. Caught a youtube video about "Jack" a few years back and have been looking into research on him since. Its odd that someone so intwined into the formation of JPL and has his crater on the side of the moon we never see , is so steep into the occult "Black magic" of Alistar Crowley. The whole Mystery Babalon magic ritual in and of itself should give pause to most people as its implications indicate that he was trying to set into motion the end times prophecies of revelations.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

PainGod

Been interested in this particular subject for a few years now. Caught a youtube video about "Jack" a few years back and have been looking into research on him since. Its odd that someone so intwined into the formation of JPL and has his crater on the side of the moon we never see , is so steep into the occult "Black magic" of Alistar Crowley. The whole Mystery Babalon magic ritual in and of itself should give pause to most people as its implications indicate that he was trying to set into motion the end times prophecies of revelations.

Alistar Crowley, well im not sure what casting demons out of a hat and playing with black magic has to do with the secret space program. But yes I have seen that Documentary. If its the same one you watched I liked the scary music in that one.

Next the old and new testaments of the bible both refer to aliens and ufos. I liked the story were the father and son are walking and one of them gets abducted from the sky above by a giant bird and is taken into the heavens (space)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok, some occult obsessed westerner did some initial work that helped create the JPL.

This is a cute factoid. Little more than that. I don't know what bearing it has on any science done today at JPL. And by the blatant erasure of his name from their history JPL has pretty much spoken their stance on it.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

xorex
Ok, some occult obsessed westerner did some initial work that helped create the JPL.

This is a cute factoid. Little more than that. I don't know what bearing it has on any science done today at JPL. And by the blatant erasure of his name from their history JPL has pretty much spoken their stance on it.

I'm not going to argue with your implication that there's little significance between Parson's occult interest and his rocket work. That may or may not be the case. But I'll go ahead and argue the "did some initial work that helped create the JPL" part.

Parsons spent his youth and young adult years, not to mention the entirety of his later adult years doing experiment after experiment with rockets and, in particular, rocket engine fuel. This work had only been done before to the extent of providing explosive power for "backyard" rockets or for industrial uses like mining operations. Developing fuel as a source for rocketry was an extremely new area for which there were very few sources of inspiration (outside of science fiction) and experimentation. Not one university had any sort of specialty area that covered this field.

Parsons was without question a major pioneer in this field. His work with solid and liquid fuels was critical for the development of jet-assisted take-off mechanisms and his foundational work was and is the backbone of rocketry (i.e., missiles, propulsion into space). The space shuttle itself used propulsion that was directly the result of Parson's development of liquid and solid-state rocket fuel.

Parsons did not work alone. Form an early age, he partnered with others who had talents where he had deficiencies. He was not an engineer, nor a mathematician, nor a chemist, officially. And without a college degree, official connection with a university or other credentials, he still managed to find funding and accomplish major work. He did, in fact, spend years working at Caltech, even if it was in an unofficial capacity and without a direct employment link.

Specifically, his accomplishment of finding a way to consistently slow-burn solid fuel was a major breakthrough that could be determined to have had significant affects on the course of world events.

There's a reason why the Jet Propulsion Laboratory was created, after all. And Jack Parsons was a critical, instrumental player.

I've spent some time considering why he is neglected. On the one hand, there's the lack of credentials and university sponsorship (again, this is only in an "official" capacity - there's no question that Caltech, in many ways, sponsored Parson and his partners' work, in reality). People say there were no scientific papers, but there were. On the other hand, there's the occult stuff. I can't say for sure how much that mattered ... I tend to believe it was more the deciding factor than his credentials. Because despite a lack of them, he produced incredible results, time and time again.

It is weird to me, though, that after all these years, people and institutions would still care. Because either way, history is history and he did what he did. It's at the point where his apparent quasi-expulsion (we are, after all, talking about him and not his partners or other rocketry pioneers) from the record raises more questions than not. If the occult stuff was just relegated to a seldom-seen footnote, ultimately, people would care less about it than they actually do, since he is conspicuously absent from places he ought not to be.

In some ways, a life cut short, but nevertheless, well-lived, provided Parsons with the last laugh. He's almost like a Forrest Gump in the world of 20th century science and weirdness with an irresistible biography that includes brushes with Goddard, von Braun, Howard Hughes, Hubbard, Crowley, Heinlein, Bradbury, John Carradine and, thanks to Caltech, a cavalcade of the world's best and brightest scientific thinkers.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

that was a really interesting video. so many wierd links between all those people of various backgrounds.

strange to say the least. thanks for that!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Notheycant
Hey Guys,

Today we're diving into a subject I find to be criminally unexplored in the conspiracy community: John "Jack" Whiteside Parsons. For those of you who aren't familiar with Mr. Parsons, he was an experimental rocket scientist whose work helped the United States win wars and reach the moon. He also performed black magic rituals with L. Ron Hubbard, declared himself to be the Antichrist and masturbated onto "magical" tablets in hopes of creating a "Moon Child" fit to live in outer space that would destroy and rebuild the world as we know it.

What's most remarkable about all of this is that the majority of it isn't conspiracy at all--Parsons' occult connections and bizarre proclivities are well documented historical facts. The greatest conspiracy lies in the fact that he his name is barely mentioned in science and history books despite his being an absolutely instrumental figure in the development of rocket science. When we toured Jet Propulsion Laboratories (one of the institutions he helped create) for the segment, every founder was mentioned by name except for him.

We had the pleasure of interviewing two authors of books on Parsons as well as L.A. historian Norman Klein for the segment (also look out for some very special footage of the late, great Robert Anton Wilson taken from a Parsons doc by YouTube user Cybervue). What have you guys heard about Parsons, and why do you think such a blatant (and true!) conspiracy hasn't been discussed more in our community? Let's get a good discussion going to prepare for next week's DTOM episode that dives deeper into the specifics of the Moon Child and Parsons' vision for the future, I'm really interested to hear what everyone has to say!

Bye TV,

Josh LeCash

Thats truly amazing, I never knew any of this. Talk about hiding history from the American public. This guy name should be on everything at JPL, but they hid him. I wonder what he found out doing all his occult and rocketry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join