It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Mysteries : Skinwalker Spotted In New Mexico.(IR pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Search didn't come up with the exact title and I haven't seen a thread on this either..

If there is a thread started .. plz post the link thanks..

As for the pic, looks super freaky to me (it's classic description of a Skinwalker) I don't have a FB account so those that do, have you seen this floating around FB ?

For those that can't watch the vid, a New Mexican Geologist working in the are of Lybrook & Counselor when he saw something odd and decided to take a heat signature of it; super creepy looking creature but nearly perfectly clear in the picture that was taken ..

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Pretty weird, but the last statement by the reporter sums it all up: "She has no information about it's origins", so we don't even know who took the picture, if it was really a geologist or if that was just a cover story from a hoaxer, and we don't even have the original picture. Not much you can really say about this one. Would love to see the original pic, however.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

It's called a crab walk:

In this case, the crab walking model is naked and has a mask on the back of their head to make it look super creepy.

*yawn*

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Looks like a person sitting in a soft canvas type folding camping chair to me. The chair legs have nearly reached thermal equilibrium. Probably female, with long hair falling over the back of the chair -- looking up and slightly away from the IR camera.

Not very impressive at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Komodo

Pretty weird, but the last statement by the reporter sums it all up: "She has no information about it's origins", so we don't even know who took the picture, if it was really a geologist or if that was just a cover story from a hoaxer, and we don't even have the original picture. Not much you can really say about this one. Would love to see the original pic, however.

she clearly said in the video ..

it was taken by a New Mexican Geologist and the pic is suppose to be floating around FB from what I understand..was hoping that somoen on ATS might have seen it come across their FB page

edit on 20-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I've seen this image posted several times throughout the 'net, each time with a different back story. I've also seen it posted a few times on /b/ in the creepypasta threads.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Komodo

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Komodo

it was taken by a New Mexican Geologist and the pic is suppose to be floating around FB from what I understand..was hoping that somoen on ATS might have seen it come across their FB page

No, she clearly says that the person who posted it claims it was taken in a specific area in New Mexico and that "the story" is that it was taken by a geologist. Said geologist is never mentioned by name, let alone interviewed or confirmed to have taken the picture. It has the makings of an urban myth all over it.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yep,,thats the Skinwalker,,,they are harmless ,,its just looking for a mate

no...Its a still shot from a 1983 movie called Xtro

start watching around 7:55 up to about 8:20

pause at 8:15

edit on 20-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
reply to post by Komodo

It's called a crab walk:

In this case, the crab walking model is naked and has a mask on the back of their head to make it look super creepy.

*yawn*

Actually you're spot on. That's what I was seeing as well. You can see the way that the shoulders are rounded, the knees, and buttocks. He's wearing a mask on the back of the head. Exactly what I saw.

The question is, though, is it a skinwalker? Contrary to popular belief, skinwalkers are not actual shape shifters. They are masters of animal emulation. Those that have seen them will mistake them for being an animal because of their practices. They only go out after the moon is set or is new, when the wind is blowing, and so on. They avoid light. Looking at something that appears to be a dog in your yard in that kind of lighting can make it look like a dog. Until it stands upright.

Skinwalkers don skins and this is actually a pretty important thing. They are modeled after Coyote, who in all of his tales, is said to adjust and clutch his skin about him like a robe. Coyote also loses his skin in one tale and he gambles for additional ones. An animal skin is extremely important to a skinwalker as it is what imbues them with the power of the specific animal. Basically, bear skin? Strength. Cougar? Agility and speed. Coyote? Stealth and speed. A skinwalker without a skin is one that has been abandoned by his pack. This photo shows what appears to be a naked man with a mask on the back of his head and more importantly, no animal skin. I've also never heard a report of a skinwalker wearing a mask. They'll be naked and under an animal skin, but not necessarily wearing a mask.

This is what a skinwalker skin looks like in today's day and age. In the old days, the skull wouldn't be what is actually beautifully crafted paper mache but the actual animal skull with the eyes gouged out. Nasty affair. Times must be tough for the modern skinwalker as only the central body portion is actual rotting cougar skin. Charming, isn't it? The little brown things on the ground are sheep feces. Apparently the sheep in the area didn't like it either.

The mask and no skin makes me think that it's not a Navajo or Apache skinwalker. I've also never heard of a skinwalker on fours like that. Face forward for speed only and the most encumbered they'll get is when they use stilts to emulate a horse or donkey. However, other tribes are rumored to have picked up the practice and there are a number of tribes in that specific area including some that probably use masks.

goo.gl...
www.aaanativearts.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

Komodo

DeadSeraph
reply to post by Komodo

No, she clearly says that the person who posted it claims it was taken in a specific area in New Mexico and that "the story" is that it was taken by a geologist. Said geologist is never mentioned by name, let alone interviewed or confirmed to have taken the picture. It has the makings of an urban myth all over it.

The location given, specifically Counselor, NM, is actually in a pipeline/oil field area. If you look at the map in my preceding post, you'll see "pipeline rd". That offers up some legitimacy to the original claim. Also, it wouldn't be the first time that something like this opted to mess with a non-native. I think they rather enjoy it to be honest.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This picture has already been debunked from krqe.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">krqe.com

It apparently comes from a 1980s science fiction move “Xtro,” where a creepy being is born, then goes on the prowl and is spotted by a couple driving along the road.

But as a previous member posted they are usually seen with a skin and/or with face paint. Creepy thing to see outside your house in the early morning hours nonetheless.
edit on 20-2-2014 by pinkportalpounder because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2014 by pinkportalpounder because: Added video

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

pinkportalpounder
This picture has already been debunked from krqe.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Source

It apparently comes from a 1980s science fiction move “Xtro,” where a creepy being is born, then goes on the prowl and is spotted by a couple driving along the road.

But as a previous member posted they are usually seen with a skin and/or with face paint. Creepy thing to see outside your house in the early morning hours nonetheless.
edit on 20-2-2014 by pinkportalpounder because: (no reason given)

Yep. Glad I was right about it being absolutely wrong for a skinwalker. People tend to shoot at skinwalkers so walking in a difficult crabwalk would not be conducive to living a very long life. That was a pretty important flaw, too.

Here's the exact picture:
www.chud.com...

P.S. In defense of the tv station, they did their homework on the claimed location. Someone actually having a clear picture of one of these would probably draw a lot of attention out there.
edit on 20/2/14 by WhiteAlice because: added the ps

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Interesting how Dulce is in close proximity to where this picture was "claimed" to be taken. IF it were in fact legit my guess would be some sort of hybrid runaway from that base.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

pinkportalpounder
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Interesting how Dulce is in close proximity to where this picture was "claimed" to be taken. IF it were in fact legit my guess would be some sort of hybrid runaway from that base.

That might have made for a more convincing story, lol, though it'd be one heck of a run for the hybrid. But heck, they could've hopped onto the 537 and it's a straight shot to the purported location.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Misinformation
Yep,,thats the Skinwalker,,,they are harmless ,,its just looking for a mate

no...Its a still shot from a 1983 movie called Xtro

start watching around 7:55 up to about 8:20

pause at 8:15

edit on 20-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

Spot on! It's exactly the same

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is from a movie or something, here's a gif of it for proof.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Good catch.

I saw that garbage movie in the 90s...had something to do with an author of horror fiction.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Oh wow! Great debunking! Makes you wonder why newsrooms and people don't actually do more research before publishing these things!! Good job we have an expert team here on ATS!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by Komodo

I've seen this image posted several times throughout the 'net, each time with a different back story. I've also seen it posted a few times on /b/ in the creepypasta threads.

CREEPYPSTA GOES ON /X/!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

trollz
This is from a movie or something, here's a gif of it for proof.

wow.. ~~~!!

Since I'm not into horror films I most certainly missed this one

Thank you !

OVERLY debunked !! just goes to show you, never trust FB

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join