It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Mysteries : Skinwalker Spotted In New Mexico.(IR pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

I hope the mods gave you at least one applause for that. Well done. Next!

Skinwalkers are an interesting topic, though.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm glad this was debunked, I was scared it was another Dulce escape.

Said to be the offspring of cats and rabbits, rumors of cabbits have been around since at least 1845, when Joseph Train mistook a Manx cat – a tailless breed of cat with unusually long hind legs – for the offspring of a cottontail and a house cat and wrote about it in An Historical and Statistical Account of the Isle of Man. In modern times, however, cabbits have generally been considered a scientific impossibility, because cats and rabbits are just too genetically dissimilar.

“A cat is a carnivore, with its whole body adapted to hunting and meat-eating,” wrote cryptozoology researcher Sarah Hartwell in a 1999 online article. “A rabbit is an herbivore with its whole body adapted to eating plants.”

Yet, according to Hartwell, somehow in 1977, a man named Val Chapman, walking in the desert near Dulce, captured what he insisted was a cabbit. Its front half looked like the front half of a normal cat, but its back half lacked a tail and featured long legs almost identical to those of a jackrabbit. Chapman took the cabbit on tour, featuring it prominently in a Los Angeles exhibit, on TV and in supermarket tabloids.

“It is believed to have escaped from Dulce’s laboratory years ago,”
accordingtoleanne.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

trollz
This is from a movie or something, here's a gif of it for proof.

Great UFO mystery or a test on everyone's sci fi movie knowledge?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

trollz
This is from a movie or something, here's a gif of it for proof.

Clearly TPTB CGI the vehicle.

No way this is fake, I proved it using numerology. Numbers don't lie.

To the hoax bin we go.

edit on 20228America/ChicagoThu, 20 Feb 2014 09:20:27 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

BOOM!!!! Debunked!!!! It is indeed from that movie and the scene in the movie is much creepier.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

By George I think he's got it !

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Xtro freaked me out as a kid... love that movie. I think they have part 2 and 3, but haven't seen 'em.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

BANG!!! at exactly 8:16, you see the EXACT SAME SCENE
You hit it bro!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

My grandmother had a cat that my entire family is convinced was a cabit. I'm not entirely sure they're right in saying a can and rabbit can't procreate.

reply to post by interupt42

I present to you, sir, 1 star and 5000 internets for making me loller Monster Rojo Rehab all over my keypad.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

greyer
I'm glad this was debunked, I was scared it was another Dulce escape.

Who, besides you, said Val Chapman's pet was a "Dulce escape"?

A cabbit is a fictional hybrid between a cat and a rabbit. They have appeared in fiction and fantasy stories including Japanese anime and manga, and have also been dubiously purported to have been observed in the wild. Most if not all observations are attributable to either misidentified Manx cats or outright hoaxes.

A cat-rabbit hybrid creature was first incorrectly documented by Joseph Train of Castle Douglas, Galloway, Scotland, in his "An Historical and Statistical Account of the Isle of Man", where he opined that the local Manx cat was such a hybrid: "My observations on the structure and habits of the specimen in my possession, leave little doubt on my mind of its being a mule, or cross between the female cat and the buck rabbit."[1] Train also refers to the tufty tail on the posterior of the "Manks" cat as being a fud (Scots: fud), "or brush like that of a rabbit." But scientific study has invalidated Mr. Train's genetically impossible conclusion.[2]

The portmanteau term "cabbit" is used for such imagined hybrids. The exact year of coinage is uncertain. The term was used in 1977 to describe a specimen found in New Mexico and exhibited in Los Angeles. The specimen was showcased on the The Tonight Show and was later determined to be a cat with a deformed pelvis.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-2-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It should also be noted that the proper debunking also disproves the "drive-by debunking" that occurred at the top of the thread.

Debunkers have more to learn here than believers.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
God must of been drunk when it made that planet it from.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Its from a freaking movie Xtro, was on all the rental shelf's in 90s as a direct to The crappy scifi/horror it sat next to troll 2 and gremlins 2 at my local Video Wiz. The movie and that crab walk scene was reviewed by Cinemassacre.com.

Some people are so gullible believing in anything paranormal they've become mental midgets on the mildly retarded scale.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Cito
Its from a freaking movie Xtro, was on all the rental shelf's in 90s as a direct to The crappy scifi/horror it sat next to troll 2 and gremlins 2 at my local Video Wiz. The movie and that crab walk scene was reviewed by Cinemassacre.com.

Another drive by debunker.

So much to learn...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

CitoSome people are so gullible believing in anything paranormal they've become mental midgets on the mildly retarded scale.

Skinwalkers are real. Talking from the safety of your home and likely to never have stepped foot on one of the reservations where these kind of individuals exist doesn't mean something doesn't exist. I lived on the Navajo reservation for years and years. I was warned beforehand by my significant other at the time about them and being cautious at night. I laughed him off because I was a tough city girl. I'd go outside numerous times at night as a smoker and into the wee hours. I hear flute several nights and misattributed it to being some kid practicing a recorder. The night that I got whooped at from the nearby cluster of trees at about 3 am (insomniac)--that freaked me out but I figured it was a young kid trying to spook me out. Then came the night where I got duped by a skinwalker. I thought it was an animal in trouble and got within 10 feet of it. Followed it. Then I realized that it was NOT the animal I thought it was and ran like hell back to the safety of the front door. Despite my instinctual fear, I watched it go up the hill, roll around the dirt and then park itself under a streetlight to watch me watching her. That's when my significant other popped out to see what I was staring so rigidly at, hollered "sh*t!" and yanked me inside, bolting the door behind me.

Skinwalkers are real. They're not demons or werewolves but they are most definitely real. They were once animal shamans who were a part of the tribe as messengers and warriors. They were made outcast sometime around the time of the Long Walk. The Navajo are deeply embarrassed by them though I don't think they should be. Every group has their bad eggs. Theirs just happen to be freaky as hell.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

draknoir2

The webpage I cited and every other version of the story I have read since I heard it first.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

draknoir2

Cito

Another drive by debunker.

So much to learn...

People that start threads like these really need to look more before they post.

Skinwalker LOL
edit on 22-2-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

greyer

draknoir2

The webpage I cited and every other version of the story I have read since I heard it first.

"accordingtoleanne.com
Musings from a mind on fire" ???

Seriously?

My bad. I didn't do a thorough search of fringe conspiracy blogs.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

wmd_2008

People that start threads like these really need to look more before they post.

Skinwalker LOL
edit on 22-2-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

More than a few members here with that title in their screenname.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

draknoir2
Seriously?

My bad. I didn't do a thorough search of fringe conspiracy blogs.

Please give me a chance to make clear that I was totally sarcastic in my post. However, to say that nothing strange has gone on in the last 70 years is just ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join