It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Immigration debate in Australia and it's sabateurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
More specifically the squeaky wheels with internet access that post aggressive pictures with xenophobic messages on them.

A picture appeared on my visage-pamphlett (

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

ATS MODERATORS!!!!!!!!! what happened to my post?? it's only displaying the first few lines??

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Raivan31

ATS MODERATORS!!!!!!!!! what happened to my post?? it's only displaying the first few lines??

Darn those Australian sabateurs, they've stuck again!

I tell you they're everywhere.

ETA - Sorry OP, couldn't restrain myself. Look forward to reading your post when it's up.
edit on 347am3535am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Fascinating thread, or at least it may be?

P

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Lets remove the illegal code (those ones that dont speak forum for a start) and like the inaction of a minister for immigration, the entire place is flooded with new characters.

Raivan31
More specifically the squeaky wheels with internet access that post aggressive pictures with xenophobic messages on them.

A picture appeared on my visage-pamphlett (play on words) feed.
I can't repost it here as ATS has rules against profanity.
It say's: 'Australia. Fit in or F&*k off' with the words sitting on a picture of Australia.

This does not represent me.
I believe that when in Rome you do as the Romans do, it just makes sense. This doesn't mean abandoning your culture, it just means that you observe and respect local custom and tradition, particulary if you plan on living there.

But the only Australians that ever get any media time are the barbaric, yobbo, race riot causing minority.

For the record, a lot of Australians were offended by images of the cronulla race riots. as they have been by images and footage of boat people in various different distressing situations.

Unfortunatly SOME Australians get angry at the boat people when they see these images.
Complete lack of Empathy - it's waaaay more common then you might think. (but that's another topic )

So anyway i leave a comment on this picture to the effect of pleading with the Australian public to control themselves and start acting with a bit of decorum and self respect, like civilized human beings instead of Vandal raiders trying to sack Rome.

Did it do any good?

Heck no it did'nt. Apparently I'm a Muslim and I should pack my bags and get out of 'Their' country.
I can trace both sides of my family back to the first fleet that came to Australia. my ancestors were shackled in irons and brought here as slave labour but were free men and women within a generation. Charles Harpur is my great great great grandfather, he was also the first famous Australian Poet laureate. My grandfather fought in WW2 with great honours and distinction.
I have no other place i call my homeland.

Incedentally, i done a little digging and discovered that this guys grandfather emmigrated here after the war from europe... so it's a bit rich telling me I have to pack my bags, especially considering I never suggested he do the same thing... the thought never crossed my mind because it's his home too. he has a right to live here just like I do and his claim is no stronger or weaker then my own.
This is unfortunatly the kind of people that get all of the attention down here.

Basically this entire post is to plead, beg you all out there, the international community, to ignore and disregard these types of people if you see them on the news or internet.

They do not represent the true heart of Australia, we are nice, kind generous people. no less so then any others. and while we may not be perfect we do try not to be bad (most of us anyway)

If I had to i would be inclined to compare Australians to Canadians. we are very similar in our general outlook on life.

There HAS to be a peaceful and respectful and civilized solution.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Raivan31 because: my whole post did not appear so i clicked edit.

edit on 20-2-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Bassago

Raivan31

Darn those Australian sabateurs, they've stuck again!

I tell you they're everywhere.

ETA - Sorry OP, couldn't restrain myself. Look forward to reading your post when it's up.
edit on 347am3535am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Yes, we aussies are a resourceful lot. Whilst I cannot directly comment on this thread as info isn''t forthcoming I may say the word xenophobia is thrown around a lot in this country of mine. I laugh at it as it is a defence mechanism every time someone mentions or is critical of illegal immigrants. "Oh, you're xenophobic."

I just don't want violent, uncaring, bludging, whining, whinging queue jumpers in my country. By all means you're welcome as a legal but for F's sake try to assumulate a little without constant complaining about Aussies free and easy life style and keep a hat on your temper. Leave your knives at home for eating. If you need to carry a gun then go back to your country of origin and use it there. Ohhh! Am I xenophobic!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How do you get Illegals?

A bit surprised really, i mean, you are a continent by itself, no border with other countries....

Sea patrol not doing their job or what?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

luciddream
How do you get Illegals?

A bit surprised really, i mean, you are a continent by itself, no border with other countries....

Sea patrol not doing their job or what?

They bypass other safe ports of call to enter Australian waters in purposely rigged boats so that they cannot be turned around, and then we have no choice but to intercept and process them. And if we do that properly, we get all sorts of hell accusations thrown at us for being evil, and we end up with a large number of people in the country with no identification. We're constantly seeing riots and dissent in processing centers and all the green left hippies who think everyone is a flower child, rant about how evil it is to process them. But they destroy their ID so we have no choice but to determine if they are of good character or some sneaky miscreant entering the country illegally. They pay large sums to get here. Some multiple times after being refused entry previously. Some come here and are then angry that we send them to another country that has agreed to take a certain number of refugees. In other words, they lie to get here, and here alone.

If we had reasonable neighbours in the region, who would do their job that they agreed to, it would not be so interesting as they would not reach our waters. But we don't we have sniveling ingrates that take our aid but then thumb their noses at us.

Sea patrols can only do so much. As you say we are an island. a very large one.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

Ah i see, that is a a troubling scenario. And not to mention the whole large size of it for the patrol to handle.

Where do these illegals mainly come from? SE Asian countries? since they are close i assume.

Why can't they settle the new refugees in the least unpopulated area of the country. That way they can be productive(not saying all illegals are lazy thieves, im pretty sure most just want a better life but going about it the wrong way).

Is it hard to apply for Visa/residence in Australia?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bally001

I just don't want violent, uncaring, bludging, whining, whinging queue jumpers in my country. By all means you're welcome as a legal

I understand, we have the same problem here in the US with illegals crossing the southern border from Mexico. To my mind someone who does this is 1) desperate, 2) uncaring about any laws and frankly while I understand things may be tough for them at home I don't care and don't want them in the US illegally. If they apply through legal channels then no problem.

Did a thread a while back about your PM using the Navy to push boats back to Indonesia. I think it's a great idea and more power to the Australian Navy.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

What these people are talking about (and i am on the same boat) is when people come to Australia and make no attempt to learn english and live in a western society, specifically Muslim women who claim "Religion and Culture" as to why they can't remove their headgear when entering a bank, yet "Religion and Culture" is why they fled their home country to live a better life here. So we are angry that the come here to live better life yet make no steps to improve the suppression that they faced in their home country

top topics

join