It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Sleep Recordings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Fascinating recordings OP, it couldn't have been easy to expose a side of yourself that you didn't even know about, and that deserves a flag.

How did you react when you played them back to yourself? It must have been disconcerting, people become someone else when they're in R.E.M sleep, I know I am.

You might be having lucid dreams. Lucid dreaming is a way of your conscience getting a foot in the door of your sub conscience before it's shut out for the night. Certain stimuli can affect your interactivity with dreaming and can emerge physically.

Maybe you could keep a dream journal and use that night app of yours to help you uncover the underlying meaning of your dreams.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My first post on ATS so bear with me. I really enjoyed this thread. I know that I have heard myself talking in my sleep and I wake up thinking what the heck was I saying. in the past my wife had even said I woke up screaming and started grabbing at her. I would be afraid to even record my self to hear what I may be saying. but reading today makes me really curious that I just may do so. thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Cool. Sleep is pretty mysterious, no matter how much it's reduced and scrutinized.

The assertion that we go out and explore other dimensions, at times, resonates with me but of course there's no proof... or much.

I have spoken odd dialects (one gf heard Latin she thought) and once saw an old frisbee on my house's roof in a vivid dream that I later found to be actually there, but had no prior knowledge of.

So talking in foreign languages? Sure. Garbled mind noise that is easily explainable? Sure. Sleep is the most liminal experience most of us have... until death, that is.

When I was a kid sleeping at a friends house after an epic gaming session, my friend sat bolt upright at 3 a.m. sharp (I can still see him in silhouette against the window from my vantage point on the floor) and stated, loudly and lucidly, "The lights are coming."

Then he flopped back on his bed and was silent... I didn't sleep too well after that, though (shudder).

Maybe we are programmed to sleep so the zoo keepers can clean up at night...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Sounds like some sort of native, maybe Aztec.
Need a linguist to determine that.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

That is truly earie, don't know what to make of it. But it dos sound like someone is walking around on the floor.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
wow, just wow

i would guess like someone else said that you are being attacked in your sleep by some kind of entity or even possession. what i would do however first is try and train yourself to remember your dreams. perhaps even lucid dreaming. this way if you could recall or control your dreams it might help you to solve the mystery. but, it really reminds me of the parsel tongue snake language from harry potter, lol. it certainly creepy as hell. especially the one where you sound like you are in physical pain. i myself have a history of doing weird # in my sleep but, my list pales in comparison to these recordings. though im definitely getting this app for myself and letting it do its thing to see what happens, because there are times where i wake up with bruises or with no clothes on with no memory of what happened over night.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Interesting....

I did this once when my partner was away working away as I'd had some very strange experiences including paranormal activity and nightmares. I had also caught some very bizarre evp's. Like you I downloaded an app to record only when noise reached a certain level, what I heard the next day scared the bjeesuz out of me. There was a man's voice, lots of whispering, creepy demonic laughing and voices and I seemed to be having a conversation with whatever was there that night. Put it this way I haven't recorded anything since. I was also physically hit on the head by something that left a mark and intense pain, whilst my partner was sleeping next to me about a month later. I smudged the house and sprinkled salt water around and things went quiet for a while, but things have picked up again, the other night I went out in the carport for a cigarette, came back in and there were 3 distinct knocks on the door, yet no one was there...very very strange and messed up. I think it's time to do another smudging etc, I'd do the same by the sounds of your recordings.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The time of night I think is very telling as to the experience. Like someone mentioned the whole "witching hour". I've had SEVERAL experiences in my house lately at around 3 in the morning. I am assuming that one of the voices is yours, so there is definitely another voice in the recordings. The OP definitely has more courage than I in this aspect. I have no problem going ghost hunting with friends or with the random paranormal experience in my house but I don't think I could ever set up a recording in my bedroom. The problem is I know i'd find something that I didn't want to hear.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I decided to give it a try... I discovered my wife calls a cloud regularly throughout the night [url=http://m.youtube.com.../url] tablet and predictive text... pet hate :-)
I eat imaginary food and I spoke on several occasions...a mix of an unknown language and English. Speaking names of people I've never heard of in places I have never been... very interesting I may conduct this research for a prolonged period...
only ever wrote it down or asked the Mrs. I'll share after I'm satisfied with the results :-)
edit on 21-2-2014 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
My fiance speaks fluent German when he sleeps, once when he was younger he had an entire conversation with his German grandmother. He cannot speak German when he awake. Pretty crazy stuff

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My post got eaten to help me be more concise...
I sleep record all the time.
The app you're using isn't going to tell you everything because it's not recording everything.
A field recorder like an Olympus LS 100 will record all night and hear absolutely the smallest sounds.
Audacity is a free program that will show you when sounds happen ( so you don't have to listen to the whole night) and let you play with levels and really draw out the good parts

Good hunting!

There's an app called Rode Recorder which would be fine and I would recommend the pay version, but the latest updates make it randomly stop recording. I hope it's the updates, anyway. Don't want no Succubus jackin with my phone
edit on 21-2-2014 by GrislyAddams because: More info

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi Op, I did use the same program years back but never got any results to be honest. I know I used to talk in my sleep when I was younger but guess I phased out of it over the years.

In the last two recordings, especially the 4th, it sounds to me like you're shifting and then sitting up so you could be sleepwalking as well without knowing it. Do you speak any other languages as there's certainly more than just muffled English going on?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sounds like you're speaking in tongues in a couple of the recordings. But sounds more of a diabolical kind.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

DreamerOracle
I decided to give it a try... I discovered my wife calls a cloud regularly throughout the night [url=http://m.youtube.com.../url] tablet and predictive text... pet hate :-)
I eat imaginary food and I spoke on several occasions...a mix of an unknown language and English. Speaking names of people I've never heard of in places I have never been... very interesting I may conduct this research for a prolonged period...
only ever wrote it down or asked the Mrs. I'll share after I'm satisfied with the results :-)

Its interesting, and think everyone should start this procedure.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GrislyAddams

I have a small ghost hunting type recorder, a couple of them, runs on batteries. This may be useful. But how do you do use audacity? Do you mean that you have a laptop or computer near the bed with audacity running on record all night, OR do you mean that you upload the sound file to audacity afterwards. I like audacity but don't have a computer near my bed.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Plug in a Male to Male Jack lead into the ear socket of the recording device and the Mic socket of your PC or laptop.... then just tweak audacity preferences and press play on your device, copying it to audacity, a perfect way to clean out the hours of snoring and cloud whistling lol

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

DreamerOracle

this is some fascinating stuff, I am starting to think we make contact and cross over, my dreams have been vivid full length movies all my life, many times healings and exorcisms, damn I hate those, and apoctoliptic.
I'm exhausted

couple weeks ago I was standing barefoot the ground below me was transparent and flowing with rivers of lava, I was chanting

and holding back some demonic force.

I speak in tongues often in these dreams, I dont want to hear it.
edit on 062828p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

A couple of weeks ago I woke me and my wife up. I yelled out loud in my sleep, Where is this bus taking me. First time I have ever done that to my knowledge. Had to get up and go to work anyways.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
WTF!

Those recordings are enough to give me nightmares, lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
yeah, i heard the word 'quarantine' and thought wtf? my mate had this app last year and posted his girlfriend talking in her sleep and it sounded nothing like yours!!

i don't trust any of these apps though, try recording from just a normal recorder and i agree with what sled said about backwards speech but i don't think you need an exorcist though!!!

im enjoying this thread, im gunna stick my recorder on tonight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join