It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden Science: The Occult Roots of the Space Program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

Great video Josh. This is the sort of content and the style of the video (editing) will get more people engaging.

S&F my man!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is it just me or does the host of the video and jack Parson's look alike?

Interesting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

ObservingYou
I've been working on the same subject over at another forum, which I'm not allowed to link..

Extra Info:

eventsfinal.blogspot.co.uk...

www.ctlsoftware.co.uk...

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

www.terrorism-illuminati.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...-_THE_ROLE_OF_RITUAL_IN_THE_UFO_MYSTERY

can you PM me the Link you were not allowed to post.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

That just was my take on what Hubbard had said. I have no idea if Crowley would have liked Hubbard if they'd met and talked, but he might have. Hubbard did them all, himself included, a huge disservice when he did what he did to Parsons, and that was an eviI act which Hubbard lost a lot of credibility for. I'm not a member of the A:A, nor have been to Pasadena. I like reading Crowley's material, but I haven't in quite awhile. My user name actually comes from another website as a pun on Alice in Chains, which I carried over here when nobody else had it, but lost the chains. I have read Hubbard's books and knew someone well who worked with his material, and from what I know it fit quite well. Not the organization though.

And Parsons, maybe he was into darker magick. I don't know the details. That's not my area of knowledge.

EDIT: And Hubbard was still quite young in '46, he was given whatever quality gifts he had only much later, when he was earning them. He may have earned a little of that for the Babalon Working, which I think is a major turning point in lots of things, and then when he was older he got some of the guidance to do what he did. Still was a jerk at times, but he probably worked a lot of that out when he was given his own auditing, which was quite often. So the Hubbard who Parsons knew may have become a different Hubbard by the time he was accomplishing his life's work.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, sure, I mean the guy tried to make a Moon Child, of of course the didn't mention him. Makes one wonder just how many other organizations have "mystical" roots.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Interesting! Good job digging up this and making the video.

kudos!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

And Parsons, maybe he was into darker magick.

I think that Jack liked it as dark as he could get it, but I don't think that we should necessarily believe any more strongly in Jack Parson's personal darkness just because he believed it; that goes for Crowley, too.

I think it puts us at a better vantage point for understanding the whole panoply if we maintain Jack Parsons as a guy struggling to accommodate and creatively channel the zeitgeist of his time, which was in the middle 1940s. And he did that, he was a sort of science fiction geek hippy-prototype and he blazed a path that many silly young people follow to this day.

And I wanted to add that I don't personally see the occult roots of the space program here, but the science fiction roots of the space program. I think as much is also expressed by the interviewees in the OPs video.

Anyhow, that's enough of that for me for the time being, if you want to see a Jack Parsons analogue from essentially the same era Google "Don Blanding" and check out his art and poetry. No, they had nothing to do with one another, I am only trying to illustrate how particular times shape particular men and women and they in turn re-express the zeitgeist through art, literature, science and poetry.

It is the mystery of fashion and design (maybe an example would be my avatar, which is a crop of an image of an iphone case).

edit on 20-2-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

So he did like dark dark magick? I never knew that. I took his Babalon Working, which may be his main occult action (or am I wrong there? My knowledge is limited on that, it seems to be his main one) as full of light, as a holy very long ceremony. To bring the Goddess back into society, much of which has come to pass, and to have it happen in such a way and among these particular people, feels right to me. And that's not to excuse Hubbard in any way, but I still think the trade off may have worked well for everyone. Or was Parsons that devastated, if so I didn't realize that. That's why I like these discussions and the site's motto, I'm learning a lot here, thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yes, Aleister.

Dadgum, man, I don't want to spoil your vision of the whole thing and I think it's really neat that you have derived such an appreciation of those events and those people.

I guess one way I can try to explain is that what we are dealing with here are the traces left in writing, everything from personal correspondence to great novels, of one long trail of developing society and culture.

What went down around Parsons, and the reason I connect him the way I do to the "zeitgeist" of the era, did not happen in a special bubble, it merely was the proto-type for what developed in to all the hallmarks of the 60s and the hippy era. It's just the same confused people.

Of course Jack Parsons with his poet's heart wanted to rescue women, but he was trying to do it with a 1940s American-male brain that he fed with Crowley's crap which everyone knows, hardly was uplifting for women.

"But I say that that perfect image in the heart of man is patterned by the awful lust in space-time that shapes all women, the insatiable and eternal lust of Pan that is BABALON."

-J.W. Parsons

He sounds like he is straight outta 1695, with a chaser of bad "Gnosticism".

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Edit: Bybyots, you said it so much better than I did.

I personally think it was just a bunch of young, brilliant/intellectual, and highly eccentric people who were into rockets/spacecraft.

Thus its not super surprising that one of them might have been drawn into some occult nonsense that might have spread through a subculture on college campuses.
edit on 20-2-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Bybyots

Of course Jack Parsons with his poet's heart wanted to rescue women, but he was trying to do it with a 1940s American-male brain that he fed with Crowley's crap which everyone knows, hardly was uplifting for women.

"But I say that that perfect image in the heart of man is patterned by the awful lust in space-time that shapes all women, the insatiable and eternal lust of Pan that is BABALON."

-J.W. Parsons

He sounds like he is straight outta 1695, with a chaser of bad "Gnosticism".

I know Crowley had those older mind-structures of women, which he created in his brain in his own era, long before the changes which started occurring and accelerated quickly into the '60s. Through that blender. Then the children of the sixties retreated into self and not into the culture to experience consciousness experiences and training (while in the real world disco was the rage).

The Parsons quote above, as I'm seeing it this isn't backward thinking at all, but a wonderful description of a state of consciousness. "the perfect image in the heart of man" - what a destination! I see it as the brain forming a person's world, right in the brain itself (the stuff we all know about how the senses create our total reality in images and instantly-present memories in the brain, and what is the perfect image in the heart of man? For straight men, as Parsons was, the Goddess, women, the creation we create that we worship that "is patterned by the awful lust in space-time" - our minds creating, operating in constantly refreshed images in space-time which we experience as seamless, which includes an element of lust (lust being the need to worship another body and mind, the drive to give and receive affection, and the search for moments which can be extended) "which shapes all women" (i.e. the sensory image of a woman or man that we experience in our brain).

"the insatiable and eternal lust of Pan which is BABALON". As you say, the writing of a poet. This line seems to take us to the level and place of Pan, the symbol and God of the creation that both the brain makes and we experience yet we feel extending outward into the world, that which rules the world (our personal world and what we imagine is the outer world) -- and then, in the Babalon Working, to draw forth from these images and this worship and this honoring that a magi such as Parson can create as experienced in his brain (which is driven, of course, by hormones and genetic memories which we experience as the organism wanting to create copies of itself) and identify it as Pan - but Pan who needs an equal. And then to be compelled to bring that equal into the world for all the world, to rescue the image created by lust at its finest, which is a beautiful and powerful image, and make that appear in the real world. Babalon, as he soon called her, was at his house when he got back from his ceremony. For some reason Cameron fit the bill, and in Parson's mind the ceremony had worked. And maybe he was powerful enough to pull it into reality. He was powerful enough to pull the space age into reality by playing a part in it. And so his love for one image in his mind became a love for many, or all, when, finally twinned by his instant attraction and communication on and with Cameron - who he recognized as a magick woman - he likely knew that together they would work even further to occultly draw that level of female empowerment into the real world.

That's how I read it out when I read it, so I'm not seeing it as a quote which demeans women but empowers and enlarges (I think it was Bob Wilson who said the best way to expand your universe is to accept everybody elses) humans agreed-upon image for society, thus once again extending the envelope (which Crowley was so good at) and helping to accelerate the pathway for the 1940s male brain to go to the next level.

Oh, and I should have said this much earlier in the discussion. When I say Crowley would maybe have gotten along well with Hubbard, I was and am thinking of Hubbard at the top of his creative and spiritual abilities, which I would pin somewhere in the mid 1950s, when both the world-yet-to-come and the space age were young.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
jcolavito.tripod.com...
Dang, I never heard this one, bump to read.

edit on 102828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

where can i see this ritual? you have me curious.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Staroth

Freedom is a Two Edged Sword *wink*

Or as its known in magical circles an athame. I am familiar with the basics of sex magic and the rituals it uses. I am far from an adept but I have a working knowledge.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Excellent work Josh and Crew! Jack Parson's story is one of the more intriguing of the early American adventures into rocketry and the fact he was a co-founder of JPL really plants it center stage, or so one would have thought.

The fact Jack Parson has been left out of virtually every American History class, Physics/Science class in just about every public school in the country (I wonder if they teach about him in the Pasadena District?) is direct evidence of the U.S. government shaping history to make itself look as "clean" as possible.

I'm confident that had Jack been a "good boy" based on the social sensibilities of the 1940's and 1950's U.S. mainstream, he would be a household name and as scholastically popular as Wernher von Braun. Looking at von Braun's history it makes one wonder why Parson's has been erased from memory by way of omission in historical education.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

is direct evidence of the U.S. government shaping history to make itself look as "clean" as possible.

No it's not Springer; might be evidence of decisions that the governing board of directors at JPL have made, but it is hardly evidence that the U.S. government is hiding anything.

But Josh is going to find out for us, right? As one or two of the interviewees suggested, that's the thread to pull on, and I'll bet you right now it has everything to do with Parson's academic background and nothing to do with, well, anything else.

edit on 21-2-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Aleister
As someone said earlier, the stuff of movies (if we film it they will come).

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If James Franco ends up with the Parsons role, I'm boycotting.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Since most people are not even aware that JPL pre-dates NASA, I think you may be getting carried away with claims of revisionism. Historians downplay Parsons' interests in the occult for the same reason they downplay Einstein's sex life: it is not really germain to his accomplishments and likely to encourage negative judgements.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think the point was more Parsons' relative invisibility in the history books relative to those of Goddard or von Braun, not his more esoteric occult interests being ignored.

Personally, I think the fact Parsons had no accredited education and therefore no institution flacking for him did the most to cause his relative anonymity. That and the lack of publicly available papers. A lot of what he's responsible for is still classified, I believe.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Maybe they did tap into something beyond physics.

I have always thought knowledge is imparted.
edit on 012828p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join